Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Mortgages
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone up so speed on what’s good at the moment? Moneybox were recommending fixed at the weekend and I’ve found 4.99% for 5 years with no fee. My discounted period ends soon…

willard

Link to that? Ours is up soon…

bigsi
    Free Member

Cynic-al. There are better deals about than 4.99% but these may carry arrangement fees. It will depend on how these fees impact on the overall cost effectiveness of having the lower rate over the period of time that the rate is fixed for.

E-Mail me at sihills@moneydecisions.co dot uk if you want me to have a look around for you.

I’ll need some fairly basic info from you to carry out a search (i can also point you in the right direction if there are better direct products available as these appear on our sourcing software). I won’t charge for having a look round for you and if i can get you a scheme you are happy with then I can set it up for you as well, normally without a cost to the client, oh and to keep the mods happy for this shameless plug i will also contribute towards the STW beer & kebab fund if i earn any money out of it.

Can’t really say fairer than that 😉

tommytowtruck

Bigsi – any chance you could do the same for me? Sorry for butting in but am thinking of switching to fixed rate at the moment.

Cheers

Tom

bigsi
    Free Member

tommy – yep no probs.

Drop me a mail to the address in my first ost and I’ll pick it up whe I’m back in the office (Tuesday) and we’ll take it from there 😀

Spawn

I have a mortgage which I have had for almost 5 years and in november will be up for review. I have also changed from employee to a partner in a LLP. where should I look for a mortgage? I still draw the same amount as a salary from the company but am no longer an employee.. also the LLP has been setup since March appreciate and advice:)

ski
    Free Member

Bigsy, can you add me to the list as well, if its not too much trouble.

Ta

druidh
    Free Member

Mortgage? What’s that then?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Bigis ygm if thats ok

bigsi
    Free Member

Ski – E-mail me some basic details, name of current lender, amount o/s at the moment, approx value of property and a bit of back gound info at sihills@moneydecisions.co.uk and I’ll come back to you on Tuesday when I’m back in the office as will be at Mayhem this weekend.

Spawn – It will depend on your % shareholding in the LLP as to how the lenders will view it, if its above a certain % they might view you as self-employed even though its an LLP. Best thing to do is to e-mail me at the above address (sihills@moneydecisions.co.uk) and I’ll come back to you as well. Given the sensetive nature of the info i can’t really go in to details on an open forum, I’m sure you understand.

Cheers guys

Si

P.S. Druidh – you lucky bugger 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Just got my first with the Abbey, its so popular though they increased the rate yesterday, just shows how quickly they can withdraw a product from the market, b******s!

bigsi
    Free Member

stonemonkey – yep thats cool. Am at Mayhem this weekend so won’t be able to reply till Tuesday.

Kahurangi

Mortgage? Isn’t that where you get elected, the proles pay your ‘mortgage’ for you as an expense, hang on in parliament for long enough and you have a free house at the end of it?

Me – I’m renting and always wondering if I could buy something similar and not pay more a month for it. any maybe have something left over or in the pocket when I move out. Seems a bit silly for my rent to fully cover someone else’s mortgage.

bigsi
    Free Member

Loulabella – Its down to how often they have to reapproach the markets to raise funding and so what they can borrow it at. At the moment the rates they can borrow at are increasing which is why most fixed rates are going up by up to 0.5% 😯

Jon Taylor – Its quite possible that a mortgage won’t cost anymore than your rent but it depends on your individual circumstances. At the moment deposit is king as far as the lenders are concerned. The more you have for this the lower the interest rate and so the lower your monthly payments. If you want to know how much you can borrow and what it will cost then ping me an e-mail as above and I’ll see what i can do for you.

ski
    Free Member

Thanks bigsi – will do

btw

I live just down the road from MM, Eastnor is looking good this year, you might get away without mud tires for the first lap 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Without wishing to cut across BigSi’s suggestions to Spawn, an LLP is not a company. A company is a company. An LLP is a partnership, albeit with separate legal status and limited liability for its members. It’s members are, therefore, still deemed to be self employed for tax purposes. hope that assists the seach, people.

As for me, I’m sticking with the SVR I’m on – cheaper than any deal currently available….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers Si, I had a wee google and there seems to be plenty of opinion on not rushing into things at the moment, and that fixed rates are not necessarily the be all and end all, so I’m gonna think about things a bit.

May well get in touch though I’m a bit disappointed you won’t be checking your blackberry and giving free advice by email between laps 😛

smurf
    Free Member

An alternative option is to get an off-set mortgage. You need to be disciplined with your money but they can allow you to make massive savings in interest over the years. We’ve been saving a fair bit since we moved in last year and have taken hundreds of ££ off the monthly mortgage bill

We’re with First Direct but there are others on the market

smurf

surfer
    Free Member

An alternative option is to get an off-set mortgage. You need to be disciplined with your money but they can allow you to make massive savings in interest over the years. We’ve been saving a fair bit since we moved in last year and have taken hundreds of ££ off the monthly mortgage bill

We’re with First Direct but there are others on the market

+1 I’m with Intelligent finance for the same reason. Some savings which I dont want to use to pay of a chunk of my mortgage at the moment but having it in the same pot does the same thing by reducing the interest.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve have a Woolwich Offset account which tracks at 0.49% above Barclays BR – they make life easy for those that can’t be bothered to manage their money as efficiently as possible but for those that can it could be better to get a normal mortgage and pay off lump sums when possible. I’ve paid off mine now but plan to keep it open as it’s access to cheap debt for me.

theflatboy
    Free Member

nothing, ignore me…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cock waving alert.

yoshimi

<slap>

………………its the opnly reason I bother to turn upto work each day 😥

Kahurangi

BigSi – I appreciate the offer but realise that

a) I don’t have enough in savings yet to offer a reasonable deposit. Maybe 6%, which isn’t enough.

b) I don’t want to buy until I’m sure I want to buy – right area, right job, y’know, trifling things 🙂

geoffj

Al – these are pretty good for mortgage advice – the best deals. They’ve looked after us (home and buy to lets) for the past 10 years.

http://www.sjpp.co.uk/addisoncluley/

bigsi
    Free Member

Al – Sorry but i couldn’t get a signal at Eastnor 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Mortgages’ is closed to new replies.