Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Morzine in Mid June 2012 – Trail/Lift Openings
  • lordy
    Free Member

Hi All,
    sorry if this has been done already but couldnt find anything…

Some friends and I are looking to go to Morzine in June the week of the 18th, however from what I can find it looks as if only a few of the lifts are open (Telecabine du Pleney,Crusaz Chairlift,Chavannes Chairlift ).

So my question is: will there be enough there to keep us busy entertained (will be riding DH) or are we better off delaying a couple of weeks until the whole lift system is open?

Thanks!

nickf
    Free Member

Probably delay by a week or so, unless you’ve never been before and are happy sessioning the Pleney and the surrounding area. That said, there’s many people who only do this and are perfectly happy.

steveh

Much better to delay for a couple of weeks. While there are enough trails in that area to ride for a week and keep you entertained they are very battered, overused and even by PDS standards full of braking bumps. If you wait until you can get over to Switzerland on the full lift system you’ll have access to many more and better trails.

makkag
    Free Member

what he said – first week of opening i guess you are getting a deal with A E or something and its just the local lifts , TBH how many trails do you want to ride ?? , There are plenty of cheeky trails as well as the signposted ones on les gets side that are entertaining as well !

I went last year for first time in the same week and there was plenty enough for me .. but have booked for july this year as want a wider variety and want to do the ppds course – well try !

That said you can guess by the above im not a full on DH guy

Ambrose

I’d wait for the whole system to open.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Morzine in Mid June 2012 – Trail/Lift Openings’ is closed to new replies.