Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Mosul- Iraq
  • crazy-legs

US wondering if it should invade Iraq

As usual, the Daily Mash is pretty spot on with it…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Kurdish forces have retaken Kirkuk. Possible the advance is stretched too thin. Maybe Baghdad will be that city that proves too far?..

Or perhaps they weren’t that interested in a city that they would struggle to hold so near Kurdish autonomous Iraq (if they even held it as claimed) preferring instead to concentrate their limited forces on the real prize – Baghdad, where there is a significant Sunni population ?

Iraqi Kurdish forces take Kirkuk as Isis sets its sights on Baghdad

The crisis in Iraq escalated rapidly on Thursday as Iraqi Kurdish forces took control of key military installations in the major oil city of Kirkuk and the Sunni jihadi group Isis revealed its intention to move on Baghdad….

‘Our final destination will be Baghdad, the decisive battle will be there,’ that’s what their leader of the militants group kept repeating.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

“The conditions under which ISIS has been able to seize control of major Iraqi cities is directly connected to the last Gulf conflict.”

Fwiw. Its directly conected to regional sunni loyalties, the confilct in Syria, Arab nationalism, the idea of creating an Islamic state, the ideology of holy war, the gulf wars, the house of Saud giving preference to American forces in 91, israeli conflict, the Soviet invasion of afganistan, the betrayal post WW1, the collapse of the ottomans, the reconquest of iberia, the iraqi supergun… and on and on and on! Its fueled by disenfranchised men from around the world and their mad ideological leaders. The idea that any one event caused this is ludicrous.

“why you might want to absolve those responsible for instigating the Iraq War.”

Hahaha!!!!! Nice try. Did I actually say that? Why indeed? I meerly pointed out a but of history further back than new labour.

“I dont know why that makes you laugh”

It just does… the handwringing alone is worthy. Its a black humour sort of laugh mind… its a real human tragedy all this religeon BS. All this over fairy stories, dubious morals and imagined ramblings. LOLZ!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The idea that any one event caused this is ludicrous.

You then go on to ask :

Did I actually say that?

Brilliant 🙂

BTW I’m not sure why you left out John Smith getting a heart attack, which allowed Tony Blair to become Labour leader, when you made a list of things that are “directly connected” with what’s happening in Iraq today.

Although I can see that doing so wouldn’t have served the purpose of deflecting responsibility of how fecked up Iraq is today away from the UK/US/West, which presumably is what you attempted to do with your rambling “history” lesson. I can’t see any other purpose for it.

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I think all religion is a crock or crap, but Islam is up there at the top.

Here you go fella. Genocides by their millions.
    Biggest one by far is the colonisation of the Americas by errrm, aah yes, Christians. Keep counting down through the list, Christian, Christian, Christian, Christian. Hope this helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genocides_by_death_toll

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Mosul- Iraq’ is closed to new replies.