Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • More Rockshox Reba problems (but new ones)
  • bob_summers

Didn’t want to hijack the other thread.  My workmate bought a bike from CRC with a Reba 29 which apparently was fine until about the third ride and it’s frozen, bottoming out after about an inch of travel, no matter where the lockout dial is set.  I’m no expert in forks, I just let the air out to see if it was stopping mechanically or not, and I’d say it’s borked.

Quick look online suggests it’s an easy fix, but really should go back to CRC to sort out.  Not sure if they’ll ask for the bike back or just the fork – either way it’ll take ages as we’re in Spain.

What’s the best thing to do?  Hold off returning it til we’ve had a go at fixing it and hope they don’t notice if we can’t?

Would they authorise an LBS to repair it (who I’m sure would be thrilled to help…) to keep the warranty intact?

davy-g
    Free Member

sounds like the proverbial oil seal on the damper side of things is kaput…..

bob_summers

that’s what I gathered from googling – simple enough to fix but should we?

davy-g
    Free Member

I would do the repair very carefully… and if that don’t sort the problem out then I would fire it back to CRC…. (and deny,deny,deny all knowledge of any attempt at DIY …LOL)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘More Rockshox Reba problems (but new ones)’ is closed to new replies.