Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Mothers Day
  • sillysilly
    Free Member

Out of interest. What do people with kids buy their wife / gf / partner on Mother’s Day?

Am hearing apparently flowers isn’t enough. Don’t know how to navigate the world as I get older these days 😂😂

dannybgoode

A shout out on Facebook…

dannybgoode

Actually this year the boy has bought (ie I have bought on his behalf) a couple of nice plants for the garden.

Not given them yet though so don’t know how they’ll go down…

Sandwich

A triffid and an Audrey?

cookeaa

My Missus likes ‘tatty devine’ and ‘Erstwilder’ overpriced novelty jewelry, so my girls (I) bought her the two cheapest Tatty Devine items on the websites. It’s easy and her collection is getting stupid now.

As they get older (the kids that is) it is expected that they each get (not just make) a card with a heartfelt message inside, also husbands are still expected to buy cards and flowers for their wives apparently, and minor points are scored if any pets buy a card and/or gift, despite lacking thumbs or money…

Breakfast in bed, which she actually gets most weekends, but with fancier ingredients, and at least a notional contribution of effort from the kids. One buttered some toast… Badly… Then demanded bacon for herself.

I’m not saying she’s high maintenance, but…

cinnamon_girl

Received a GCN subscription for the second year running. Best MD’s pressie ever.

cookeaa

Out of interest When is Father’s Day?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No idea but Steak and Blowjob Day was March 14th this year.

MoreCashThanDash

June in the UK

This year “we” have bought cream teas being sold as a fundraiser by the kids in the village going to the next World Scout Jamboree, and cards from a friend donating the proceeds to the Ukraine fund.

phil5556

I’m a shit son and have completely forgotten to get my mum anything this year.

Drac

I bought my mother flowers as she loves a bunch of flowers. The kids bought my wife pyjamas from them. Life isn’t complicated unless you make it so.

BigJohn

It’s pretty much all the other 364.

TiRed

I gave Mrs TiRed some pretty socks, some soap and BA.2. She’s feeling miserable. Since I’m feeling extra generous, I shall also fetch some ibuprofen (she’s allergic to paracetamol). Boys are both abroad, but one has called and the other sent a card.

I shall have a large gin later to remind me of my own mother and sister. I will also wear the Pandora flower bead I gave my mother for her last mothering Sunday.

wooksterbo

Forgetting it’s also mother’s day for the mother of your 2 year old son is not a good idea, that’s for sure 😳

reluctantjumper

Got mum the requisit bar of Bourneville chocolate, it’s her little treat. I go the bar, my sister goes for Black Magic. Keep things simple.

BigJohn

Reminding your other half that the true origin of Mothering Sunday is the Sunday that all those who have moved away should go back to their original i.e. mother church, and anyway “you’re not my mum” isn’t always received with the good humour expected.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

My 2 boys will be making dinner this evening. Or rather they’ll be squabbling and wrestling while I ensure they don’t set fire to the kitchen.

My mum got flowers and a nice chat with her favourite son.

maccruiskeen

the true origin of Mothering Sunday

Yes – today is ‘Mothering Sunday’. ‘Mothers Day’ is the second Sunday in May.

The story of Anna Jarvis and her successful efforts to create a celebration of mothers as ‘Mothers Day’… and then her unsuccessful efforts to destroy it is pretty interesting.

weeksy

I gave the boy £50 to take his out for lunch, then I went to Belgium.

Daffy

I tend to buy something which reminds them of their childhood. This time I bought my wife a Thundercats t-shirt from the kids. I bought my mum some LEGO flowers. My wife watched Thundercats with the kids this afternoon and the kids will “help” Grandma with her LEGO when they next see her.

squirrelking
    Free Member

If anyone reads Forest Fr1ends, that’s what my other half asked for (well, demanded to know when she was getting it).

Don’t even know if it was mentioned otherwise, none of us are big on mothers/fathers/secretarys/insert randomhallmarkcelebrationhere day and in any case I was in work as per usual and she was finishing a birthday cake.

Kryton57

It’s on my wife’s birthday this year, the kids are gonna be busy…

doomanic

My brother gave our mother covid this year…

funkmasterp

My daughter decorated a plate and my son had a wine glass made. I built bunk beds.

matt_outandabout

It’s up to the lads to do something for thier mum.
    Yesterday saw a nice houseplant, a box of maltesers, one hand made card and one shop card, plus we all gathered for a picnic at Edinburgh botanic gardens.

intheborders
    Free Member

Out of interest. What do people with kids buy their wife / gf / partner on Mother’s Day?

Nothing, he’s 24 y/o he can sort it out himself.

Or as it turned out, his OH went to the shop with him 🙂

bruneep

this did make me smile tho

johndoh
    Free Member

We did presents and pottered in the morning then mummy was meant to be taking one of our daughters to a showjumping competition she was competing in with granny whilst I started making a nice family dinner.

However grandad got into an argument with a lawnmower (which he lost) and mummy ended up taking grandad to Leeds General Infirmary for running repairs then took him back home.

I collected him again this morning to take him back to LGI for surgery to reconstruct as best they can the two fingers he partially lost.

😐

a11y

Wine and a cream tea left on my mum’s doorstep and a conversation at a safe distance due to them isolating. Wine always much more appreciated than flowers etc by my mum – hopefully not because of me and my sister…

Mini a11y’s made cards while I procured a nice plant and chocolates and arranged our visit to the safari park on their behalf 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Life isn’t complicated unless you make it so.

Wise words.

For my mum, a good natter. She’s not really that into “stuff” and values time spent with her far more. For my wife, the children are 23 and 18 so I don’t need to get involved there any more.

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Flowers and a personalised moonpig card with pictures that ive taken on my phone and she hasnt seen.

That is now tradition in our house, until the kids get big enough to cook her breakfast in bed, then that will be added to the gifts.

hels
    Free Member

Wow – you give your wife a present for Mothers Day? Is that because she cooks and cleans for you, or helps you take a bath? So much wrong!

johndoh
    Free Member

Wow – you give your wife a present for Mothers Day? Is that because she cooks and cleans for you, or helps you take a bath? So much wrong!

Assuming you are responding to dcwhite – they say that their kids are young (ie, not big enough to cook) so I assume that is why they buy for their wife…

mahalo

we (I) bought her a dressing gown and some perfume. the kids wrapped them up and made cards. i was in trouble for not buying a proper card from them.

its another bloody racket tho – we both have divorced/re-married parents so that’s 4 mothers.

4 mothers day card from us, 4 granny cards from the kids, plus a card each from us and the kids for wifes Nan = 10 f*cking cards, best part of £30! + 5 bunches of flowers! FML

Oh, i was also in trouble for not doing a FB post!! FFS why do other dads do this!? stiches us nonconformists right up!! solidarity brothers

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Assuming this was a reply to me, yeah i buy for my wife as my kids are 3yrs old and 9 months old, my 3 yr old helped me pick the flowers from the array available so he sort of had a hand in it.

They are presents which obviously i have bought but are from the kids

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Oh, i was also in trouble for not doing a FB post!! FFS why do other dads do this!? stiches us nonconformists right up!! solidarity brothers

I was in trouble as i did one for my own mum but not the wife, bearing in mind Mothers day isn’t the easiest day for me as my mum passed away when i was 20.

desperatebicycle

this did make me smile tho

?? not a clue

I got my mum a bar of chocolate.

My son’s mum got a Whatsapp message from him.

All was fine.

dirkpitt74

I got the Mrs a couple of CD’s (one from me & other from the Dogs……).
    Daughter (11yo) got her something (with her pocket money) from Harry Potter that she’d seen a while back.
    Went for a walk and treated her to a Wimpy for dinner – classy or what!!

Me & my Dad got my Mom some flowers and took them to the Crem and spent a quiet half hour with her in the sunshine.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.