Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Moto G7 power..reality re purported shortcomings?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Keep thinking of buying one then get put off by various complaints some people have and wondered if any owners on here could clarify.
    1/
    Some say the call quality is poor when others seem happy.
    2/ many criticise the camera
    3/ It seems that it’ll only connect to WiFi at a max speed of around 30 Mbps…I pay for 100 so interested in this although I’m aware 30 is respectable.
    Any other comments ,shortcomings ,opinions much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Bill

Garry_Lager

No NFC mush. The non play or power G7 does, though.

kaiser
    Free Member

I thought the power didn’t have NFC…that was a complaint I’d also seen.

ampthill

My g6 play is a bit crap. Tends to hang every now and again. Camera is some times ok some times not. Wish I’d spent
    a bit more. Could just be me though

Garry_Lager

I thought the power didn’t have NFC…that was a complaint I’d also seen.

Sry, wasn’t clear – neither the G7 play nor the power have NFC. The regular G7 does, I bought one the other day for £180 on amazon. Doesn’t the power have a long battery life, a couple of days? That might be significant depending on how you use your phone.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Yup, I had to return my G7 power to Amazon for a refund the call quality was so poor.

After years of loving my G4 as it’s battery was struggling,Ive had to switch back whilst looking for
    a replacement…

I wouldn’t bother.

Edit:oh yeah and the Bluetooth interfered with the WiFi,

el_boufador

I’m typing this on my g7 power. No problems with call quality. Haven’t noticed any problems with WiFi speed. The long battery life is brilliant and outweighs the features of the other versions, for me. Easily getting 3 days with moderate use (browsing, calls, Spotify, not much streaming video)

blokeuptheroad

Also typing this on my G7 power. It’s great, no issues with call quality, the camera or anything else. Depends what you are comparing it to I suppose, I never buy flagship phones so I’m not a particularly sophisticated or demanding user. I don’t expect much from the camera. It takes decentish snaps and video, to my eye as good as any other phone I’ve used, which is good enough for me. The battery life is as you would expect, awesome. 2 and a half or 3 days with normal use. The android interface is clean and not too tarted up as you get with some phones. WiFi works fine for me, but I only have a 20mbs connection. It just works and does everything I want it to well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Moto G7 power..reality re purported shortcomings?’ is closed to new replies.