Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moto (G30) users – screen since 31/08 update
  • boombang
    Free Member

My Moto G30 updated on 31st August and I’ve noted a couple of changes – most noticeably the screen is a lot harder to see, especially text.

Looking next to my wife’s Moto which didn’t update my screen is lacking in contrast and sharpness. I have an old G6 which I keep as a spare and that looks noticeably better than the G30.

I know Motos are periodically recommended here so hoping others have the same phone – and perhaps same issue?

multi21
    Free Member

This?

[Updated] Motorola Moto G30 Android 12 update triggered color saturation, dark screen or brightness issue acknowledged (potential workaround)

(note read the full thing, it mentions the display looking like its been run through a filter as well as the colours being off)

peekay

Mine did an update about 3 weeks ago that made the text look bold, yet fuzzy edged, and everything looked a bit purple hued. Really annoying but within a couple of days I got used to it.

Then a few days later something else updated and it now looks ok again.

boombang
    Free Member

Thanks very much – it could indeed be that although I’ve been on Android 12 for some time and only the last update triggered this issue.

I’ve set the colours to warm and it is slightly better, although still not good.

This has been the most disappointing Moto phone I’ve had out of the three, shame as the first two were great until I ruined them.

boombang
    Free Member

@peekay that sounds like it – the text is grey purple and although bolder than before I can’t read it well. At first I thought my eyes had gone funny and was going to book an eye test.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.