Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Most boringest thread of the day – fridge freezer comparison site?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Looking for a new fridge freezer and emphasis is on the one with the best interior space (especially in the freezer) so can anyone recommend a site that lists interior sizes etc of all the main ones to consider?

Thank you and sorry.

singletracked
    Free Member

Fridge / Freezer comparisons are dead easy. The main difference is that freezers tend to be a lot colder.

Drac

Buy the most expensive you can afford and then post on here asking you’re ‘mad’.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

The best one i….zzzzzzzzz

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Don’t buy a Beko, my old landlord replaced our broken fridge with one, then it broke and was replaced 3 more times under warranty in 9 months. I moved and I expect the fridge saga is still going on. Load of crap. I think they’re a budget brand and certainly don’t like keeping food frozen or chilled.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Budget?

singletracked
    Free Member

Beko! because Beko.

billytinkle
    Free Member

I really rate ‘appliances online’ – great site, easy to use, lots of choice, cheap, can compare all you like after filtering down the options to suit your needs.

Used them twice in the past and can say that they have the best delivery service I have ever come across. Worth a look-see.

matth75
    Free Member

Join Which? online for a pound & get all the info you need, I just did the same for our new dishwasher. After you have your info you can cancel the membership if you don’t want to continue.

singletracked
    Free Member

Which is good, but How do you choose the best consumer guide?

m1kea
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Buy the most expensive you can afford and then post on here asking if you’re ‘mad’.

You rang? 😉 😛

Liebherr are very well regarded if you have the pennies. – They tickle me for doing fridges at one end of the spectrum and then f off big dock cranes and mining equipment at t’other.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t have a budget – just want the biggest and most suitable fridge that will work in our limited space (only have room for a 60cm fridge freezer and nowhere else to site a chest freezer).

johndoh
    Free Member

Liebherr are very well regarded if you have the pennies. – They tickle me for doing fridges at one end of the spectrum and then f off big dock cranes and mining equipment at t’other.

Have you seen what else Samsung make!….

georgecats_0
    Free Member

We’ve had several beko appliances over the years including friges and freezers, and I think they are good vfm- maybe we’ve been lucky? Anyway just bought a beko fridge freezer,I think it’s a 5015, we bought this particular model because its more or less a 50/50 split,but it measures 55 wide by 1800 high I think,ours came from comet,who have obviously gone now,but try currys, white ones are often cheaper by the way

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just don’t go for a Smeg.

Can’t fault the Bosch one we’ve got. If you’ve got a specific size space it needs to go into then to be honest you’re really not going to get a huge amount of difference in size.

pingu66
    Free Member

I bought a Samsung, looks great, Doris loves it and a 5 year warranty on the model I got.

stumpy01

We recently bought a Beko freezer for the garage as it’s one of the only brands that guarantees their products to work in -15 deg. C, so good for outbuilding/garages.
    Until looking into it, I knew they didn’t work as efficiently in cold locations, but didn’t realise that most aren’t guaranteed for it; even chest freezers.

Doesn’t really answer your question, really…

with regard to size, aren’t most of them rated as X cubic feet? But in reality, I think that drawer shape & implementation of the space has more bearing than outright volume.

m1kea
    Free Member

johndoh
    Have you seen what else Samsung make!….

True but then what DON’T Samsung make? 😆

For no good reason other than we were there, I poked about in the white goods section of a John Lewis last week and quite a few of the fridge freezers had smooth rolling drawer slides, which I thought was a nice design feature, and kept me amused for a minute or two :roll:.

I also quite liked the look of this Panny as well though obviously that’s not cheap.

bearnecessities

I also quite liked the look of this Panny as well though obviously that’s not cheap

Who wrote that John Lewis ad!?

But that’s not all: this compartment also employs two flashing LED lights that mimic the sun

And its not just fruit and vegetables that are cared for in this Panasonic fridge-freezer!

the exterior of the Panasonic NR-B32FW2-WB fridge-freezer embodies the impressiveness of the technology within.

andermt
    Free Member

If you live near Swindon go to the John Lewis Outlet.

Got a really good deal on a Bosch one last year, few dents on the front but then the kids magnets cover those, but was otherwise in perfect condition and un-used (some are returns or ex-floor display), it was additionally discounted as it “had been there a few weeks”.

johndoh
    Free Member

to be honest you’re really not going to get a huge amount of difference in size.

But I am looking for the one that has the best ratio between fridge and freezer, is the tallest and has the thinnest sides (this can increase interior size considerably).

billytinkle
    Free Member

Have you looked at “appliances online dot co dot uk” yet? Does everything you need to pick one out.

johndoh
    Free Member

Tried that but it doesn’t seem to be giving much help without clicking into each product and reading the details – I would like one that has filters I can set (like the Auto Trader site for example) so it returns the ones that meet my criteria.

billytinkle
    Free Member

I don’t follow? Maybe a little work, but you can filter them down to the 128 60cm fridge freezers and compare 3 at a time side by side? Will take about 15 mins to get a short list together.

johndoh
    Free Member

You’re right – thanks for that.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Most boringest thread of the day – fridge freezer comparison site?’ is closed to new replies.