Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 167 total)
  • Moto GP 2016
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

If he can’t win on the ducati I’d be amazed. If it wasn’t for nearby kamikazes Dovi would have had three podiums in the three races.

salad_dodger

Can’t see Rins going there. I reckon Vinales will get the ride and then Iannone will move to Suzuki which wouldn’t be a bad move. Hope both Espargaro boys get the boot this year, and Crutchlow is doing nothing to justify another year on the Honda. I’d really like to see Rea come into GP as he is head and shoulders above everyone else in Superbikes.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’d really like to see Rea come into GP

Too old. The best he’d get is a third rate bike to plod around with Laverty at the back.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

well thats gone and done it.. a non spaniard winning in Jerez.

Warming up nicely for the reast of the season. The Doc must be be loving the new michelins 🙂

Moe

…. one swallow doesn’t make a summer! Pity the race didn’t continue like it started for the first few laps, Laverty looking good though! 🙂

Moe
    RickDraper
    Free Member

LOL at Crutchslow been linked to the factory Honda ride….

dlr

Crutchlowcrash has done nothing this year to be worthy of such a ride other than testing the impact strength of components! I also chuckled reading about Reading on about (proper) factory Ducati when recently Barbera on a much older one has been quicker

Pedrosa to Yamaha makes no sense unless the teams behind the scenes have a lot more interest on the manufacturers crown than is mentioned (barely ever) on tv. With Rossi off in a year or two they need a youngster to bring through, ideal time next year with consistent Rossi leading the team.

If Pol is no good and Vinales not interested then take on Rins or Zarco

Moe

…… maybe Rossi is calling the shots?

zanelad
    Free Member

I don’t see Crutchlow jelling well with the management at HRC 😀

dlr

Folger to Tech 3 next year http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/230044/1/jonas-folger-signs-for-tech-3-yamaha-for-2017.html

Surprised they didn’t go for Zarco seeing as he is a Frenchie. On a related note, when are they going to bin their Moto2 team as the chassis has been poor since Smith left and they said before not much point running the team with someone elses chassis. I guess whilst they have sponsers, why not..

Moe
    dlr

Very unforgiving those front tyres….Ianonne idiot, he might have caught Lorenzo had he not gone so mad. Fell off the sofa when Dovi and Marquez went down.

Currently waiting for an interview with Crutchlowcrash where he says he had the pace for the podium and how every other rider in GP and WSBK paddock isn’t deserving of a Factory ride 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Synchronized crashing, was quite a surprise.

Moe

Cruchlow on social media

We’re all human I know but I wish he’d stayed above it….

almightydutch
    Free Member

The Pedrosa to Yamaha rumour comes from Yamahas title sponsor Movistar wanting a Spanish rider on their bike.

Silly season starting this early is fun.

Muke
    Free Member

So Pedrosa staying at Honda, Vinales going to Yamaha, Dovi staying at Ducati and crazy Joe going to Suzuki.

and Mugello this weekend 😀

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I still want to see 26 go to Yamaha

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

I’m off to Barcelona two weeks today, can’t wait 🙂

epicyclo

Yamaha are training Rossi’s replacement

[video]https://youtu.be/4dUb5T7DU-Q[/video]

Moe

Hell of a race!

….. shame we’ll only see about two minutes worth on ITV4!

zanelad
    Free Member

2 blow ups in one day! 😥

epicyclo

There’s a lot of luck going round this season. Trouble is it’s the wrong sort…

That was a brilliant last minute move by Lorenzo though.

Good to see Smith back on form. He just does the job and does it well. I think we’ve seen the end of him though, it’s a backward step where he’s going.

Pigface
    Free Member

😥 very sad news about Salom 🙁

simondbarnes

Dreadful news 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

Noooo…..bad times, f@#& off death yer bastid.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Use of an asphalt run off is ridiculous, they’ve changed the track lay out now a rider has died to the F1 layout.

A bit late isn’t it.

👿

epicyclo

A Rossi win. Masterclass.

Crutchlow fastest in testing next day – into the 1:43s. That’s serious pace. May be the start of something…

Rorschach
    Free Member

…..start of his next whinge (used to be a big Cal fan before….you know)

epicyclo

Redding on the front row!

A wet race would be nice. I like his riding style – I think he would have been at home on the old 500s, sideways and bucking.

vongassit
    Free Member

What about that save from marquez? Don’t really like him but jeez he can pull some stuning moves on two wheels/one wheel , but I think thats his best yet.

dlr
    epicyclo

Might be a wet race.

epicyclo

Redding has done well. So far, so good.

epicyclo

Brilliant race. Couldn’t breathe for the last few laps.

An Australian winner! Is Miller the start of a new era? That was a ride worthy of Doohan. Wait till he gets on a full factory bike.

Redding showed some real class to come in 3rd.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Is Miller the start of a new era?

Unless you mean a new permanently wet climate, no.

epicyclo

5thElefant – Member
    Unless you mean a new permanently wet climate, no.

Don’t wish that on us. 🙂

Let’s revisit that once he gets a factory contract…

5thElefant
    Free Member

I just hope he gets a contract of any sort for next year. At least this win might give him a shot.

epicyclo

I do hope so.

Watching it again, what was impressive was how smooth he was in very difficult conditions even though you could see his tyres starting to let go at times. That is why I compared him to Doohan.

Marquez could probably have had him with the more powerful bike, but that he felt it not worth the risk speaks volumes.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2016’ is closed to new replies.