Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Morvelo – anyone else had issues?
  • ajantom

I seem to be stuck in a customer service loop with Morvelo.

Ordered some bits a week ago with an estimated delivery of 2-3 days.
    Nothing turned up, but today I get an email that just said ‘sorry your order hasn’t been sent yet.’ no reason given or explanation.

I emailed back asking why the delay, and when should I expect my order, and got a reply that basically said there’s a delay as it hasn’t left our warehouse yet. No ETA or other reason.

Well thanks, that clears it up 😆 the stuff shows in stock on their website still.

Anyone else had or having issues?

tomhoward

No issues here, always been fine over the maybe dozen orders I’ve placed

ajantom

So, after a bit of digging it seems that all 3 items I ordered are out of stock with no ETA from their supplier.
    However, you can still order them all on the website. Which is a bit crap.

I’ll be cancelling my order, but be warned that they seem to be selling stuff that they don’t actually have in stock.

scud
    Free Member

Just quality issues for me on their Oveland stuff, print on t-shirt lasted about 4 washes (and thats washing on delicate at 30 degrees) and both pairs of cargo bib shorts i bought, the stitching the chamois came undone, shame as they are ace shorts otherwise.

mashr

ajantom
    So, after a bit of digging it seems that all 3 items I ordered are out of stock with no ETA from their supplier

Thats an odd excuse for a company that only sells their own gear (even if it is produced by 3rd parties elsewhere)

nickc

weird things at Morvelo, They used to have plenty of new designs (for MTB) lots of sizes and stock Then they sold out recently to a multi-million outfit The Hut Group, which has it’s own questionable history There seem to be sales on the road stuff constantly, quality has definitely taken a hit and there never seems to be any stock (especially of MTB gear) and now Overland is a separate thing,

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

There seem to be sales on the road stuff constantly, quality has definitely taken a hit and there never seems to be any stock (especially of MTB gear) and now Overland is a separate thing,

They split the MTB to overland and kept the road as Morvelo (i think), which is why you dont see any mtb on the morvelo site.
    I dont bother with them anymore as ive heard issues like the above around quality and sales issues.
    Shame because I have a couple of older MTB tops and they are great.

bruk

Had a couple of really nice technical tees that have lasted really well and a couple of other t shirts as well but like others not seen anything recently that caught my eye.

Sad to hear quality has dropped as I rated the stuff I did have.

dawson

Following with interest as I was about to order a long sleeve top currently advertised on Facebook.

I wonder if the ad campaign on FB has swamped them with orders

paino

7 year old Morvelo T-shirts still going strong. 1 year old Morvelo stuff now used as rags. Says everything. Won’t be using them again.

hb70

That explains a lot. Nice print sweatchirt looked super value but is a bit cheap when it got here.

ajantom

Well they’re starting to piss me off!

Their system is saying I can’t cancel the order as it included a ‘free’ plant a tree in your name (didn’t ask for it it was just added to the order) and as that has been ‘dispatched’ the order can’t be cancelled 🤔

silasgreenback

Bullocks. Exercise your right to cancel the contract. But google it and use the specific wording re cancellations.

Then if they wont cancel get your card company to raise a charge back for breach of contract re: cancellation / non delivery etc. tehy’re well used to charge backs so should be able to help.

All assuming your within time to cancel!

ajantom

I’m assuming it’s just a ‘computer says no’ scenario, hopefully once a human being sees my (slightly shitty!) Email, they’ll refund me.

qwerty
    Free Member

YES!!! Crap customer service & kit.

I ordered a new set of Stealth bibs as I already own two and they are great. The new ones were a different cut, the chamois was folded and in use was in a wedge shape up my bum and really uncomfortable, I tried them a few times & washed them but it got no better. On closer examination the chamois stitching to the lycra was the issue as it was like the chamois was too large for the area it was stitched into.

I used the web site message service to open up dialogue with them but each time they replied they closed the message with the issue unresolved which meant starting from square one again. This happened a number of times before I finally had them agree to send out a returns label. With no further communication they refunded me.

It’s a shame as the kit of theirs I have I really like, but the returns process and communication difficulties mean I’ll probably never buy from them again.

They are owned by The Hut Group, I’m not sure if this is new as I always thought of them as a rider owned small company in Brighton.

south downs biker
    Free Member

I got a few bits from them over the years and found them great. However made a recent purchase from them (under the Hut Group) and spent about three months trying to get a refund for a returned item. Customer service was non existent. No phone line to call and every email to them was dismissed as quickly as they could.

Bit of digging online and found their MD’s email address.  Took a strongly worded email and threats of small claims court to get a refund. To be fair he sorted it very quickly but why should it be that hard?

stevious

What a shame. I was just about to search for some new winter bits and bobs and they were on my list of placed to look.

mashr

They split the MTB to overland and kept the road as Morvelo (i think), which is why you dont see any mtb on the morvelo site.

That’s no longer correct either. Overland now seems very Gravel/hipster focused and there’s nice MTB stuff again on Morvelo. They do seem to have lost their way

ajantom

😆
    The saga continues!
    After my email last night I got a reply from customer services this morning saying that my order had been cancelled.

However…I just this minute got another email saying my order has been dispatched!

Sounds like no-one there actually knows what the **** is going on.

13thfloormonk

After my email last night I got a reply from customer services this morning saying that my order had been cancelled.

However…I just this minute got another email saying my order has been dispatched!

Sounds about standard for The Hub Group who also own Probikekit I believe, or as I now call them Pot-luck Bike Kit.

They’re actually quite a slick organisation in some respects and overall I’ve done quite well out of them sending me better kit than I’d ordered (well, it happened twice, but once was a very spanky carbon railed saddle) but there is still some sort of disconnect between their warehouse/despatch/ordering it seems.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.