Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • morzine- good quality food- where to eat?
  • hora
    Free Member

Not fried but decent and not overpriced?

Or is it like a French-Blackpool? 😮

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Take your own food and cook at the campsite! The French are good for bread and cheese though……

BoardinBob

I liked Le Tyrolien

Cracking pizzas in a real pizza oven plus the spag bol was massive and tasty.

http://www.linternaute.com/restaurant/restaurant/23448/le-tyrolien.shtml

Shandy
    Free Member

Clin d’Oeil down near the supermarket.

strike
    Free Member

2nd thunbs-up for Clin d’Oeil!

binners

This is a good place for a few eye-wateringly priced beers

budda bar

And the place next to it does decent food

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I found the food to be good pretty much everywhere but it was expensive!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

The food is good if you stick to local stuff.

Pizzas are always great there.

BUT – the BEST place to eat in the region is the Marmotte just outside of Les Linderets. They do a really good tartiflette (and it’s downhill all the way to Morzine afterwards).

rudedog
    Free Member

My wee brother works in Mammas – haven’t been but he tells me its top notch take away food (pizzas etc)

ransos
    Free Member

We went here: restaurant

Expensive, but worth it, IIRC.

uberscott

This place has a set menu that’s really good value for money, and the food is superb!

Accueil

(+1 for Marmottes in Les Lindarets too, portions are ENORMOUS!!)

toys19
    Free Member

Another vote for Marmottes, my fave mountain bar.
    also good is the clin d’oiel especially if you like meat!

allthegear
    Free Member

What’s the name of the one with the crazy wooden pigs outside??

Anyway, I’ll know come Saturday!! 🙂

Rachel

hora
    Free Member

Rachel I’m in the dark green giro madmax fullfacer, spesh SX if we meet….I will look out for a foxy-looking rider 8)

randomjeremy
    Free Member

MTFU and just drink Mutzig in Robinson’s, who needs food? 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

Cracking spag bol at the restaurant near the lift at Les Crosets….In winter anyway, great carb / protein load on day’s boarding.

Mike-E

+1 for Le Tyrolien

woodsman
    Free Member

Wasn’t great when I went some years back. I did have one interesting meal though, in the restaurant that the mayor owned – freshwater Perch!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Plus 3 the Clin d’Oeil but also the Cow restuarant I have no idea what it is called. The road the lush pattiserie is on (as if you are heading towards lift that takes you up to Super Morzine)it’s on the right hand side before the Supermarket. It has wooden carvings of cows (and pigs) out the front. The food is phenomenal.
    Le Tyrolien is good although that is still very French, ie cheesy! Cow Restaurant has different stuff, veal, steaks etc

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Allthegear…that’s the one I’m on about, we call it the Cow restaurant though ..it’s top!

Popocatapetl

L’Etale just below the Pleney lift station crossroads is really good, about 14 Euro for pizza and 24 Euro for a steak. There is no where particuarly cheap for decent food in Morzine. As RJ says, have four or five Mutzigs at Robinsons, this will at least numb the pain of spending large quantitys of money until the following morning. Tuesday nights are really good and we had some mad performing arts band loose on the main street last week that should be detained in the local mental hospital! Great fun. 😀

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Flambeau in Les Gets was top notch and very reasonable.

Escalier in Chatel was nice too.

BoardinBob

Plus 3 the Clin d’Oeil but also the Cow restuarant I have no idea what it is called. The road the lush pattiserie is on (as if you are heading towards lift that takes you up to Super Morzine)it’s on the right hand side before the Supermarket. It has wooden carvings of cows (and pigs) out the front. The food is phenomenal.
    Le Tyrolien is good although that is still very French, ie cheesy! Cow Restaurant has different stuff, veal, steaks etc

That pattiserie was amazing! Rue La Plagne is where it’s located. Our apartment was right across the road. Fresh croissants for breakfast and amazing sweet treats for post ride goodness.

BoardinBob

L’Etale just below the Pleney lift station crossroads is really good, about 14 Euro for pizza and 24 Euro for a steak. There is no where particuarly cheap for decent food in Morzine. As RJ says, have four or five Mutzigs at Robinsons, this will at least numb the pain of spending large quantitys of money until the following morning. Tuesday nights are really good and we had some mad performing arts band loose on the main street last week that should be detained in the local mental hospital! Great fun.

€14 is a bit steamy. Le Tyrolein does fresh made pizzas in a proper pizza oven and they were all €9.50

vinnyeh

Allthegear…that’s the one I’m on about, we call it the Cow restaurant though ..it’s top!

La Chamade I think. Tops.

binners

Don’t forget to look out for the goat. A trip to Morzine isn’t complete without it

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

La Chamade..that’s the Cow restaurant! oh and boardingBob we can trump you … we stayed ABOVE the Patisserie…woken to the smell of fresh bread at 5am….and could shout over the balcony for a bag of croissants. Sad i’m not off to Morzine this year 🙁 Thailand scuba diving instead 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Clin d’Oeil down near the supermarket

deffo here
    do the raclette – soooooo much cheese

or there’s a restaurant next to the buddha bar which does reeeaaaaly good spare ribs

portlyone

The Burger Place was tasty. What’s the place that serves up BBQs and hot pieces of slate for you to cook your own?

Kuco

La Chamade had the spagbol in their and when they brought the bowl out I thought it was to share there was that much. Definitely didn’t leave feeling hungry.

nickf
    Free Member

L’Etale has the most varied menu – the ribs are excellent! Not cheap, but nowhere in Morzine is.

allthegear
    Free Member

Hora is in Morzine at the same time as I am? Should I be scared????

Rachel

vinnyeh

allthegear
    Free Member

oh – and I’m on a bright orange Nicolai Helius!!

Rachel

nickf
    Free Member

Hora is in Morzine at the same time as I am? Should I be scared????

And me – I get there on Saturday for 2 weeks. If you see either a bare metal Kona Stab or a silver Patriot 66 being ridden by a largish chap with a black full-facer, say hi.

binners

Rachel – Just avoid any Benny Hill lookalikes rubbing their thighs at you like Vic Reeves

allthegear
    Free Member

UVAVU 😮

Rachel

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Portlyone it’s called “Pirade” ace too …. even though you are basically cooking your own meat.

allthepies
    Free Member

Rachel, you’ll be OK if you’re off MTB’ing in Morzine, Hora just sits in the accommodation looking out of the window.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘morzine- good quality food- where to eat?’ is closed to new replies.