Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Mornington Cresent – post flood rules
  • footflaps

Chalfont,but not Latimer.

Goes without saying. A Gentleman would never use Latimer in a game of MC.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Round the houses.

Harrow.

Mike59

St John’s Wood. And I invoke the aptly-named, but rarely-used these days – General Wade (fourth in line after the 1928 uprising). Unklehomer .. ?

footflaps

All the sixes, Wimbledon Park

anonymouse
    Free Member

Chalfont,but not Latimer.
    Goes without saying. A Gentleman would never use Latimer in a game of MC.

And that’s your mistake. Gentlemanly conduct has no place in Mornington Crescent when properly played. The only reason I avoided Latimer with my last move was so that I can play it now and thereby shunt you out to Zone 6.

Take that, Sir.

Tiger6791

and Party

gurufred
    Free Member

Anyone know the forecast for the Isle of Dogs later in the week? Just planning ahead, you know with DLR weekend schedules and all.

Edit: preferably for Millwall Outer Dock, not Inner. You’d be a fool to want Inner, especially with the Shard where it is nowadays.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Rain I believe.

I would say that Mudchute would be your station of choice here, if I hadn’t just alighted there.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Bristol Temple Meads

go on…

…take it in

footflaps

Since it’s a Monday and the sun is shining, Tooting Bec in a wheelchair.

Pook

Erm……

Mornington Crescent.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ADJUDICATION!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tooting being a communist borough I don’t think anyone there would get a taxi, only public transport. Therefore as all taxi journeys go via Mornington Crescent, Pook cannot have been in a taxi, or therefore at Mornington Crecent.

Invalid.

Pook

I was on a bike. That should have been academic.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The taxi was Addison Lee, you were knocked off your bike.

Get well soon.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

😆

In that case I shall continue with a deft counter-clockwise manoeuvre (with a hop, skip and a jump to get past Liverpool Street) to Leyton, also catching Flashy unawares and placing him in Nidd.

Check.

RustySpanner

Just been mentioned on BBC, the GB ladies curling team are following this thread with interest:
    Apparantly Eve never thought a minority sport like this could be so interesting and tactical.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bristol Temple Meads

Ooof!

ononeorange

Chalfont – sans latimer – is zone 8. So the zonal subfunction allows me to jump to Hainault – via Newbury park

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Deft.

Using this lull in activity to my advantage, I’ll take the long leap to Chalk Farm (avoiding Gospel Oak).

footflaps

in which case I shall alight at Pimlico wearing brown shoes, jacket and jeans (as I know how much CFH likes that look in town).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In which case I shall conduct a doppleganger defensive manouver and also alight at Pimlico wearing brown shoes, jacket and jeans (as I know how much CFH likes that look in town). Thus confusing Flashy and prolonging his stay in Nidd.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

In which case I shall invoke the wrath of the 1897 Pencil Sharpener Armistice and change out of my brown shoes, jacket and jeans while on the platform at Sloane Square, in the full knowledge I may scare the locals.

footflaps

in the full knowledge I may scare the locals.

In Sloane Square? I doubt you can scare anyone there, they’ve seen it all!

Anyway, Knight to Kings 4 via Bethnal Green

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Tiger6791

If you’re gonna play the game learn the rules as you lot are mostly spouting made up bullocks.

The games was over ages ago.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The games was over ages ago.

Really? Who won?

therealhoops
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ve just realized a mahoosive typo. I should have put ’65 main rules.

Pook won it 3 days ago.

footflaps

Pook won it 3 days ago.

and very unsporting it was too….

Since the A1 is blocked south of Junction 7 and it’s a Wednesday, High Barnet carrying a copy of the FT dyed blue.

RustySpanner

🙄

Amateurs.

Anyway, I’ve just been on the bummel with Samantha, quick spin to Hurstwood.
    She loves it up the berms.

Sadly, she punctured both tyres on one run, but we sorted it out;
    She whipped them off with ther bare hands and I was pumping away in in no time at all.

Pook

It was not unsporting. How very dare you. I clearly deployed the Cousteau Inflection as is stated at the very top of all post-flood rule books.

It was elementary.

footflaps

Bragging about it won’t make any difference….

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m not convinced.

I believe there’s a breach of the 1972 Wales/Andorra Barry Island Peace Treaty.

Tenuous, but it’s definitely arguable.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

In the meantime, clockwise to Walford East.

Pook

It’s an outrage.

footflaps

It’s an outrage.

Walford East isn’t that bad?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It has history. But that shouldn’t detract from the fact it’s a 10 pointer station.

Russell96

I’m going to take my life in my hands with the Bidston to Wrexham line jumping off at Buckley, utilising there is a method to my madness clause famously popularised by I’m gambling it all yet again Mad Henry Loser-Harris.

Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Mornington Cresent – post flood rules’ is closed to new replies.