Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Moshing!!!!!!
  • billyboy
    Free Member

I’m sober(I was driving)but I’m happy and I’m bopping away to The Black Keys and someone lamms straight into the back of us and after I have recovered I look round and there’s loads of prats flying into each other and bouncing off into the rest of us. WTF

I’m told it’s “Moshing”

Why the F is this a good thing?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

you sound like you were given a ticket by mistake and you were expecting Lady Gaga/beyonce with seats and lasers or something………

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

*screams*
    “WALL OF DEEAAATTTTHHH”

There is a time and a place, though. Inappropriate moshing is just infuriating.

mikey74
    Free Member

Moshing to the Black Keys? You’ve got to be kidding: I’ve done it hundreds of times to metal bands but not to anything as lame as that.

It is an incredibly fun and cathartic thing, but has to be done in the right environment.

marc
    Free Member

Go check out New Model Army live.

Wear your best shoes.

2hottie
    Free Member

They did it at the Muse gig in Manchester back in September. It looked painful to say the least but there did appear to be rules?!

tollah
    Free Member

There will be some serious moshing going on at the wobble this weekend. Fingers crossed phatfrontstu won’t stage dive this year and do some internal injuries, I’m not so sure I can take that much laughter right now!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KG9dTWOTY[/video]
    🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

SLAYERRRRRRRRR \m/ \m/

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

bring me the horizon wall of death lol

yunki
    Free Member

don’t actually do this… the guy is joking.. the last person that was actually foolhardy enough to attempt this feat died of boredom

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

The Black Keys?

You make it sound like a Municipal Waste/Lamb of God/ Infa Riot triple header!

:p

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OP, did you have a car crash?

😕

tazzymtb

extreme noise terror was always a jolly mosh as was obituary and napalm death. Slayer megadeth testament suicidal tendencies DRI etc was always fun but not as painful 😀 You young nippers would know a decent mosh if it spat in your pint.

tollah
    Free Member

WAR ENSEMBLE…………………

donks
    Free Member

don’t actually do this… the guy is joking.. the last person that was actually foolhardy enough to attempt this feat died of boredom

Never a truer statement….the only thing to beat this would be a NMA sisters of mercy double bill.

tazzymtb

ooooo I forgot to add, early 90’s sepultura where mental for a mosh……….then they went poooooo 🙁

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

QUOTE: tazzymtb – Member
    ooooo I forgot to add, early 90’s sepultura where mental for a mosh……….then they went poooooo
    UNQUOTE.

Arise/Chaos AD era was so good, pity they went downhilll later.

tazzymtb

early NMA live = clogged to pieces to vengence. Proper militia were a wee bit tribal

early sisters live= jangled to death by bangles (goths couldn’t fight or mosh it would spoil their make up)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

My mate’s next door neighbour is one of the original militia, song dedicated to him and named in the sleeve notes, attended something ridiculous like over 500 gigs.

He now runs a dog grooming parlour and goes carp fishing. Seriously!

ourmaninthenorth

Black Keys – ace band. Loved them since Thickfreakness.

But, are you honestly telling me that you’ve never heard of moshing? Really? How is that possible?

gothandy

That takes me back!

Northwind

I had 3 weeks off the bike earlier this year after breaking 2 ribs at a Fear Factory gig. I’m getting too old for this s**t :mrgreen:

Good moshpits are brilliant. Bad ones can be really really bad. All part of life’s beautiful tapestry. Best of all is when a bad one goes good- seen this a few times recently, it’ll be stupid kids mainly but with no idea how to conduct themselves, taking out innocent bystanders, falling over and taking the whole pit down, throwing aimed punches and the like… Then some elder statesman, 6 foot 6 of muscle, lard and sweat wrapped in an ancient Anthrax t-shirt arrives and unleashes the fury with the benefit of 20 years of experience and scatters the newbs like chaff. Lovely.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wtf? Moshing at Muse thats comical.

Northwind

I’ve been in some brilliant pits at Muse gigs. Not so much lately though.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

[quoteThen some elder statesman, 6 foot 6 of muscle, lard and sweat wrapped in an ancient Anthrax t-shirt arrives and unleashes the fury with the benefit of 20 years of experience and scatters the newbs like chaff. Lovely.[/quote]
    Brilliant!

philconsequence
    Free Member

commanding a wall of death from the stage is one of the most satisfying things you can do as a frontman…. better than seeing your first CD in hmv etc etc

*drifts off to favourite memory*

wwaswas

Went to Avenged Sevenfold with Stone Sour on Sunday with my son and a couple of his mates – I am older than their combined ages :-(.

Was quite tempted to jump off the balcony and join in the moshing but I thought it might set a bad example.

Last time I went to a gig with that much jumping it was called pogoing and you had to watch out for large skinheads taking a run up from the back of the hall and seeing how many people they could bring down when they launched themselves across the top of the crowd.

The crowd surfing all seemed a bit tame – everyone politely pushed them to the front so the bouncers could hoik them out. There was none of the ‘quick get out the way’ and watch them fall to the floor stuff I remember.

rOcKeTdOg

the most violent gig i went to was amazingly Electric 6 and things got out of hand during “gay bar” i tell no lie, walll of death and an ensuing circle pit all while Dick Valentine stood motionless on stage, great gig riuned by over zealous bouncers ejecting the moshers

i got told to stand at the back at a “the fight” gig for being too “enthusiastic” lol

i know a guy who regularly moshes and he uses two crutches all the time (he does hand them to someone before diving in though)

rOcKeTdOg

Then some elder statesman, 6 foot 6 of muscle, lard and sweat wrapped in an ancient Anthrax t-shirt arrives and unleashes the fury with the benefit of 20 years of experience and scatters the newbs like chaff. Lovely

😀 class!

VanHalen

damn – its been too long since i’ve been in a proper pit.

biohazard/sick of it all gigs were always fun although the ice t/bodycount gig i went to was pretty brutal.

extreme noise terror! now that takes me back… happy days

_tom_
    Free Member

Pointless, I just don’t get it. I’m there to hear music not fight 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Too posh to mosh!

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

I can’t believe he aint heard of moshing.

I was at the mother of all moshes….

1988 Monsters of Rock, Castle Donnington (from Wikipedia)

“This was the year two music fans were accidentally crushed to death during Guns N’ Roses performance of “It’s So Easy.” The tragedy was initially blamed on crowd disturbances: in reality it was a fateful combination of people at the front of the 107,000 strong audience moshing and slipping in the mud (it had rained heavily) in conjunction with a sudden surge to see the band.”

They don’t mention the withering salvos of plastic bottles filled with piss, crap, mud etc.

messiah
    Free Member

Motorhead on Monday night brought it all home for me. Nothing better than bouncing about and showing your appreciation. A few youngsters got a bit punchy and messy but the older rockers kept it together… brilliant fun, as it was 28 years ago when I first saw them.

O
    Free Member

Wtf? Moshing at Muse thats comical.

Not at all. I think you’ll find that they’re desperate to escape the prog nightmare and are actually fighting to get out.

Most enthusiastic mosh I’ve witnessed was Converge/Hope Conspiracy in CBGBs. I didn’t get too involved, NY hardcore had too much punching for me.

Northwind

_tom_ – Member

“Pointless, I just don’t get it. I’m there to hear music not fight”

It’s not fighting. Well, not usually. It’s more like a rugby scrum, or some other contact sport. There’s no rules but still most people abide by them.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ah, Happy days!

Pantera were always good for some mentalist bouncing about, but the best Was Metallica at MK Bowl for their ‘black’ tour although, I’d struggle to separate that and Iron Maiden at the Monsters of Rock.

scruzer
    Free Member

All you New Model Army, SOM or other similar 80’s outfits may remember the chicken dance… What about travelling crews…. Tazzymtb and gravety-slayer mention the Militia… (500 gigs is good going by the way) who has them these days? So glad i was groing up in the eighties!

gothandy

Remember the Militia turning up at Levellers and even Field of the Nephilim gigs.

But favourite moshing used to be too stuff like 1000 homo djs and ministry at Edwards no. 8 in brum.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Moshing!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.