Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • More Virtual miles than real miles this year ? , anyone else ?
  • allfankledup

540 miles in total – 125 on a trainer, the rest getting rained on somewhere in Ayrshire.
    To be fair so far this year the weather has only been dangerous twice – icy once and winds strong enough to knock you off a bike the other time.

Zwift gets me a few miles during the week, with longer rides at the weekend to support my mate in his Lejog training

stumpy01

Waderider – Member

It’s not cycling you know.

How sad.

For me, it’s training…..getting miles in when I wouldn’t otherwise be. And it’s on a bike, so it’s cycling…..you know.

Admittedly last year we had a few month old baby to grapple with in the new year, but I’ve just done a comparison of cycling/training last year compared to this year. The numbers are total for the year, so currently 2016 has more miles than 2017 – but we aren’t even at the end of Feb yet. I reckon by the end of March I’ll have done more miles this year than I did for the entirety of 2017.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SbQfvP]Training 2016 2017[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

The road bike to me is just a training tool anyway, so it makes little odds to me whether it’s battling moronic drivers on the road or sweating away in the garage. It’s all training that will make me quicker when I get back on the mtb….

amedias
    Free Member

Don’t like it clogging your feed then delete the person and move on?

But then I wouldn’t see any of their real rides or routes, I’m not opposed to Zwift, or turbos or whatever floats your boat, but a filter would be handy, just to screen out indoor/static workouts.

It’s not that big a deal, it’d just be handy…

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘More Virtual miles than real miles this year ? , anyone else ?’ is closed to new replies.