Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)
  • More Religion on the Beeb
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Forget Brexit and Trump the beeb has decided it needs to increase spending and coverage of old religous cults.

Proof if needed that the organisation is run by fruitcakes.

How do I opt out?

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t pay the license fee?

Edukator
    Free Member

I seem to remember that the Beeb runs under a charter from the head of the Church of England. To be expected if so.

geetee1972
    Free Member

How do I opt out?

As Kenny Everett once said ‘You’ve got a knob, use it’.

nickhit3
    Free Member

and the person running that shift…is an atheist! go figure. personally i couldnt care less.

Spin
    Free Member

The beeb needs to represent the diversity of license payers. Lots of folk still have faith and pay a license fee so it seems pretty fair to me.

Drac

Fumin…discuting..thiz..iz,,,,not,,,,,what,,,I,,,payed,,,my,,,lysense,,,free,,four

Jamie
    Free Member

and the person running that shift…is an atheist! go figure. personally i couldnt care less.

I don’t think the op cares either. Probably just stubbed their toe, or Maggie in accounts took the last of the milk….DESPITE IT CLEARLY BEING LABELLED WITH OP’S NAME…and is projecting his frustrations onto the BBC.

nickhit3
    Free Member

God is a gas anyway.

wilburt
    Free Member

I dont have milk and accounts is now offshore.

Religious interest in rhe UK is at an all time low and declining making the rationale given for this change even less plausible.

Jamie
    Free Member

Religious interest in rhe UK is at an all time low

All the more reason to try and boost its profile, no?

darrell
    Free Member

no Jamie, no

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Awaiting the BBC’s concern with “balance” to be outlined, regarding this propaganda assault.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I don’t like football.

The BBC show Match of the Day EVERY WEEK! Every single week! This is intolerable and shows that they are run by fruitcakes.

How do I opt out?

Oh yeah. That’s right. I don’t watch it, and enjoy something from the 99.9995% or so of their content that isn’t about kickball instead

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CFH, but it’s cooler to complain about religion. It makes you look more knowledgeable…. surely you know that?

codybrennan
    Free Member

wilburt – Member
    Forget Brexit and Trump the beeb has decided it needs to increase spending and coverage of old religous cults.

Proof if needed that the organisation is run by fruitcakes.

How do I opt out?

Anyway, never mind all that- what are you getting everyone for Christmas?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Football is a distraction for people who need to watch a sport.

Religion is a disgraceful attempt to prevent progress and enlightenment by brainwashing children into dogmas based on superstition.

The moderator is using a straw man argument to try and appear “even-handed” or the like, but in fact is merely aiding the forces of regression in their attempt to return us to the Middle Ages.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Merry Christmas Woppit!

avdave2

Bring in the Match of the Day format to the religious programmes, post sermon analyse and replays is what we need.

globalti
    Free Member

Well said Woppit.

Religious fatalism is the greatest enemy of people in developing countries. Your family is wiped out in a minibus crash or your child dies because it is given fake drugs in hospital or a politician steals all the country’s money. What do you say? “It’s the will of God, what can I do?”

kayla1
    Free Member

avdave2- 😆

But yeah, **** religion.

kerley
    Free Member

“It’s the will of God, what can I do?”

Is that similar to the will of the people? Both are crap.

kerley
    Free Member

Religious fatalism is the greatest enemy of people in developing countries.

Do they watch the BBC too, bet they haven’t even got licenses.

matt_outandabout

How do I opt out?

Step off the high horse and turn the tv off?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A seasonal anti-religion thread. Wonderful

How the celebrations at the altars of gluttony and conspicuous consumption are more fulfilling for all

Bloody Auntie

Drac

Religious fatalism is the greatest enemy of people in developing countries.

Not disease, famine or war then?

slowoldman

Bring in the Match of the Day format to the religious programmes, post sermon analyse and replays is what we need.

With Bernice as a pundit.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’m all for it if we get exposure to a wider selection of religious music from around the world:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOibIxl3dLo[/video]

hodgynd
    Free Member

Really ..another **** religion thread ?

avdave2

With Bernice as a pundit.

Well I was thinking of Woppit in the role of analyst in the manner of Alan Hansen, “you’ll never win anything with god”

bikebouy
    Free Member

In times of disruption and change, uncertainty and dissatisfaction some people turn to Religion for guidance.
    Some people turn to KFC or 2ltr bottles of coke.

I know who’d I’d side with.

If you’re not happy with Religion being on TV, turn it off.

doris5000

strictly come dancing exists.

How do I opt out of this cold, mirthless existence?

BillMC

The most unequal and oppressive societies in the world also tend to be the most religious. So with the car crash that the UK is becoming with falling incomes, underfunded services, housing crisis, gig economy the beeb deems that all it has to offer is more religion to fall in line with this trend. If the telly were to reflect religious participation rather than identification then your aerials will soon be pointing east.
    Fortunately I don’t need to turn it over, or off.

burgatedicky

🙄
    I’d tune in for more if this!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not disease, famine or war then?

A lot of the treatment and cures of fatal diseases are being ignored in developing countries due to religious teachings: can’t use condoms so you roll the dice with AIDS, and don’t go to the western doctors if you have malaria or Ebola and use their evil western medicine – go to your local priest or witchdoctor and eat some dried Lion testicals ground with camel dung and say a prayer instead.

We’ve been there on war and the religious justifications and the part religious dogma plays in recruiting people to fight wars before – it’s a chicken before the egg argument. We often say the AK47 is the most lethal weapon ever devised by man, but a man is required to use an AK47 and in most cases the man who does operate it is doing so after being whipped up to fight for religious reasons. So religion as a weapon to recruit the AK47 operators is a far more dangerous and lethal weapon.

Do they watch the BBC too, bet they haven’t even got licenses.

They may not watch the BBC, but we’re often told they listen to the BBC World Service though.

Cougar

Really ..another **** religion thread ?

And here you are, reading it and commenting on it.

There are 877,176 threads on the forum. There is probably almost as many TV programmes. Watch / read something else. In’t choice brilliant?

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm. Shall I join in or not? What do you think?

mikey3
    Free Member

Who cares.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It depends whether or not your “devil’s advocate” costume is back from the cleaners I should think, molgrips…

DezB
    Free Member

The irony is, the Beeb intend to have less debating/arguing about religion.
    Leave that to the ‘net eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘More Religion on the Beeb’ is closed to new replies.