Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Most exotic animal seen on a ride (otter content).
  • cinnamon_girl

TooTall – Member
    Alpaccas – several fields of them.
    Black roe deer
    Red kites
    Kingfisher
    Buffalo

Can I ask about the black roe deer? Are you certain they were roe?

Andy-R

A wallaby – well, I’ve seen several over the years. There’s quite a scutch of them living in the forestry around Ballaugh.

scaredypants

USA (calif):rattlesnake, tarantula – both basking (separately!) on the trail I was riding
    some giant scary eagley vulturey things that seemed to think I might turn into a meal at some point as they “followed me” for quite a while

UK: Once raced a badger down about 20m of trial
    passed within about 2ft of a pair of fighting deer on a nightride (didn’t even notice us)
    Ditch full of about a dozen squabbling wild(ish) piglets. Weird until we got close enough to see WTF it actually was

Saccades
    Free Member

All in (n wexford/s wicklow)

Red Kite, Buzzards, Deer, Hares, Grey Crows, red squirrels – pretty much every spin
    Common lizard, Stoat, Jay, Sparrowhawk, long tailed tits – just the once – oh and was once surrounded by a massive flock of redwings and fieldfares.
    Badgers – only dead.

Oh and wallabies once in the peak district but that was when I was a scout on a hike, dunno if they are still there.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Llamma’s and Emu’s – this was on a road ride 10 miles south of Birmingham city centre

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Basking Shark whilst riding on a lovely singletrack on the E coast of Arran, it was about 10m off shore and easily visible in the clear water. It swam along side us for a fair while. Guessing it was about 5m long.

ski
    Free Member

pistonbroke – Member

Basking Shark whilst riding on a lovely singletrack on the E coast of Arran, it was about 10m off shore and easily visible in the clear water. It swam along side us for a fair while. Guessing it was about 5m long.

Now that would be cool to see

Still waiting to spot a wild Bore in the FOD 😉

Bregante

I saw a pair of Golden Eagles in the Neige Catalans area of the Pyrenees a few years ago. They were only about 20 or 30 feet away, flying along side us for about a minute. Made it pretty hard to concentrate on where we were going.

Android
    Free Member

I saw a lovely girl in a bikini riding along the SDW once if that counts 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

chased a kangaroo down the singletrack near Castlemaine, VIC

Run over an Eastern Brown snake too (very poisonous), flicked it up with my front wheel, luckily it didn’t cling onto anything…

Chased badgers and owls many times back here in blighty.

vdubber67
    Free Member

A troop of baboons. (Tokai Forest, Cape Town)

🙂

pastcaring
    Free Member

black bears in whistler, far to close for comfort
    black bears, ground hog, wild turkey, in vernon new jersey
    osprey, marmots, in morzine ish

uk

kingfisher,
    green wood pecker (wednesday)
    adder
    white squirrel
    water vole
    suicidal rabbits 😯

PJM1974
    Free Member

A wallaby, bearing in mind that this was in Essex… Apparently there’s a small community of them thriving in the wild having escaped from a zoo. Althouhg I had been drinking the night before I have another witness to.

Also there’s the obligatory white hart, stoats, weasels, llamas and a very tame looking badger who seemed utterly perplexed as to what I was doing on a bike at that time of day.

Andy

Had a badger run alongside me for 20ft. he was trying to get past, I was trying to sprint away. 😡 They do grunt!

The night turned orange with white spots whena Fallow stag jumped across a gulley I was descending at speed, seemingly millemetres from my handle bars 😯

Watched a barn owl hunting over a field on the way home from work, and then saw its mate freshly hit on the road 😥

A pair of Eagles on Skye was pretty spectacular last summer.

Borrowed a hire bike in Vic falls to ride along the river. Got there and was advised by a nervous ranger to go back to Vic Falls as two lionesses had come out of the bush early to hunt. Didn’t see the lionesses but rode through a troop of baboons, past some elephants and would have overtaken Chris Hoy, had he been there, to get back to the Town.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Two stags and a fox on last night’s Quantocks ride, there used to be camels in a paddock on the route of my commute and an ostrich farm a couple of miles from here.

forgotmename
    Free Member

I saw a family of wild boar, mum dad 1 adolescent and about 7 piglets, off of the back of les houches on my way to st gervais, it was amazing they didnt see me for about 10 seconds then they all just took off (not in to the air) into some bushes, big bushes, and they went through them like they werent there. Also seen bears around whistler and squalmish but you sort of expect them there, the wild boars were a total suprise and something i will always remember. Saw a stoat on thursday morning, which was nice.

loddrik
    Free Member

Roadies, most **** peculiar things I have ever seen…!

bananaworld
    Free Member

I saw a squirrel.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Saw a couple of Hares boxing in a field on my commute to work the other morning, also nearly crashed into one on the road bike this evening as it ran across the road in front of me.

twohats
    Free Member

Moose here in Sweden.
    Nothing can prepare you for how big these feckers are when they decide to meander out of the woods and cross in front of you…

nacho
    Free Member

Coule of coyotes in the San Diego hills. A deer jumped out of a hedge and missed me by inches, frightened the life out of me.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Badgers, deer around Brizzle
    Boar in the FoD
    **** massive goanna (lace monitor) in Ourimbah, N of Sydney. Like a bloody dinosaur it was!

colnagokid

Saw a mouse eating a banana while I was walking the dog yesterday- looked at us and carried on munching

Northwind

Never did catch up with them but we saw the tracks of some heffalumps and woozles one time at Glentress.

mrplow
    Free Member

Black adder on Ben Lomond last year.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Most exotic animal seen on a ride (otter content).’ is closed to new replies.