Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • morzine/les gets camping
  • benjag
    Free Member

recommend me a campsite in the area, needs to have facilities for nippers under 10.

mildred

There’s a campsite just out of Morzine, in Montriond by the river Dranse.

I can’t recall the name of it but if you’ve ever done the Passportes the route goes right past it.

To get to it on bike or foot from Morzine you go down the Route du palais des sports, past the open air swimming pool and stay on this path keeping the river to your left. You’ll go past a petting zoo, a fitness trail and a nature trail. The path then goes across a more open grassy area and then onto an unmade road. The campsite is on your left just after an old wood yard.

To get to it by car from Morzine, follow the Route des Bois Venants, through the small Montriond shopping area, until you get to a small junction – turn left, almost back on yourself and the campsite is on the right just after some football 5 a side pitches, and just before the old woodyard.

Its very quiet, tucked away, and basic. However, with the petting zoo etc its also quite good for kids. 20 mins walk to Morzine centre and the Champion Super market, or 5 mins into Montriond shops and bars.

slowmedown
    Free Member

IMO the one in Les Gets is much nicer than the one in Montriond, Is up on the hill (Mt Chery side) excellent facilities, including outside ‘dirtybiker in all the muddy gear’ hot shower, a drying room and I think a kids play area. To cap it all the view of Mt Blanc lit up by the sunset is amazing…

…and its possible to ride (dh) in and out!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benjag
    Free Member

Never been, found the Les gets one and it looks very nice, no booking is a bit of a problem though as I don’t want to turn up after a 800 mile drive to find it full (first week in Aug), the missus and kids won’t find that funny! Also found one not far from Morzine, Les Marmottes I think, bottom of the valley but can be booked

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘morzine/les gets camping’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts