Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Morzine, Les Gets conditions for cycling?
  • oldnpastit

Les Gets/Morzine experts – help me please!

I’m going to be in Les Gets next week skiiing with the munchkins. Have I got any chance of going for a ride on an MTB (or even a road bike) or is the whole place blanketed in snow?

creaser
    Free Member

my mate got back yesterday, not spoke to him but from his facebook pics the valley lowers are all green

makkag
    Free Member

http://www.lesgets.com/outils/webcams.html

snow at the tops but dont know how log its been there , Id imagine you could do some road though ,

jambalaya
    Free Member

They had fresh snow down to the village a couple of weeks ago. The roads will be clear although possibly a little dicy.

steveh

Some of my friends are there at the moment posting pics of riding the berms at the bottom of mont chery. Push up only though.

oldnpastit

Pushing up is fine. That’s what I did last year, but a week or so later and with the worst snow in living memory.

igm

I was in Les Gets last week. Road bike would be fine – in fact the locals are already riding up from Taninges after work. The Mont Chery black is snow free, but otherwise there is still snow on the downhill stuff – also no bike racks on the lifts yet. Cross-country? Take your snow tyres.

oldnpastit

Thanks. Road bike sounds like a good plan then.

oldnpastit

Bit too snowy for mountain biking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Morzine, Les Gets conditions for cycling?’ is closed to new replies.