Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mortgage deals
  • rhysw
    Free Member

Anyone know of any good mortgage deals out there ATM?
    I’m looking to move house and I’m not too clued up on tis type of thing

Cheers

toby1

I looked at Britannia recently and they seemed to have some half decent offers for a pauper like me (90% LTV). Given that I’m getting done over by a bank at the moment anyway 🙂

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Apologies for a link to a site owned by the daily wail

Useful summary here.
    Alternatively the money supermarket style sites should provide comparison tables

SaxonRider

Where are you OP? I can direct you to the best mortgage broker in Britain, who will do whatever it takes to get you the best possible deal.

rhysw
    Free Member

In Cardiff. I’ll be looking at 90% LTV as well

Kamakazie

Go to the Money Advice Service and use their mortgage finder.
    Pretty sure they are classed as whole of market but even if not, they include all the big hitters and many smaller building societies etc.

Even if you want to use a broker, go there first so you have an idea of what you should be looking at.

Also worth looking at money saving expert for their mortgage guide which sets out some of the things you really need to know before choosing a mortgage.

rhysw
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice

passtherizla
    Free Member

Independent advisor? they are free.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

In Cardiff. I’ll be looking at 90% LTV as well

Scrape, sell beg and blag as big a deposit as you can – you could get a much better deal for an 85% LTV

Make sure you weigh up fees against rates – saving 0.1% is rarely worth another £999 in fees.

also – if you’re in a rush to move – make sure you ask the lender how long they’re taking to process at the moment. I think average is 56 days – but some are much better and some are much worse.

Sidney
    Free Member

Check the co-op out. They seemed to offer the best a couple of years ago when we bought (much better than the broker could find) and the rate was even better when we remortgaged. Also consider opening a bank account with them – better offers for customers like no fee etc.

Si

SaxonRider

Rhysw, I’m in Cardiff as well.

Send me an email (in profile), and I we can talk.

This guy is genuinely superb.

thebunk

HSBC have some good 90% fixed rate fee free deals on at the moment – think you need an account with them though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mortgage deals’ is closed to new replies.