Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Morzine off-piste
  • 16stonepig
    Free Member

Heading off to Morzine next weekend. Does anyone know the status of the trails under the Super M lift? In bounds/out of bounds at the moment?

raincloud
    Free Member

Going by last year when I ignored the large amount of trees / brush around “entrance” and the fact I came across barb wire over trail I would say probably still off limits.

To be fair they were never really allowed and I’m sure the owners of the gardens at least two of them turn out into were not best pleased.

Of course if I was out there now I’d probably give it a go😉

If you want to scare yourself silly just pop off to the right on the way to les gets from top of pleney just before you get to the first tarmac road. The KOM on the strava segment is just over three mins. If you get down in under 20 you are significantly more skilled than I.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Shame that. My memory of them (from about 5 years ago) is that they were loamy and techy and steep enough that it was actually hard to get silly fast.

earl_brutus

was there last week and didn’t see anyone going down under the S Morzine lift but you cold see bits of the trail you refer to. Surprised at how much all the red/blue trails are are just berms  and table tops everywhere. got quite boring so we went to Samoens for the natural walkers path type stuff which were mega.

BoardinBob

Main black line under the Super M lift is pretty wrecked nowadays. I used to love it but I don’t bother anymore as it’s so destroyed. I usually get the road down from the car park next to the Zore lift then jump into the Super M Black half way down as the bottom half is still great.

The other off piste stuff is apparently a big no-no nowadays. A couple of years back someone was putting down planks with nails to discourage folk.

If you don’t want to take the road or lift down, you can head along to Avoriaz and do a mad fire road descent down to Prodains. Gets bonkers fast

https://www.strava.com/segments/6280079

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They are there, there is a lot of signage not to ride the top sections, but if you follow the fire road descent there are multiple other lines to ride (that don’t have nails in the roots & barbed wire).

There is a lot more choice off the Pleney with less barbed wire to maim yourself on 🙂

ayjaydoubleyou

Main black line under the Super M lift is pretty wrecked nowadays

just to ask for clarification – is this one still OK to ride? just watched a video of it and it seems to end on a street, not a private garden. I’d much prefer even a non-flowy blown out track to a road descent. Last year did the rocky double track down to the low end of town every time.

Don’t want to upset the locals, nor ruin a pair of expensive tyres on a nail trap

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #222222; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 22.4px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>just to ask for clarification – is this one still OK to ride?</span>

It’s still there, I didn’t bother with it, mainly because the whole of the PDS is scorched dry & that trail remains to be a mud slide in the woods.

Just go down the fire road and ride one of the other multiple lines a few corners in 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s the old ppds route down too. From the avoriaz ridge down to the switchbacks between morzine and montriond. Bit more footpathy and very rooty. One of my favourites

citybs13
    Free Member

Was in Morzine last week , the trail that runs under the super Morzine ski lift is rideable very rooty, very steep some big gully’s but worth a go , you can see the trail start behind the first cabin on the right as you get off the lift, found some steep stuff of the Pleney to les gets blue ( like rain cloud said) first one is off the tarmac just before you go back into the trail on your right then two more just on your right then one just as you get to the end of that section that you have to go back on yourself ( grassed over) they are steep but loads in that wood, looked like it was all being rode didn’t have any problems with being told we couldn’t ride there

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Morzine off-piste’ is closed to new replies.