Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Morzine for the day early/mid Aug ? Anyone up for a meet up ?
  • weeksy

We still playing then guys yeah ?

weeksy

Getting closer…. Any more for a day out in Morzine ?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ll be 4th to 11th of August, it’s a family trip but I do get a day pass!

It would be great to meet up with a group, if nothing else so someone can phone the Mrs when I spanner myself and ‘prove’ it’s not my fault 😉

RustyNissanPrairie

I am out in Morzine from the 11th August for a week with a mate and his lad (nither on STW) – so happy to meet up.

Ambrose

I’m still up for this. Do you have my mobile number?

weeksy

I don’t believe i do Ambrose. But we’ll be at the bottom of Super Morzine early doors on the 12th and you’re fairly tricky to miss 🙂

Will send mine over just in case though 🙂

NissanP, would be great to hook up for the day if our plans suit you matey.

feltmountain
    Free Member

Im driving down on the 5th so should be there in a few days or so, i’ll be camping somewhere. Would be great to meet up and do some riding, looking forward to it! PM us some mob numbers etc (can you PM on here?)

cheers, Jon

weeksy

Sorry Jon,

Just seen this. Will chuck my mobile over later in a bit. Anyone else then now we’re getting close to ETA ?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

In Morzine with wife and a few mates from the 8th to 15th 🙂 I’d be up for a ride!

weeksy

12th single? Bottom of super morzine lift area 8:45-9

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I can do the 12th! Can I send you my number weeksy?

weeksy

sure mate, go for it 🙂

igm

Wave to me on the A40 guys, I get into Les Gets on the evening of the 18th.

Enjoy yourselves.

timbog160

Me and the boy are in Samoens from 13-17 and are planning to do a day in Morzine on either the 14/15 or 16 so if anybody is interested in meeting up just shout!

Ambrose

Yayyyy 😃 I’ve arrived in Les Gets, here for a fortnight. Look out for a bloke in a Hawaian shirt. Tall, handsome and witty too.

I’ll be close by.

weeksy

Keep it safe till I get there lads. Listening to Mrs Weeksy, she may struggle with the 5am start so if we’re 15 mins late, she owes you guys a beer/coffee.

Sorted out bike rack yesterday, new rubber on the Whyte, all good to go.

It’s only 1 day, but excited.

Ambrose, if you’re about in Morzine, check out some 11 years old friendly Blues etc please. He’s not doing Col du Cou with us now, so me and him will do a few runs the next morning and possibly 1 late afternoon on day 1. But due to timescales been don’t want to be searching, just up and down.

weeksy

Just out of interest guys, what’s the pricing on runs off the SM lift ? If for example we went up SM and Zore twice, 1 adult 1 child, what’s the best way to do it ? If we work on us having 90mins in the morning while Mrs Weeksy chills in bed, can we get 2 runs in ? I guess the other question is.. What time does the SM lift open ?

Ambrose

I may have to change my plans. Currently sat in the medical center in Morzine after Mrs A took a spill on the slippy wet clay on the first descent of the day.

X ray shows fractured pelvis. Off to Annemasse for a scan to check for further damage. Les Pompiers were very quick to assist but the wait for the ambulance is seemingly never ending…

weeksy

Oh damn mate ! I thought I was having a bad day today as my lad went out with his mate and came back with a tubeless flat. Weird thought I, but it was a nightmare to inflate that one anyway even with Airshot.. So i took it off to check what had happened as i couldn’t seal the hole with fluid in it (Done 2-3 months ago) and the fluid had turned to snakeskin over the whole surface of the inside of the tyre… No liquid, just a solid goo all over. We’ve got spare rubber but nothing Tubeless, so he’s tubed again on the rear for now. But I’ve ordered a new Hans Dampf tubeless rear for it from Merlin and paid the extra for next day shipping, so hopefully we’ll have it on before we leave. Hopefully !

But your news is a LOT worse than mine and my boys !

Fingers crossed for you.

Stoner
    Free Member

Woah! Best vibes to Mrs Ambrose!

Weeksy, you will only do SM and Zore once (that gets you up to the trails), then I’d ride up to joux Vert and drop the blue to Brochaux/lindarets, then back up lindarets lift then return on the green and blue/red options to bottom of Zore, and road descent back to town. That’s 3x lifts or 4x if you do the lindarets lift twice for shits and giggles. (if you take green Serrausaix be aware it will cost you a lift to get back up again to ride to joux Vert, but it’s a good warm up for Jr if you choose to)

€25 for 3x for the pair of you, €30 for 4x. 5hr PDS passes would be €39 for you both in total. For and hour and a half, two hours I’d consider the pds 5hr so you can smash solent green/Serrausaix without counting lift tickets for the price of less than 2 pints.

weeksy

Pints are 20euro ? lol

weeksy

Well that certainly got worse before it got better. Tyre arrived, excellent start.

It was an absolute sod to get up… I’m sure these wheels are not fully tubeless…. But after a fair bit of sweating, we got there…. Fitted into the wheel…. TOO BIG ! Rear wheel wouldn’t spin… Arrrrrghhhh. Thought i had more clearance than that.

Took a guess as to whether it would fit the front better… Eventually i got them swapped and the Hans Dampf is on the front now and clears perfectly…. It’s a big bugger though that’s for sure.. Not a lot i can do about that though, it’s all good. Both now up and happy  Ready for Morzine.

Ambrose

Janice is now a lot more comfortable and getting pretty confident on the crutches. They have already been pimped with a bottlecage so she can have a cuppa to hand as and when. The trip to the pharmacy filled my daysac with medications and made a huge dent in my bank account- top tip kids, get decent insurance! The ambulance from Morzine to Annemasse was 420 Eu. But now Janice is (relatively) comfortable I have permission to have fun on the bike in the hills…

So anyway, I’m out and about again- yippee!

weeksy

Insurance, good point. Forgot that.

Snowcard?

Ambrose

I’m using Dogtag. You have to be very clear that you will be using mechanical uplifts. That seems to be the insurers definition of DH, ie graded, MTBing.

RustyNissanPrairie

Have just sorted snowcard for the weeks Morzine trip – just slightly under £50 as I accepted £150 excess.

Setting off tomoz lunchtime for arrival on Saturday. Keep an eye out for me on a black Cannondale Jekyll, mate on his brown Nomad and his son on a yellow Transition – probably arguing and bickering after the sleepless drive down!

Stoner
    Free Member

FYI assur sportif is Vg vfm for the initial insurance cover of transport/mountain rescue etc. Not great cover on medical costs though.

See you chaps Sunday – pleased to hear Janice is relatively mobile.

weeksy

Hope you guys are having fun.  I get the impression that the weather is looking miserable for Monday.

What that may mean is a bit of a change for Sunday as I really want my lad to experience Alps trails, which if we can’t do together Monday, then we’ll have to do on Sunday.

I get the impression that the Col du Cou is beyond him climb wise, he’d probably give it a decent crack but it’s supposed to be fun and I’m not sure that will be. Along with the fact that Mrs Weeksy won’t be happy with him on the ridge of certain death ha ha.

So if the forecast stays as it’s looking I expect wellw meet you guys Sunday as planned and then it’s a little in your hands regarding where and what. Something in the 3-4 hour range to then meet the wife for lunch maybe in Morzine town.

Of course if the Monday forecast improves then wellw stick with plan A.

Stoner
    Free Member

No problem Weeksy. Let’s see who turns up and what expectations are. We will be riding in the same direction whether aiming for col du cou or the fun trails for Weeksy Jr so we can all start together and split at Brochaux if necessary

weeksy

Top stuff. Thanks buddy.

weeksy

Womble just texted me to bail.

Ambrose

Here we go then. I’m aiming to be at the Super Morzine by 9:00AM which to be frank is taking the blummin’ mick because I really don’t do mornings. I will need a lot of coffee.

After that my only plans involve needing to be back in Les Gets by lunchtime to help Janice- so no Col de Cou for me. I rode it today anyway and the French side is now so smoothed out I’d suggest that it would be a far more exciting ride if reversed.

Looks like Ambrose will be riding Les Linderets/ Avoriaz/ Zore. I’m planning to return to Morzine by L’Ele, time permitting.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ambrose  Weeksy and I think numbers may well be just we three and Weeksy Jr. So I will prob bring Stoner Jr and we can all go rail the greens on super Morzine and do a few runs into lindarets and the green panoramic into châtel. We won’t go far afield as we all need to keep an eye on others. I thought we were aiming for 930ish at SM lift? I’ll be there 915 with boy..see you then

weeksy

Well I’ve managed stage 1 and got them out of bed. So we’re hitting the road in 10. Arriving at car park by just before 9. Then walking up the hill and grabbing croissant for the lift. So as long as the drive goes well, we should be on time.

Stoner
    Free Member

See you in a bit

LittleNose
    Free Member

Have a great ride guys – looking forward to the reports.

weeksy

Fantastic day with the boys. Great company, superb trails and plenty of proper proud dad moments. Seeing my boy do jumps and taking on Les Gets DH reds on his little Whyte HT, awesome.

Beers with Stoner and Lacey afterwards with a massive burger, all great.

Now sitting next to the lake in montriond after a chilly swim!

Bought my lad a Les Gets bike park jersey

2018-08-12_04-19-02 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode LITE

weeksy
    RustyNissanPrairie

Sorry our plans went well out of the window once beer was involved Saturday night. We ended up starting with Pleney as SM queue was pretty big and ended up on SM/Zore later on.

weeksy

Awww no worries mate. The SM lift closed early doors so everyone went over the Pleny side. Which was in hindsight absolutely great as my lad had an awesome day riding.

10 years old and hitting them trails, impressed

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Morzine for the day early/mid Aug ? Anyone up for a meet up ?’ is closed to new replies.