Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • more tazering fun…
  • alpin
    Free Member

ok, so he was no granny but i’m not sure if he needed several punches to the head i order to subdue him. they’ve got a “tazer. tazer. tazer” to do that.

but they shat ’em selves when the crowd turned up.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5543724/Man-Tasered-and-punched-by-police-apparently-caught-on-video.html

deft
    Free Member

He punched him in the arm, which they’re supposed to do instead of trying to force cuffs on people

dyna-ti

One of the bystanders leaned down to say something to either the officer or the guy on the ground,having said his piece he straightens up and steps back out of the way.
    The cop standing to the bystanders right ,at first,failed to notice him addressing his colleagues until he had stepped back into the crowd.Then,despite the fact that he has retreated back into the crowd and is standing further away from that officer than other bystanders next to him,the cop rushes forward and violently shoves the bystander further back.
    A bit unnecessary 😕

the guy on the ground could have been very easily hancuffed had they been bothered to handcuff his hands in front of his body ,but standard practice is to handcuff at the back,this is a stress position and the reason its done is to keep the prisoner concentrating on his bindings,if he moves -it hurts.

This position of twisting the hands to opposites of each other then binding them behind the prisoners back is used in many other countries. and is classed by human rights as torture.
    Keep worrying about MP’s expenses 😉

Nonsense
    Free Member

Clearly dyna-ti you haven’t dealt with an 18 stone drunk man who is struggling and just GBH’d a colleague.

Cuffing is not a stress position and it is also not standard practice. Cuffing to the rear is preferable if you have someone that is struggling violently because they can’t hit you with their hands behind their back and it also makes it easier to control them safely. No police officer in the UK is taught to cuff someone with their hands opposing each other at the rear. That’s why it’s called the back to back position ie the backs of the hands face each other because it puts the LEAST amount of stress on the wrist, shoulder.

When the officer is striking him he’s actually trying to deaden the arm so he will release it and allow him to cuff it without the risk of breaking his arm. It’s called a distraction strike.

I’ve not seen the lead-up to the footage. But I can see that the guy is still struggling and trying to fight even after being tazered, coupled with the fact he already hospitalised a police officer. That would tend to suggest he’s probably put up quite a nasty fight already. He didn’t even make a complaint after his release!

Perhaps next time they should sit him down with a nice cup of tea and ask him why he was so upset? Perhaps you should be looking at the footage in Iran if you want to see actual police brutality? Or maybe people should stop jumping on band wagons and talking about stuff they have very little understanding of.

Harry_the_Spider

Nice one Mr Nonsense.

I know a few coppers and hear tails of the crap that they have to put up with off violent drunken idiots.

This bloke had already flattened one of theirs and was clearly in the mood to hurt a few more. What were they expected to do?

Drac

ok, so he was no granny but i’m not sure if he needed several punches to the head i order to subdue him.

Fortunately the Police knew he didn’t so they didn’t punch him in the head, get back behind your desk and let the professionals do their job.

warton
    Free Member

I don’t see anything wrong with that, he’s still resisting all the way through that footage, what are they supposed to do? just let him go, or stand there for an hour waiting for him to calm down? Also that footage makes me think how exposed the police are, that crowd appeared within seconds, and by the end of it there were over a hundred people there, who could of easily kicked off, scary

trailmonkey

Gosh, police brutality, unheard of in the UK. 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Gosh, people automatically assuming the worst of the police without understanding all the facts, unheard of in the UK 🙄

FWIW, the tasering looked harsh to me but then I don’t really know what happened before the video started or in fact how at risk the guys trying to arrest him were because the video isn’t great and it’s hard to see…

The shove on the guy in the crowd did look unwarranted mind but again without really having the full picture…

woodey
    Free Member

As above, what were they supposed to do, attempt to talk him into the hand-cuffs?

If this was Germany/Italy (where i have lived and seen such policing) there would have been batons to the face and worse, and they don’t have to deal with the violent and drunken society we have in this country…..

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

that crowd appeared within seconds, and by the end of it there were over a hundred people there, who could of easily kicked off, scary

Oh come now – the officers had nothing to fear. People are so supportive of the Police in this country 😐

Aren’t they?

Let the coppers get on with an already difficult job. The hostile public filming you can’t be too pleasant. Their “helpful” comments on your every act also must be a tad irritating.

Jamie
    Free Member

trailmonkey:

Gosh, police brutality, unheard of in the UK. 🙄

Wow. You just blew my mind!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

spot on there Nonsense, well said.

Smee
    Free Member

A few points here:

Was there any need for the guy firing the taser to stamp on the guy that had been tasered?
    The second tasering – the two unifromed guys had just been there a couple of seconds – had they really had any opportunity to restrain the guy as a quad?
    View the video at full screen and some of you will find that you need an anatomy lesson – the arms are below the neck, not above.
    Does it really make any difference who they hit?
    If 4 guys of equal size to the tasered bloke cant restrain one single guy who is already on the ground then maybe their training and skills are crap.
    The two non-uniformed guys lost it.
    Finally – the guy is not fighting back, it looks to me like he is confused and trying simply to defend himself when he doesn’t have a clue whats going on. Understandable when pissed and you have a couple of guys in plain clothes trying to kick the crap out of you.

grumm
    Free Member

I’m not too sure about this one really. I don’t feel very comfortable about the Tazer generally, but this doesn’t seem particularly excessive to me – unlike the one with the old lady.

Pushing that bystander in that way seems needlessly aggressive and more likely to incite problems than prevent them though.

It’s also quite funny how some people say ‘you don’t know the context, you haven’t seen the lead-up to what happened’ etc, then they explain how their interpretation of it is right instead. It does seem the police can do no wrong according to some people.

Oh and the argument of ‘you should see Iran/Italy/wherever if you want to see real police brutality’ is nonsense – it’s like saying hitting someone is fine because you didn’t stab them.

woodey
    Free Member

“It does seem the police can do no wrong according to some people.”

Neither can drunken louts who attack policemen it seems……

juan
    Free Member

I am struggling to see why they had to punch him and taser him several times. If he was drunk it would probably be very easy to restrain him. Specially for efficient and trained police officers, who surely do know how to incapacitate someone with a little damaged as possible?

juan
    Free Member

they don’t have to deal with the violent and drunken society we have in this country…..

Maybe that is the real problem…

Pook

I just like the backing track in this one.

Can we have “Danger-High Voltage” on the next one please?

grumm
    Free Member

Neither can drunken louts who attack policemen it seems……

Except that I was saying the police were probably justified in this case.

What about slightly mardy old ladies?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nonsense is clearly correct. apart from perhaps the second tasaring that looks like the restraint wa all done in accordance with training and the punches are clearly onto the deltoid muscle to give a dead arm – in accordance with training. that is the best way to get him cuffed without damaging him unduly. No batons were used nor pepper spray

As for the push on the bystander – clearly that had been told to get back and had not

People seem to think that cops are not allowed to use force. They are – up to and including using pain to subdue someone. The force used must be reasonable and commensurate with the risk.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Smee would those ‘plain clothes’ officers you mention be the firearms officers who wear exactly the same uniform as everyone else apart from blue shirts instead of white? And would the hand that was being stood on be the same hand that was punching towards the other policeman’s face moments before?

Coyote
    Free Member

If he was drunk it would probably be very easy to restrain him

That is the biggest pile of shite I’ve read for a long time. How many violent pissheads have you tried to control?

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Sorry, but I find that rather disturbing.

an 18 stone drunk man who is struggling and just GBH’d a colleague.

I’d rather a judge and jury decide that. Or should we go back to pre PACE days?

Speshpaul

the rights or wrongs of this are one thing, but whats with you coppers moaning about your job? You signed on the dotted line and have taken the money! If you don’t like it get a job at Tesco’s.
    If some one treats me like a t**t or assults me at work (which has happened) i can’t beat the cr@p out of them

Drac

That is the biggest pile of shite I’ve read for a long time. How many violent pissheads have you tried to control?

Not a single one I bet but he did knock someone on their arse once.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Only firearms officers have Tazers at the moment I think

mildred

Taser come well below CS or a baton strike on the use of force continuum – i.e. what tactic you should use in what situation. The theory behind this is that the effects of CS are non-discriminatory and will affect the Police and any bystanders just as much as the person they’re trying to restrain – usually more so because drunks tend to have the uncanny ability of fighting through it’s effects.

A baton strike – mmmm, how would anyone here like to be hit by a 21″ of metal bar? the effects of a baton strike can be catastrophic and very long lasting if you hit the wrong part of the body – e.g. head, balls, neck etc. A baton is a very crude piece of equipment that is best kept fastened away. It has a very good tactical value when you arrive at a public order incident, but usually only when people are sober enough to think “ooo, being hit by a piece of shiny metal could smart”. when they’re drunk, however, people don’t think like this – they usually fancy their chances. Also, a drunk feels very little pain. Couple a few shandies with a massive dose of adrenalin, with someone who’s up for it and you’ve got a big problem, which could result in you having the baton took off you by the wrong person.

Taser, however, will only ever affect the person to whom it is attached. the effects last for 5 seconds, and if this doesn’t work, you do it again. if this doesn’t work, you do it again, and on it goes until you gain compliance. Because this is what Taser is – it is a method of gaining compliance. Post Taser deaths have been reported around the world, but these figures have never been put in comparison to say post bullet deaths, post beating with a metal bar deaths, post drink drive RTC deaths etc…

Nobody has ever claimed the device to be perfect, but in what i see as an increasingly violent society, where knives and firearms are routinely carried by a large section of the criminal fraternity, and there is a steady errosion of respect for the police and the work they have to do(possibly fuelled by the media’s post incident feeding frenzy at the merest hint of Police use of force), something is needed for the Police to gain control over drunken violent louts.

Ask yourself this, how would you feel if it was you or your loved ones that had just been seriously assaulted by a violent drunk, with injuries that amount to GBH? How would you want the Police to deal with him? Would you have them follow him on CCTV, until he’s lost from sight, or watching him smack anyone who gets in his way until he is identified; then the Police could wait until he was sober? hey, they could then ask him to meet them at the Police station which is most convenient to him, at some time in the future months – they could even make him a cup of tea on his arrival, then have nice cosy interview whilst respecting his Human Rights (just because someone chooses to withdraw from society and not contribute in any way except cause misery to law abiding citizens, don’t you think they don’t deserve all of the protection afforded to society). Is that how you’d like this person being dealt with, whilst you’re having skin grafts on the facial injury you’ll be carrying for the rest of your life?

No? Well me neither.

In my opinion the mistake Police in this clip made was to jump in too quickly to cuff him; I don’t think they had fully gained compliance until they tried, and as a result they still had a bit of a fight with him.

On the topic of 4 Police onto 1 Person. try to realise that the Police are not there to knock someone on their arse and give him a good old kicking – many cops are capable, but the aim in these circumstance is to restrain the individual whilst causing least injury to themselves, members of the public and the suspect. You need a lot of people to do this safely, yet the same old crap seems to crop up time and time again that it is Police brutality. Could you do it?

Sorry about the epic post but sometimes you have to raise the head above the parapet

surfer
    Free Member

He punched him in the arm, which they’re supposed to do instead of trying to force cuffs on people

I had jumped to the conclusion that he was simply punching him indiscriminately but this explains the technique.

2hottie
    Free Member

They weren’t hard enough on this drunken wan#er. I find it amazing that people on here get a situation so wrong. The Tazer is in use for this exact reason. The UK has a massive problem with drunken twunts walking around our towns at night causing the police to be back logged dealing with such people. To say they were heavy handed is stupid, they were being soft. The guy should have had a real kicking. It’s bad enough that an officer has been injured then when they try to make the arrest the police are then the targets of excessive force. It’s pure bullsh1t like this that frustrates me. I for one do have respect for the police and have no reason what so ever to question what they do. I keep myself out of trouble and don’t like this tool, cause trouble. The crowd is the same as the crowds you get at school fights but are a little older and feel they have a valid point when drunk. They don’t help a situation but make it much worse.

give the police a break, the bad apples in the forces will be routed out. They are under staffed and under supported.

Just my 2p worth.

grumm
    Free Member

errosion of respect for the police and the work they have to do(possibly fuelled by the media’s post incident feeding frenzy at the merest hint of Police use of force)

Possibly fuelled by explosion in mobile phones with video recording capabilities meaning that incidents of bad behaviour or excessive force by the police are now exposed where previously they were covered up?

Smee
    Free Member

How many violent pissheads have I tried to control – many. Its easy if you know what you’re doing and stay calm. But then again I had many years of training.

Drac

View the video at full screen and some of you will find that you need an anatomy lesson – the arms are below the neck, not above.

Did that just to make sure and your right his head is above his neck just as well they punched the top of his arm then.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Ask yourself this, how would you feel if it was you or your loved ones that had just been seriously assaulted by a violent drunk, with injuries that amount to GBH?

Gut reaction would probably be revenge. Police are no different. We have the due process of the law to keep a check on knee jerk reactions. Who decides he has committed GBH? I would rather it was Judge and Jury and not the copper with a “right you b****rd” attitude.

The force used to me, seemed excessive. Suppose thats the problem with “reasonable force”. Its a very subjective concept.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What amazes me is how everyone wants to comment and slate when they have no knowledge of the full circumstances. Mildred very informed answer.

Speshpaul EVERYONE moans about their job at some point, police officer don’t whinge any more or less than anyone else.

grumm
    Free Member

What amazes me is how everyone wants to comment and slate when they have no knowledge of the full circumstances.

But only if they disagree with your interpretation, if they are sticking up for the police then commenting without knowledge of the full circumstances is fine apparently.

Not a massive surprise to see police ‘sticking up for their own’ again is it.

nickc

I personally have no issues with violent drunks getting tazered by the cops. If he’s not a violent drunk, then there are some issues to be addressed.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have not commented personally about my thoughts on this incident however I think Mildred has written a very informative and open response getting people to think about things they may not have. This is the reason that I don’t comment personally anymore either about these things. I think NickC has the right attitude and I certainly do not stick up for all coppers. There are a resonable amount out there that use to much force and need to be sacked however it doesn’t help with videos like this and people jumping to conclusions.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Smee –

Smee – Member

How many violent pissheads have I tried to control – many. Its easy if you know what you’re doing and stay calm. But then again I had many years of training.

Under what circumstances? Cos from your previous post you clearly haven’t got a clue about police techniques for control and restraint or the rules they work under

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘more tazering fun…’ is closed to new replies.