Morzine GPX/Strava routes please

Home Forum Bike Forum Morzine GPX/Strava routes please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Morzine GPX/Strava routes please
  • SOAP

Off to Morzine for the first time in 2weeks and would like some off piste routes so we can avoid a whole week of smashing through braking bumps.
    If you have been this season and be kind enough to share your GPX/strava link that would be cool.
    Will be 2 couples going so full on mental hike/bike double black routes will have to wait till next time.
    Cheers

oldtalent

Ha you will probably get a load of road or ‘gravel’ ride suggestions asking on here.
    Have a free bump anyway.
    Personally I have booked some guided rides when Im out in 2 weeks time.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

The Les Gets XC loop (black on the map, but it’s not black as in 1 level harder than red).

Mont Chery ridge down to Mont Caly and the restaurant whose name escapes me (but is highly recommended for food and views), then back round the back of Mont Chery.

To get to/from Les Gets…
    Up Pleney lift and follow Liaison Les Gets is nice run through the woods.
    Then follow the PdS burgundy MTB XC signs for the path to get back to Morzine instead of going on the road.

Don’t have gpx files handy right now though, but both are on pdf maps for the ski/mtb area.

MTB-Idle

I have loads (of Strava files) but I tend to follow the standard routes, I don’t go off-piste much apart from travelling from bike park to bike park so not really that much point in sharing.

Heading over into Swizzerland and doing something around GR8 is good fun though

https://www.relive.cc/view/1069303220

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

The off piste stuff in the main biking areas is generally harder and steeper than the on piste. There’s some nice xc orientated routes which are waymarked and on the map (some described by andy above). Also there’s some bigger trips we’ve been discussing on here recently, col de cou, samoens, Jenkins. Finally a nice scenic loop is the PdS tour. The whole thing is doable in a day if you are fairly fit and the weather is ok. There’s a nice shortcut from the top of mossettes into morgins which cuts out a lot of climbing.

Subscriber

Top of Mossettes, loop round, hang a left, past the lake and a remote mountain hut, and follow the way back down in to the Lindarets valley is one of my favourites. Not massively technical (I did it on hardtail). Then after lunch in Lindarets valley, drop down thru goat village, follow the signed route back to Morzine via Lac Montriond, and back in to town along the river.
    A ride that is 90% downhill, and not gnar core.

MTB-Idle

Top of Mossettes, loop round, hang a left, past the lake and a remote mountain hut, and follow the way back down in to the Lindarets valley is one of my favourites. Not massively technical (I did it on hardtail).

That is the route we took on my link above

Subscriber

Yeah that Mossettes to Morzine via Lindarets/Goat Village one is a link that would be done on several “loops”.

For “off piste” my assumption was that meant off the beaten track, ie away from all the stormtroopers in baggy pyjamas getting sick air. But lots of the “XC” stuff will be pretty popular too. And some you won’t meet a single other person.

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

The ride that was in mag 91 via Col de cou is a nice run round. That final descent into montriond – god knows who can ride that but not me !

Ambrose

I have a whole load of GPX files if anyone wants. email me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.