• This topic has 41 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Morning!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got bloody loads to do today and tomorrow. I’m supposed to be working so I’ve got to write a bit of code and file expenses, but I also need to try and fix the indicator on the Passat before it goes for its MOT, and then do a couple of things to the caravan before we go away on Wednesday.. bah.

How’s your week looking?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got to walk the dogs, go for a ride, rebuild my boys bike, tidy the house, plant a hedge and something else that I’ve forgotten but will check with the wife cos a nagging thought tells me it was important.

So far I’ve posted a letter, eaten a cheese and bacon turnover, and have just made a start on the newspaper. I probably won’t get the hedge done today.

Tomorrow I have my annual scuffling recertification (I don’t recall its proper name), which experience tells me will be a mind numbingly dull day of learning unnecessarily complicated ways of fighting with rascals and putting handcuffs on them.

marcus7
    Free Member

Well, not owning your passat is a start and thus i have not car problems rest of the week will be busy though…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spawnofyorkshire

Weeks looking pretty sorted for me, fairly quiet at work so I can crack on with planning some projects and only meeting is with a guy I used to work with so more of a catch-up than anything.
    Hockey season is nearly over with so I’ve got my evenings back for a bit of running and gym sessions plus an obligatory night of climbing
    Away MTB’ing over Easter with some buddies on my new Slackline

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and I still have yet to ride the Patriot with it’s new gigantic ridiculously wide bar on it. If I can reach both grips at the same time, that is. Still not sure if it’s actually rideable like this.

plant a hedge

You reminded me, yet another bloody job to do.. got a rotten fence post to replace.

fasthaggis

How’s your week looking?

Brilliant,thanks. 🙂
    All the new bits arrived for my Summer bike,and I am really looking forward to a lovely Easter weekend with friends .
    You take it easy in that van Mol 😉

footflaps

Tomorrow I have my annual scuffling recertification (I don’t recall its proper name), which experience tells me will be a mind numbingly dull day of learning unnecessarily complicated ways of fighting with rascals and putting handcuffs on them.

Be much simpler if all cops had guns, you could just shoot them and then there’d be no need for scuffling…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lots but today was the morning after the 24hr weekend so a bit written off today after driving back and unpacking & washing

spawnofyorkshire

thegreatape at work

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

After a weekend spent spannering the car to pass the MOT (clip popped off handbrake shoes trashing the ABS ring + sensor, so had to change wheelbearing), I’m off to get it retested.

During the course of the week, I’ve got to kick some world leaders into touch, then maybe think about getting a proper job

bikebouy
    Free Member

Weeks looking bloody ACE thanks.

Bikes cleaned and new Griffos on the CX’er and just about to Hack Hampshire to death on them, Roadies spotless and looking all melancholic because I’ve chosen the CX’er to go play on 😆

Tomorrow, and for the next few days, we’re on a walking holiday in Dartmoor… and returning before Easter Hell visits the place..

The Easter Weekend brings long rides and sunny skies and chocolate and beer and crisps and BBQ’s and friends and Windsurfing Round Hayling Island and more beer and chips and curry and beer and cake and tea and coffee and flapjack.

And I’m off for an extended break from work so all that will last for the next Month..

I rock 8)

deluded
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member

You’ll be amazed at how you managed the last year without knowing the entangled thumb lock, whilst listening to the trainer tell you about the time his lantern extinguished during a ye olde stope searche!

yunki
    Free Member

Been on the road for 18 hours.. (well.. planes, trains and automobiles) and I will see home in around another 36 hours or so..

Then I can grab a quick 12 hours kip before I see my sons for the first time in a month, when they arrive for a nice fat 14 day stint incorporating the Easter hols

Is thegreatape a security guard at waitrose..?

thegreatape
    Free Member

footflaps – wouldn’t it just, although I suspect you’d have as many shot cops as rascals

thegreatape at work

If only, it’s more like this…

…but with a greater sense of despair than his face is betraying.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’ll be amazed at how you managed the last year without knowing the entangled thumb lock, whilst listening to the trainer tell you about the time his lantern extinguished during a ye olde stope searche!

We have the same trainer!

The only bit of the day I like is when they ask for a volunteer the 3 man team demonstration. ‘Right, just cross their ankles and fold them up to their backside. They won’t be able to straighten their legs then’. Oh really, is that right 😆

binners

I have 3 illustrations to do. I’m staring at my crayons, but don’t know which to do first. My life is hell of complicated, life-changing decisions nowadays. I’ll have another coffee and think about it for a while.

On the plus side; I don’t own a Passat.

MoreCashThanDash

I wish I had “scuffling recertification”.

1. My week looks shit. Again.

2. But Friday is a Bank Holiday and we are off to Harry Potter World. See 1 above.

jekkyl

Off on thursday and some sort of christ figure died before becoming a zombie years and years ago on Friday so just a 3 day working week for me. Just contemplating the awful weather predicted for all week and weighing up biking options and negotiating with the wife via email for a whole day half day out on the bike over my 5 day weekend.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have more time to procrastinate than you do 8)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Geez – let me see
    Monday – Work* clean and tidy GF’s Flat after decorating
    Tuesday – Work* go home ride bike, drink beer 😀
    Wednesday – ride to Work* go home visit @Mattoutandabout talk pish for while, pack for Easter hols
    Thursday – Work* go home take kids Downhill MTB coaching session 😀
    Friday – HOLIDAY – first up a visit to Cruachan Hydro Electric Station, then Chalet near Taynuilt!

*Work – quite a loose term for me, no scuffling or rascals involved thankfully.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Geez – let me see
    Monday – Work* clean and tidy GF’s Flat after decorating
    Tuesday – Work* go home ride bike, drink beer 😀
    Wednesday – ride to Work* go home visit @Mattoutandabout talk pish for while, pack for Easter hols
    Thursday – Work* go home take kids Downhill MTB coaching session 😀
    Friday – HOLIDAY – first up a visit to Cruachan Hydro Electric Station, then Chalet near Taynuilt!

*Work – quite a loose term for me, no scuffling or rascals involved thankfully.

EDIT – such an awesome week I posted it twice!

matt_outandabout

An ‘easy’ upload of a few documents and images to a new website has become a ‘oh cr*p, nowt’s been completed or written yet…’

At least I have Friday off… Pedal or paddle, that is the choice….

DezB
    Free Member

What the hell is wrong with owning a Passat??

Which reminds me, I’ve got to take mine in on Wednesday to get the boot catch fixed… (wonders if I should go back to a Mondeo. 😕 )

Apart from that, Dad’s will to sort out, road bike drivetrain to replace.. work irritation as usual.

slowoldman

A week off. Time available to do loads of jobs around the house which need doing. But why change the habits of a lifetime?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cruachan’s a good visit.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, two days of work and then Im off until next tuesday.
    Hoping to get the mortgage sorted this week, but the earliest appointment with our FA is a WEEK on Wednesday FFS. We’re chain free and just want to get things moving. Grrr.
    Car brake pads to fit and bed in.
    Bikes cleaned and ready to ride.
    Schools out so some family fun time hopefully.
    Pop over to mums to do a few DIY and gardening jobs.
    Stress about buying my first house.
    All good.

gordimhor

Got to look for an “ethical” bank. Must check the wind direction before commencing urination.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nightmare – dealing with care for elderly mother now that hospital think that she is fit for discharge (really???). Out you go dear we want your bed…..and from 200 miles away. Plus normal busy week at work. (must not have STW runnin in the background!!)

everyone
    Free Member

I’m hoping my week is full of testing and data analysis, it should go by fairly quickly then. Seeing my dad (and his new house) this weekend which has the potential to be reasonably beery then it’s yet another 4 day week next week.

molgrips
    Free Member

It was just discs and a cambelt.. not specific to Passats!

binners

What the hell is wrong with owning a Passat??

There’s nothing wrong with Passats, per se, Dezzy Baby. Its just that Molls here seems to have got a proper ‘Friday Afternoon’ example of the genre. A Friday afternoon where it was Jurgan’s birthday, so everyone had been to the bierkeller for a hearty 4 stein lunch, to celebrate

Smudger666

Today: monthly report blah blah blah
    tuesday: i get to crawl round a grade 1 listed castle’s plant room and spec up a biomass system 🙂
    wednesday: CPD for a consulting engineer practice in edinburgh and a presentation to a housing association
    thursday: pre-holiday paperwork and email tidy up
    friday: off for a week and a day 🙂

looks like a good week!

matt_outandabout

surroundedbyhills – Member

Thursday – Work* go home take kids Downhill MTB coaching session

Swap you group 2 for group 5…. 😀

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Swap you group 2 for group 5….

Tempted? No. Sorry.

gonzy
    Free Member

got back very late form BPW last night.
    slept in a bit longer than i wanted to and ended up coming into work late.
    when i eventually get home tonight, i need to wash the dirty riding kit thats piled in the kitchen, clean the bike. clean the camelback and tidy up everything else that i took with me.
    house is up for sale, so i need to cut the grass, tidy the back garden, repaint the garden walls, redecorate the master bedroom, repaint a wall in the kids room, repaint a kitchen wall.
    we have 2 sheds in the garden, so i need to clear them both out and decide what can go, get a skip and fill it. dismantle and dispose of the shed we dont want to keep
    chase the estate agents…(pitchfork and bombers at the ready)

and try and catch up on my sleep! 😥

Sandwich

A Friday afternoon where it was Jurgan’s birthday, so everyone had been to the bierkeller for a hearty 4 stein lunch, to celebrate

They don’t go out for bier Binners it’s in the vending machines on the shop floor!

For me it’s:
    Monday catch up on paperwork not completed while i was in Germany a week ago and prep 4 bikes
    Tuesday continue Mondays paperwork catch up. Take loads of money once the new card machine arrives.
    Wednesday Large needle inserted into prostate under general.
    Thursday Sit lay around at home recovering
    Friday as Thursday with added worry that paperwork mountain is increasing again.
    Weekend mope about when the weather is good as bike riding will not be allowed by domestic fun control.

Stoner
    Free Member

just preparing the Passat (great car) for the drive to Morzine to take the kids & wife to the ickle diddy apartment I bought for us this spring for the first time. Kids’ first go on skis on Thursday morning. What could possibly go wrong?

One last conference call at 3pm, and then it’s two fingers to the world, I’m off on hols.

rascal
    Free Member

Grind through 3 days of work then weekend in Cumbria.
    An inn stay Fri night then 2 days at some friends.
    Low energy outdoors suggestions with wife (Keswick/Braithwaite area) welcome 😉

iainc

Wednesday Large needle inserted into prostate under general.

yeuch 😯 ….best of luck !

spawnofyorkshire

Low energy outdoors suggestions with wife (Keswick/Braithwaite area) welcome

Take a blanket with you to protect your knees

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Morning!’ is closed to new replies.