Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Motion sickness when riding single track
  • cinnamon_girl

Blimey. 😯

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned but I’d suggest speaking to a GP or possibly have some test done at an opticians, it sounds rather odd but I do know that a succession of fast berms that turn one way, then another, and so on can give you a milder version of that feeling you can get on roller coasters that move in the same way, not that I’m saying that’s a bad thing. 8)

The one thing that causes me to feel sick from motion sickness would be prolonged play on a ‘first person shoot em’ up’, especially some of the one’s of years gone by (like Red Faction for example) which have a fairly fast frame rate but dark graphics, not much lighting, combine that with long spells moving quickly through tight corridors and you got a recipe for a sick bag right there.

Although you say you look up ahead on the trail, maybe your line of sight is closer than you think it is because it seems that is one of the causes?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought it flowed quite well, just needs comitment to go into the berms fast enough to go all the way round without poping out of the top*.

I can’t help but think without some serious civil engineering those berms will be nicknamed the ponds next winter?

*think of those coin spinning charity boxes, not much speed needed to get round the top, but its going really quick if you go lower down, so speed is your friend, and counter intuitively the faster you go the tighter it gets.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepurist

IMO the way the extension joins the old unfinished bit of trail makes it pretty obvious that there’s going to be more work done. I’m all for it – it’s a good skills trail & makes it easy to session a variety of different types of corner, as long as its midweek of course.

BTW – anyone know what’s going on with the Labyrinth? Looks like they’ve cleared enough trees to stick a fire road width track into the junction area. My guesses were either to make it easier to get to casualties who’ve got it wrong on the jumps/berms, or as a precursor to some forestry clearance in that area.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Motion sickness when riding single track’ is closed to new replies.