• This topic has 46 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by phil56.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Morzine summer 22, meetups and rides.
  • Premier Icon tuboflard

I think there is a way over to Samoens from the very top of the Les Gets bike park lifts but I didn’t find it.

I think from the top of Nauchets head up the road to the top of Rainfolly chair, from there I think (don’t quote me) there’s a trail to the Col de Joux Plane and it’s down the road from there, though there may be other trails to ride. Of course you’ve then got to get back somehow…

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

I take it the return route is D907 and D902 to come in to the centre of Les Gets?
    20km and 500m climb according to google.

Or is there a better way?

Premier Icon SOAP
    Free Member

We got a week in Morzine and a week in Les Arcs starting this saturday.
    Bit excited 🙂

Premier Icon 2tyred

From Les Gets to Samoens you want la Bourgeoise.

Head for the big cross overlooking the Giffre valley then head down to your right. Worth a bit of research beforehand as it’s not obvious all the way.

It’s flippin glorious. Long way back up though if you’re on a big heavy bike!

Premier Icon igm

It’s flippin glorious. Long way back up though if you’re on a big heavy bike!

I’m sure if you take an ‘e’ you’ll be sorted.

Premier Icon Ambrose

I’m back there 11- 28 Aug. Dreading the Bank Holiday Channel crossing on the return leg but have paid for ‘priority boaeding’ or somesuch. Watch this space.

I’ve lost count of the number of times we’ve visited but I’ve never ridden the Pleney in full. Probably ridden all of it bit by bit over the years with the exception of that God-awful drop. TBH, it doesn’t really appeal.

Booked a chalet with AirBnB in Les Gets- at the same time as the DH World Champs which sould be a fun thing to watch. Hopefully the event won’t interfere too much with our riding. I really don’t wan’t those youngsters holding me up on the trails…

Anyone out there at the same time fancy a meet up and a show around. We’ve done it a couple of times before and its worked well in a very disorganised, flexible way.

Whatever happens, say ‘Hello’ to the bloke in the Hawaian shirt.

Premier Icon phil56

I’m just back from a week riding mainly in Les Gets, Morzine and Chatel.

We had a fantastic time and got to ride in the dry and the wet – it’s very different!

Not sure there’s much to add that hasn’t been covered?

The descent into Samoens is pretty awesome but you do need to plan how to get back – there are a couple of firms that offer a shuttle pick up

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.