Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Morrissey vs 8 year old girl
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56813256

Seems he’s not happy with the current episode, and it is rather good and rather cruel one suggesting he’s a – meat eating – racist.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, it’s a comedy cartoon suggesting that a character called Quilloughby is those things.
    But loving the posters in that room, The Snuffs “How Late is Then?” etc 😆 not Morrissey inspired at all!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I have a friend of a friend who alluded to being involved in an interview with a famously vegan 1980s pop star. The star in question apparently viewed the publicity photos and sent communications via his legal representative that the interview must be pulled as the vegan star in question was pictured sat on a leather armchair. The leather armchair that caused the alleged furore was located in the star’s own front room…

Back to the subject of Morrissey, he’s always been a bit of a wind up merchant but his apparent support for far-right politics was really the final straw for me. I’m very much aligned with Viz’s take on him.

fasthaggis

Aww,poor Steven.
    Hope someone sends him some Daffs.
    daff in pocket
    🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Seems he’s not happy with the current episode, and it is rather good and rather cruel one suggesting he’s a – meat eating – racist.

And as we all know, he’s not a meat eater.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Diddumsy, Widdumsy, Woo.

Heart bleeds, etc.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Compare and contrast to Kanye’s (of all people) more humble response to the Gay Fish, South Park sketch.

Although that might be more to do with the sheer size of Kanyes ego more than being more humble than Morrisey.

MoreCashThanDash

In the early 90s, the insurance company i worked for insured a famous singers Golf GTi, which I thought was not the car the 80s singer would be seen driving, though at least it wasn’t a Rolls.

martinhutch

Surprised if more than a few percent of the Simpsons’ audience get the reference, or indeed have any clue who Morrissey is.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Does anyone still watch it? I didn’t even know it was still going!

dashed
    Free Member

At least he’s kept his feet on the ground, eh?!

“You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions.”

martinhutch

‘Strong emotions’. Not heard it called that for a bit.

malv173
    Free Member

Never really been a fan his, and have been a fan of the Simpson’s for a long time. However, it seems a bit rich for the show that resisted calls to stop Apu being voiced by a white man. And were quite indignant at one point during these calls. Hank Azaria has recently apologised for his role. Plus, they’ve sold themselves to Disney after being aired on Fox! Not saying that Morrisey isn’t a racist though, it seems he very well may be.

DezB
    Free Member

‘modern music’ ..Not heard Morrissey called that for a bit. A massive bit!

andy5390

I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism

And here I am thinking suicide rates have risen because Corona. But no, it’s Morrissey’s mates keeping shtum, and not giving a story to journo’s, that did it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Morrissey vs 8 year old girl’ is closed to new replies.