Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • More roadie chat – cranks
  • MountainMutant
    Free Member

Have a set of FSA SL-K BB30 Compact cranks on my Supersix. Four months out of warranty and I noticed play in the pedals…or so I thought.

Its not the pedals, its the metal threads in the carbon crank arms that have become loose so basically a buggered set of cranks.

I’ve not contacted FSA yet but don’t hold out much hope.

Looking at replacing with Rotor 3d+ at the moment. Anyone got them or anything to say about them? Any experience of the Q rings or stick with the normal rings?

MM

Rorschach
    Free Member

Definitely worth giving fsa (via windwave) a shout.They have been very good at sorting out this issue in the past.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Even out of warranty?

Will have to go through the purchasing store I guess. Meaning ill be without cranks for weeks 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JB
    Free Member

apparently a common problem

100mphplus
    Free Member

One of my cranks did exactly the same last year which I bought in 2009 and they replaced them without question. Go onto windwave site and email them, they will ask you to fill in a returns form which is available on the site, you will also have to send proof of purchase to to prove they are not a grey item.

Had to wait about 3 months for the replacements to turn up, but still got a complete crankset and BB in return even though I only returned the damaged crank 😀

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Looks like I will have to buy new cranks then, even if they do replace them. I can’t do without cranks for 3 months!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘More roadie chat – cranks’ is closed to new replies.