• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • weeksy

Very impressive debut

1. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 42.227s (Lap 25/31)
    2. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 42.266s (25/43)
    3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 42.300s (6/7)
    4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 42.417s (23/29)
    5. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 42.462s (4/34)
    6. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 42.513s (28/40)
    7. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing (GP13) 1m 43.073s (21/34)
    8. Aleix Espargaro ESP Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 43.109s (32/35)
    9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 43.180s (14/25)
    10. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Team (GP13) 1m 43.955s (4/36)
    11. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 1m 44.050s (9/12)
    12. Randy De Puniet FRA Suzuki Test Team (Suzuki) 1m 44.089s (23/24)
    13. Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing Project (Suter-BMW CRT)* 1m 44.477s (35/41)
    14. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (ART CRT) 1m 44.581s (28/2
    15. Claudio Corti ITA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 1m 44.996s (25/31)
    16. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 1m 45.155s (5/25)
    17. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART CRT)* 1m 45.249s (15/19)
    18. Yonny Hernandez COL Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) 1m 45.622s (5/19)
    19. Lukas Pesek CZE Came IodaRacing Project (Suter-BMW CRT)* 1m 47.379s (22/31)
    * Standard ECU.

MSP

2015 actually mate. Although they are testing it today apparently.

I thought that depending on the results of the tests planned for this week, they could be back next year, although the year after is more likely.

boblo
    Free Member

@weeksy. Where Dani and the other pipsqueak?

weeksy

Unknown Boblo sorry.. picked that up from a motorbike forum, not looked into the details/reports yet.

LoCo
    Free Member

Interesting Ducati times on the new chassis, RDP going quick too, waiting for the crash though 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

(Rossi’s Monster package is so big it bought out Lorenzo’s personal Rockstar contract and is bankrolling the team)”

Wow, is that true?! Madness.

Yep. Yamaha are buying Gorgeous George out of his contract with the money from Monster, who are paying so much theyre a major team co-sponsor.

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/23345/yamaha-buys-out-jorge-lorenzos-rockstar-contract-to-make-room-for-monster-energy

M1llh0use
    Free Member

so the Factory suzuki motogp bike isn’t quite as quick as a CRT with a standard ECU then.

they’re carrying on from where they left off!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, but what spec. engine are they using? maybe a CRT ish spec. to get chassis dialled in (don’t want to right off a high spec. engine first time out 😉 ) and RdP isn’t going to find the limit on a brand new chassis package straight away either.
    But yes the old suzuki was down on power but handled pretty well.

weeksy

LOL give them a chance lads… it’s going to require a little bit of work…. You don’t think Honda turn up with the quickest bike on the planet without anyone having ridden it before do you ?

rossi46
    Free Member

Suzuki WILL Return In 2015

Randy De Puniet official test rider

fingerbike
    Free Member

Might have just become a Honda factory battle.

Looks like Lorenzo has a broken collarbone. 🙁

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23084468

Pigface
    Free Member

Bugger that gives the midget a big advantage 🙁 if its a wet race it might help Rossi

Glad he could walk away from that

dlr

Crutchlow on the works bike? please…!

boblo
    Free Member

He’ll have it plated and be back rapido. Haga did this back in 2008, broke it one weekend had it plated and won a race the following weekend.

br
    Free Member

that was quick!

Pigface
    Free Member

Plated last night in Barcelona on way to Assen for qualifying, just insane 😯

How hard are these boys just incredible.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Fantastic qualifying by Crutchlow, hopefully the race will go just as well 😀

dlr

Absolutely epic lap!

onewheelgood

Awesome effort by Crutchlow, and not bad by Marquez, a few hours after this http://youtu.be/0xo_-QyIYYY (watch the slo-mo at the end).

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Good to see a Brit on pole again.

Interesting to note that Tom Sykes’ pole time for the WSB races earlier in the season was only 0.6 off Crutchlow’s time. Not sure how the relative track conditions were but it’s still impressive.

Also interesting was that in Moto2 the number of qualifiers within one second of pole was TWENTY ONE! That’s tight. 😮

5thElefant
    Free Member

Good to see a Brit on pole again.

Again?

You must be very old 😉

kendo954
    Free Member

Lorenzo passed fit to race TODAY

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I liked Crutchlow’s take on Lorenzo’s injury battle:

“I broke my collarbone at Silverstone in 2011, and when I came back here (two weeks later), I had a medical test of (push-ups). So if he passes it, he’s strong. Maybe he can do some meditation or something before and then go for it.”

“If he passes it, I’m sure he can ride. Riding the bike is probably easier than the (push ups). If he rides, he’s my hero!”

Apparently Lorenzo has passed the medical test this morning and will try and ride in the warm-up then be assessed again before the race……

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Again?

You must be very old

I am. 🙁

Mind you it was 2002, Philip Island. Jeremy McWilliams on the Proton Team KR 500cc 2-stroke.

In that season the 2-strokes were able to qualify well against the 4-strokes because their amazing corner speed let you do a faster lap on the more flowing circuits. Unfortunately, come the race, all the fours blasted past them on the way to the first corner, blocked them in the corners and left them behind on the straights.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Lorenzo has just done warm up.

Came in 8th but managed 10 laps and only 0.7 off the pace doing a 1:36.5 to Rossi’s 135.8.

MSP

Go Rossi!

Pigface
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant 😆 that has made me happy

Amazing result for Lorenzo

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

The Doctor’s back!
    Excellent racing in every class & top damage limitation from Lorrenzo

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Yeah I was beginning to wonder whether he’d lost his mojo.

Great to see that he hasn’t. 🙂

Pity Redding couldn’t pip Esparago but great race anyway.

Pigface
    Free Member

Where are the Rossi bashers then? 😆 that was a really dominant performance, if you take his comments after the race at face value he has unlocked the Yamaha potential.

80 wins on a big bike, that is incredible. Gotta love the tax dodging scamp.

The close miss between Marquez and Cal 😯 great to them laughing about it after though I don’t think Marquez knew anything about it.

Cal is a brilliant rider but I can’t warm to him.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

2 riders doesnt belong in the podium in assen and will be only just a journeymen.. no.46 is not one of them of course 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

I am.

Mind you it was 2002, Philip Island. Jeremy McWilliams on the Proton Team KR 500cc 2-stroke.

Completely forgot about jeza. I was thinking sheene!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Lorenzo is an absolute animal, I can’t praise him enough for that race, amazing stuff!

Buzzing to see Rossi on top. Nearly shit myself at the Cal/Marquez moment, can’t imagine how Cal didn’t!

rossi46
    Free Member

Yes i’m a week late for this one! Iv’e been in the Norfolk Broads with no internet or phone reception 🙄
    Just watched it back on the I Player- wow!
    Celebratory picture time:

Did i see a picture somewhere on the internet that shows Rossi getting his elbow down consistently? If he has managed to change his riding style even just a bit to be faster then it has worked, hopefully he has lifted the weight of expectation and can go win some more.

Also, what a heroic ride from Lorenzo- iv’e always been a bit of a fan and he has just showed his steel. I expect a Troy Bayliss Superman style set of leathers some time in the future. A real Superman!

Crutchlow will win one. It is coming.

Nearly shit myself at the Cal/Marquez moment, can’t imagine how Cal didn’t!

The Honey Badger must have left a fresh set of skids on the Marmite motorway! 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone see the picture of Rossi and Guy Martin on supermotos? Martin is on a TM, what was that all about?

I had the pleasure of riding a TM in an event a couple of years ago. Way to much bike for me but I beat my time on a special test the year previously by over a minute. Beautiful piece of kit, shame it grenaded itself at regular intervals and the power was way to off on for an Enduro bike for a piss poor mortal 😆

rossi46
    Free Member

Anyone see the picture of Rossi and Guy Martin on supermotos?

Awesome- i’d have loved to be there 😀

Muke
    Free Member

Pleased for Guy winning the Solo Championship title yesterday @ the Southern 100 but 🙁 RIP 3 riders this year.

Everyone up for the win at Germany this weekend then, should be good with Vale hopefully back in the mix and Lorenzo feeling a bit more comfortable.

Muke
    Free Member

😯 Bit of a crash fest so far in practice 🙁

fingerbike
    Free Member

Practice on today.

Cal has come off at the waterfall, in medical centre with suspected left arm injury, was holding his wrist.

Lorenzo, high sided onto his plated shoulder, 😯 has walked to medical centre for checks.

Really hope they are OK.

Muke
    Free Member

Ducati having a mare so far as well

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.