Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • MOT this evening… what will my car fail on?
  • maccruiskeen

I took my old polo for an MOT years ago. I’d agreed to sell it to the friend and MOT it before I gave it to them. Went to pick it up

“everything OK with the Polo?”
    “sort of”
    then he reeled off a number of fails, and the things they had tried to do to rectify them, how that hadn’t worked so finally they’d had to replace the fuel pump and some other bits.

They totted up a bill for about £600. I was thinking “christ, was there not a point when you might have picked up the phone”

As I started getting my checkbook out, the guy hands me some keys

“those aren’t my keys”

“Oh the red polo. That ones fine, passed first time”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Blowing exhaust.

philconsequence
    Free Member

wide range of guesses…. big list of things i’m now worried about!

61k…. i’ve put 40k of those miles on it in the past 2 years, bought it with 21k on the clock, service history and MOTs to back up the mileage, old guy had kept it in a garage for years and only ever driven to the shops once a week, even paid for a skoda tech to come to his house for a yearly service 🙂

i however haven’t treated it so well!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Number Plate Light

Loose wing mirror glass (mine actually failed on that the other day, you’ll be pleased to hear).

maccruiskeen

Loose wing mirror glass (mine actually failed on that the other day, you’ll be pleased to hear).

careful how you pick it up, it’ll be hot!

Sui
    Free Member

Well, hows about you take said car for MOT it passes with an advisory on the drive shaft – then 200 meters down the road said drive shaft pulls itself out of the joint with no warning… 👿

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

perished tyre material is my guess.

philconsequence
    Free Member

careful how you pick it up, it’ll be hot!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it’ll be hot!

No it ****’ won’t 🙁 Broken.

New one arrived on Friday though. 😀

spooky_b329

Worn rubber on the brake spooky?

I think it actually went down as something along the lines of ‘brake pedal anti-slip provision worn’ or something to that effect. You could just see through to the metal on one corner, so spun it round so there is now fresh rubber on the edge.

Maybe its one of those things that can’t fail if it isn’t present…like my missing bump stops. One fell off, so I was forced to remove the other so it wouldn’t be failed. Took ages to get it off but the ride is much better now 🙂

br
    Free Member

I had a problem yesterday with my car, felt like a seized O/S front caliper. So whipped the wheel off and one of the pads had lost its retaining spring, plus well worn along with a well corroded/gouged disc. Nothing wrong with the caliper.

Got new discs and pads, O/S went on no probs. Took N/S wheel off, and again a well worn pad and a seized caliper… Bu99er. And can’t get one until Monday. Double bu99er.

Any ideas though for how to get a seized brake hose nut undone?

Drac

old guy had kept it in a garage for years and only ever driven to the shops once a week

21k in 2 years driving to the shops once a week, where did he live Alaska?

philconsequence
    Free Member

he did 21k in about 10 years, i’ve only owned it 2 years.

passed the MOT 😀

i’ll donate a tenner to macmillan cancer support though 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘MOT this evening… what will my car fail on?’ is closed to new replies.