Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 438 total)
  • Moto GP 2015
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Just got back from a ride and after watching it again I’m starting to think MM was hell bent on mucking Rossis chances of finishing in front of Lorenso. They have previous this season and Rossi’s comments in the pre event press conference on Thursday light the blue touch paper. MM (imo I’d imagine him to be a petulant little so and so behind closed doors ) would’ve been seething so maybe wanted to teach the old goat a lesson. Also there may be the bigger, long term vision MM could be looking at. If he stopped Rossi getting his tenth world title it’d be one less for him to chase ?

epicyclo

Tom_W1987 – Member
    ..Total joke, the championship is a farce. Do they not practice reasonable doubt in racing?

Agree.

Marquez had every intention of leaning on Rossi there. MM didn’t care if he crashed if it brought Rossi down.

If Rossi hadn’t been watching him, he would have had Rossi off there.

MM should have got the penalty IMO, his motive was clear from his earlier moves on Rossi in this race.

The penalty is because of the power of the Honda camp.

But wasn’t it great to see Pedrosa back on form – Pedrosa for champion next year?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Singles man – you want to turn a bike quick or change its line you don’t use the front brake.
    The front will sit the bike up causing it to run on.
    The back will slow it and allow you to turn it harder and/or adjust your line.
    MM was too hot after the previous corner and was wide – he was miles off the apex/line he needed so Rossi rightly out it up the inside.
    I’m not defending Rossi for anything but if you watch the aerial view you can clearly see MM looking at him and turning his bike not once but twice into Rossi.
    He didn’t have to do that – he chose to.
    They both should’ve been penalised.

Moe

That is the key, they were both playing silly buggers but Rossi should not have got drawn into it …. easy to say I know!

aracer
    Free Member

But ultimately the crash was caused by MM, which isn’t what the race director is saying. It’s not against the rules to take a non conventional line, it is against the rules to cause a crash.

Moe

If the stage is set, I guess the Rossi legend will set solid if he drags it all the way through and puts it on the podium!

Rorschach
    Free Member

they were both playing silly buggers but Rossi should not have got drawn into it

This.

epicyclo

Rorschach – Member
    ‘they were both playing silly buggers but Rossi should not have got drawn into it’

This.

I don’t think he had much choice. Marquez was definitely harassing him. Marquez could easily have been in front of Lorenzo if he was really racing.

singlesman
    Free Member

Sorry hammy but that’s completely arse about face, trailing the front brake into the turn allows you to turn in tighter, never heared of anyone stamping on the back brake to get it turned, maybe things have changed since my day? Though I can’t believe the physics have?
    As for the ‘incident ‘ I’m with the impartial race control experts,I’m obviously looking at a different crash to those of you in the Rossi fan club.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Its not singlesman – its the very reason I run a thumbrake on the 1400, 10R and the 6R.
    Trailing the front will help you to scrub speed BUT if you do any more than that the bike WILL sit up in the corner due to gyroscopic effect and the headstock allow it to pivot.
    Whereas the rear will scrub speed but allow you to tighten your line.

Heres the overhead view of the incident that many aren’t looking at.
    Clearly shows MM turning, leaning and then Rossi moving his knee only.
    I’m far from a Rossi fan club member – They both have blame here but as many others – personally I think theres something more behind it.

Que cada uno lo vea como quiera.

Posted by Fernanda Toloza Arcos on Sunday, October 25, 2015

[video]http://www.facebook.com/FernandaTolozaArcos/videos/522703087905539/[/video]

singlesman
    Free Member

Who are you racing with hammy? I guess we all do things differently but all the decent racers I know are braking fairly hard into the apex with the front, the rear being so unloaded that any significant braking would end in tears.
    Surely the gyroscopic effect is there regardless as its caused by the wheels turning at speed.
    Would respectfully suggest a race bike sitting up when the front brake is applied hard is not set up right, I’ve never had one do that.

Pigface
    Free Member

Casey Moaner has had a dig on Twitter 😆 bitter little shitbag

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I think the race officials got it right with Rossi for this incident. Marquez had no where to go in the corner and Rossi slowed down across him.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Killed the Championship though.MM was out of order much earlier on.
    All goes back to a few races ago when Rossi should of come in and changed bikes earlier that will haunt him shame really but you never know what might happen yet Hmm.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Shattered spine stopped me racing.
    It’s not the setup – the rear doesn’t have such a large effect because it’s rigidly held in the swingarm.
    Braking hard into the turn isn’t the issue – as you know scrubbing off the major speed whilst upright then trail braking towards the apex.
    Once on its side grabbing a handful of front will either tuck the front if it’s right over or sit the bike up in a not nice way mid corner causing you to run straight on.
    The main reason many road riders find themselves in a hedge unfortunately- well other than target fixation but then that one applies to many mountain bikers too!

Dickyboy

the goat got goaded, shoulda kept his pre race motor mouth shut, got his just deserves (although I think a disqual would have been fairer), fingers crossed will make a great final race for us non partisan fans

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’m a Yamaha fan so I’m happy whoever wins the championship in Valencia but I can’t see how Rossi being forced to start from the back of the grid will make for a great race.Pressure’s off Jorge,he’ll just ride to what his pitboard tells him..

br
    Free Member

At this point in a championship having someone ‘racing’ one of the two ‘pretenders’ isn’t the most sensible for all concerned.

What if MM had knocked Rossi off?

A bit like backmarkers when the leaders come passed, you just get out of the way.

Dai though, just got to the front and left – while he impacted the championship, ie Lorenzo couldn’t get maximum points, he didn’t ride to the point of nearly knocking him off.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Dickyboy – Member

the goat got goaded, shoulda kept his pre race motor mouth shut, got his just deserves (although I think a disqual would have been fairer), fingers crossed will make a great final race for us non partisan fans

Call me a cynic, but your first statement, doesn’t really back up the second 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

On first viewing it looks like Rossi ran him wide at best (which isn’t actually against the rules) then gave him the knee for good measure, which of course is against the rules.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOMIQiVGcmw[/video]

But looking at the slow-mo… Rossi runs wide yes – he’s allow to use all the track, he’s looking at him, but he doesn’t change direction when he sees him, there does seem to be enough room for MM to carry on (just) – there’s certainly enough room for MM to lift as Rossi is clearly in front of him – but first contact is MM hitting Rossi’s knee with his helmet, Rossi pushes him back which was stupid – it does happen when riders turn in on each other and it’s not usually penalised.

I believe the organisers have tried to create the biggest spectacle they can for the final race, Rossi starting at the back is a pretty amazing thing to see at the best of times, but add into that him wanting to finish within 6 points of Jorge, that’s going to be a thing to see. I just hope it doesn’t come down to who’s got to pass who’s fellow countryman to decide it.

epicyclo

Looks to me like MM using intimidation tactics and failing big way.

hammyuk
    Free Member

P-jay – have a look at the overhead view I posted earlier.
    Clearly shows MM turning twice and actually dropping the bike against him.
    Rossi’s knee isn’t intentional – his foot comes off because of MM’s handlebar hitting it.
    That side shot is the one they are all using and calling foul – its as if the overhead that shows the full thing is being buried.

br
    Free Member

10/1 Rossi starts his holidays early by missing Valencia, or even starts retirement

singlesman
    Free Member

So the FIM have rejected Yamahas appeal and even Lin Jarvis admits Rossi was at fault, fairly conclusive .

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

It was a dangerous and deliberate move by Rossi. I think you need to look at the track and the corner that was coming up. Corner 14 is almost acute and is slow corner. MM was getting pushed out by Rossi and he had to lift his bike up, MM then had to lean his bike in to make the corner- probably in the expectation that Rossi was going to lean in too. But he couldn’t because Rossi wasn’t taking a race line and slowed his bike down.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 MM initial lifted as Rossi ran him wide but Rossi kept moving outwards, more than MM expected so when MM started to turn in for the second time Rossi was still there and he found his head on Rossi’s knee, and fell off.

But the crash is secondary to what MM has been doing. i.e. riding in a way to influence the championship. Irrespective of whether this is against any specific ‘rule’ it is massively bang out of order. There’s no way racing should allow this. You my be okay to ride defensively if you are the one trying to win a championship but not for someone else. MM has really pissed on his chips this time.

Fingers crossed something surprising happens in Valencia. It’s not over yet…

Pigface
    Free Member

Classic block pass 😆

hels
    Free Member

I think Rossi was childish and petulant, knows he probably won’t win the championship, so is getting his excuses lined up first. Time to retire !

Meanwhile, Lorenzo quietly keeps out of it and benefits, well played.

P.S and great to see Danny Pedrosa back on the podium.

Pigface
    Free Member

Troll 😆

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Lorenzo hasn’t been quiet though. He’s been sticking his oar in against Rossi.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

reggiegasket
    Free Member

this is what Lorenzo said:

“He [Rossi] have in the past some similar actions but today was the worst one. I don’t think this type of action is a good action coming from [someone] supposed to be a great champion like Valentino Rossi is, no?

“One thing is a contact, another thing is to pull a bike completely straight, look at the rider and pull the leg out to make him crash. This shouldn’t be accepted in this sport.”

deviant
    Free Member

It’s always been an unwritten rule in motor sport that if you’re not in the championship hunt (and MM isn’t) then you don’t get involved….sadly the petulant little Spaniard forgot this and tried to scupper Rossi’s race….he came off worse, suck it up princess and learn some manners.

The only slight bending off this long held tradition is when the person you’re running interference for is a team mate….but MM and Lorenzo aren’t teammates so he had no business slowing Rossi’s race like that.

Sad end to the championship, 10 years ago I’d have staked my mortgage on Rossi being able to start at the back in Valencia and still win, not now though….it’s been great to see a 37 yr old Rossi riding for wins again this year but he’s been done up like a kipper over this by HRC, the Spanish in the sport etc….

Oh well, roll on next year!

Moe

… but he hasn’t got to win it from the back.

techsmechs
    Free Member

There is no evidence to support the claim that MM was slowing the pace down.

If this we’re true then VR would have lapped faster than JL after the incident. He didn’t

Rossi has finally cracked and he’s believing his own mind games

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a real shame some of us won’t get to see this live. Since it’s gone to BT I’ve not followed it.
    I’ll catch the race on ITV4 at 3am or something but sadly I think they’ve lost the plot on audience. I’ll record it, skim through the adverts to watch 20mins of the race, like most of us.

As is, Rossi is more than capable to ride through the field, flat chat Rossi can be a beautiful spectacle, the only problem I foresee is some stupid block passes handed out by MM/Pedrosa/JLo whilst all the other riders taking part part the waves to let Rossi through.

Should be one exciting race for sure.

Hope he doesn’t retire just yet.

br
    Free Member

It’s a real shame some of us won’t get to see this live. Since it’s gone to BT I’ve not followed it.
    I’ll catch the race on ITV4 at 3am or something but sadly I think they’ve lost the plot on audience. I’ll record it, skim through the adverts to watch 20mins of the race, like most of us.

Since all broadband providers are pretty much the same, just go with BT and you get the TV channels – it’s what I do.

Moe

Since all broadband providers are pretty much the same, just go with BT and you get the TV channels – it’s what I do.

Aren’t they going to charge next year?

epicyclo

The interesting thing is how Honda will react to this.

They’re a pretty unforgiving mob, so it wouldn’t surprise me if one of the Honda satellite riders with a reputation as a hard man doesn’t suddenly find himself the beneficiary of a “spare” 2015 works bike, and some verbal encouragement to do his “best”.

Now who do we know like that… ?

At the very least I predict 2 Hondas between Lorenzo and Rossi. 🙂

Meanwhile over ? million people are petitioning to get the penalty removed….

If this is so it could hit MotoGP in the pocket. Ethics v money? Mmmm…. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Should be one exciting race for sure.

Hmm one would hope so but no doubt it’ll be a huge anticlimax

Rossi will make his way up to fourth after an irritating mid-race battle with Ianonne or Dovisioso then be blocked by some unprofessional riding from Pedrosa while Marquez and Lorenzo clear off at the front

1. Lorenzo
    2. Marquez
    3. Pedrosa
    4. Rossi

Unless it rains of course 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2015’ is closed to new replies.