Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Most expensive fuel?
  • RustySpanner

Regular diesel at £1.48.9 at Waterfoot in Rossendale this morning.

Can anyone beat that?

Harry_the_Spider

Cheeky buggers. £143.9 at Tesco near me.

ART

God yes, drove past an independent this am on the outskirts of Trowbridge £157.9 for diesel. Average round here now around the £147.9 mark.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure what the price is at the moment (Been out of the country for a bit) but I can assure you that the garage on Sloane Avenue will be the most expensive in the country. Always is.

Cougar

Compare UK Petrol & Diesel Prices

Highest in the UK is 150.9p for unleaded, 157.9p for diesel.

UK Petrol Prices for Wednesday 28th March 2012

Avg	Min	Max
    Unleaded	140.90p	134.9p	150.9p
    Diesel		147.10p	140.9p	157.9p
    Super Unleaded	147.95p	137.9p	159.9p
    Premium Diesel	155.33p	146.9p	164.9p
    LPG		 80.00p	 73.9p	 87.9p
    brassneck

Not sure what the price is at the moment (Been out of the country for a bit) but I can assure you that the garage on Sloane Avenue will be the most expensive in the country. Always is.

I reckon Deans Garage in Marlborough would give it a run for its money.

Black Amex only in general.

binners

Imagine that? Companies using a wholly manufactured ‘crisis’ as a cover to ramp prices up for a bit of good old fashioned profiteering?

Int capitalism brilliant!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I reckon Deans Garage in Marlborough

Is that place still doing the crazy prices?!
    There’s a place near cirencester that was doing 4 star replacement for over £2.00 a while back

Dibbs
    Free Member

I went for a ride on my KTM Duke 690 to sunny North Devon this morning, the fuel light came on on the way home so I stopped to fill up, it did cross my mind that there wasn’t a queue, £1.489!!! for unleaded. No prices on the forecourt, only on the pumps.
    The BWOC garage on the North Devon link road near South Molton.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Hey Dibbs, seems we share good taste as I had a Whyte 19 Ti and a KTM 690 SMC.

SNAP!

sbodle
    Free Member

As I run a garage including a forecourt the current situation is a complete pain in the arse. We have been working on non existent margins for about 5 years now which is why another 472 forecourts closed last year alone! During the last fuel strike there were about 16000 forecourts, currently there are about 8500. Why? Because there is no profit in it. The likes of Asda are selling for less than we purchase it at direct!!! There is a clear lack of a level playing field in the fuel industry. Therefore if forecourts can make a little profit (dirty word) at this time then why not? Also the Petrol prices .com website is quite often 2 to 3 days out of date on pricing so not always a usefull marker.

soobalias
    Free Member

my hardtail is fuelled by beer, thats £3 a pint so nigh on £6/L

maybe i will start drinking petrol again.

soobalias
    Free Member

in other news my FS is fueled by haribo and i buy that by the bag – so no useful comparison exists.

hth

khani
    Free Member

Did my weekly fill up this morning, had to queue for ten minutes, the old dear in front of me in a 2011 focus put £2:87p’s worth of diesel in..
    Bless… 😈

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon the cheapest motorway service station in the UK must be Cardiff Gate. Last time I filled it was only about 3p more than Asda.

yunki
    Free Member

you can’t get a good Witch cheap these days for love nor money..

the fire under my still is getting low and I reckon I stand to lose up to 30 gallons of ‘shine.. 🙁

xiphon
    Free Member

Is the Sloane Avenue garage one down the road from the Lambo London?

First petrol station to fill up their new supercars

MrNutt
    Free Member

I used to live opposite Deans Garage in Marlborough, he’s a terrible shite, it used to be the most expensive station in the country and as such the most expensive in Europe. I’d rather run out of fuel!

choron
    Free Member

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The seat tube is broken ^^^

nasher
    Free Member

My local garage..

€187 for diesel €2 for petrol…thats £1.85

stop moaning that you have the most expensive fuel in Europe….People here in Italy are really starting to suffer now..

tonyg2003

Nearly £2per litre in South Kensington and Chelsea the other week. But if you can live there…..

mboy
    Free Member

My local “fuel station” (the Calor Gas Centre) put their prices up from 68.9p a litre to 72p a litre a couple of weeks ago… 😥

I was really upset!

😉

TooTall
    Free Member

I have no idea – the morons have emptied my local petrol station. I am in the red and need fuel but can’t get any anywhere because of morons topping up. There isn’t even a strike! GRRRR.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Did we take cheap fuel for granted?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the morons have emptied my local petrol station

Not morons, just concerned upright citizens who have done their civic duties as suggested to them by their government.

TooTall
    Free Member

Not morons, just concerned upright citizens who have done their civic duties as suggested to them by their government.

Like I said….

trail_rat
    Free Member

never mind sbodle

some folk dont see that they get less mpg from supermarket fuels with its high biofuel content with its lower calorific value.

my van gets nearly 100 more miles per tank if i bypass the tesco and asda and pay the penny a litre premium for some shell fuel at the airport on the way to work

one day every 98pence in the pound will go into tescos pocket

Bazz

Clacket lane services (M25) was 153.9 yestrday for diesel. I had to put an order in for our fuel tank at work yesterday and the price on our system was £1.19 for diesel, probably out of date though.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Regular diesel at £1.48.9 at Waterfoot in Rossendale this morning.

Can anyone beat that?

£4.42 a litre, what do i win 😆

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-Sunoco-GT-PLUS

geologist
    Free Member

1 48.,9n is normal for me

dogbert
    Free Member

We’re 15 miles from a refinery, £1.39.9 a litre of unleaded…….petrol station near my work, 15 miles further away from the refinery, £1.36.9 a litre……..go figure

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

go figure

Distance from the refinery is not the deciding factor when setting forecourt fuel prices ?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Most expensive fuel?’ is closed to new replies.