Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Morzine for the day early/mid Aug ? Anyone up for a meet up ?
  • Ambrose

It was good to meet up with you guys again, I had a great time. It was a bit odd, I was sort of riding with four groups- STW, my friends who had just arrived, then I bumped into a friend from home who I thought was in Annecy and then, foremost was Janice. I was bouncing all over the place but had an excellent time with great mates in one of my favorite places, doing one of my favorite things

Stoner
    Free Member

Excellent to catch up with you chaps again  Weeksy Jr got some skillz there, keep on it.

Until next year then eh?

matt_outandabout

Oh man, we just had a discussion about hols and half the family want to go back to Les Gets….

looks like a great day folks!

weeksy

We picked the correct plan of riding yesterday

This is today

2018-08-13_09-04-33 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode LITE

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ll be there next Monday and Tuesday (20th & 21st) if anyone fancies a ride/meet up/beer.

RG

RustyNissanPrairie

This morning was grim – we were up SM side slithering around in the rain till bikes were clagged solid. €5 jetwash and a few hours of the runs drying and we went over to Les Gets for this afternoon which had dried nicely.

Ambrose

I’m not riding tomorrow, weather is looking grim. Instead it is off to the spa for some theraputic stuff for Janice to help ease her pelvis. Me, in budgie-smugglers- I think not! However, there is a three line whip so I have little choice on the matter.

Wednesday looks pretty good though, Thursday too. If anyone fancies some out of the trees and thus more likely to be dry routes, give me a call.

FWIW, I rode on the Pleney side of Morzine today and it was a lot drier than I’d expected it to be.

A good wet day ride has always been Les Gets to Morzine via the retour. Then the SM/ Zore uplifts, to ride to Col de la Joue Vert. Along the PPS trail to Brocheaux and then up to Pointe de Mossettes.

A loop down into Les Crossets perhaps, then back along the GR5 to Les Linderets, to the Goat VIllage, Ardent, Lac du Montriond and down to the Dranse to ride back up to Morzine beside the river. Essentially a section of the Passportes du Soleil route, so all well signposted.

Have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Morzine for the day early/mid Aug ? Anyone up for a meet up ?’ is closed to new replies.