Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Motivation to ride… help!
  • Pyro

Any words of wisdom from the STW hive mind greatly appreciated.

Really struggling to get any motivation to ride together recently. My normal system is that I kayak through the winter and ride more in summer, but this year I’ve been really struggling to get off my backside and onto the bike. I’m out of shape and I know it, and riding more would surely help with sorting that out and losing the extra poundage but… I just CBA. Don’t know why, and it’s bugging me.

Did my first road sportive, the Jennings Rivers Ride, a couple of months ago and while I only did a shorter loop (38 miler) I cruised through it without doing any work beforehand. I’ve got a bigger, scarier MTB event in mid September that I know I should train for, but so far, no dice.

Anyone got any good ideas/happy thoughts/tips that have helped them?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t think anything anyone can say will help – if you don’t want to ride then no amount of ‘get off your fat arse’ posts will help. If you really did want to ride then you would find the motivation.

ton

go touring for a week, in a nice quiet area of the uk, staying in yoho’s.

best riding ever……fact.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Having just got in from a 38 mile ride (it was only supposed to be a quick jaunt) I’m absolutely BUZZING. I saw some amazing scenery, loads of Hares, a buzzard a red kite and an osprey. I’m full of endorphins and feel on top of the world.

Just get off your arse and get on your bike. It will just fall into place once you start pedalling.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Same as the above.

Book some time out with you, maybe some mates and your bikes.

Go and have some fun. 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

What Bregante said.

I’ll add to that I’ve two friends this year, who courtesy of and accident and illness are unable now to ride their bikes even if they wanted to.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I think we’ve all been through this at some point.

Knowing you need to get out on the bike to train for an event can take the fun factor out of it. Cancel the event, have a weekend away somewhere nice and ride for fun.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Motivation to ride… help!’ is closed to new replies.