Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • More nice things
  • leffeboy

In a continuing theme of happiness today, I went in search of something that a friend had spotted in town last week:

It’s a bike workstand and tools that someone has gone and installed in the street. It’s not outside a shop or anything like that – it’s just in the street for folks to come and fix their bikes. There is even an ‘instruction manual’ but it mainly seems to show how to open a bottle of beer with the tools available

Still awesome though 🙂

wwaswas

I went in search of something that a friend had spotted in town last week

the fact it is still there and unvandalised/removed by the council tells me you’re not in a uk town/city 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

Looks like Europe…Germany perhaps.

The order they have in their society (when I lived their) put ours to shame. :mrgreen:

paddy0091
    Free Member

take it down, health and safety risk.

noteeth
    Free Member

If that was installed in a UK street, it would be vandalised within 0.3 seconds. And the Daily Mail would mistake it for a wind-turbine. 😥

DezB
    Free Member

If that was installed in a UK street, it would be vandalised within 0.3 seconds

Not on my street it wouldn’t. 😛

leffeboy

And the Daily Mail would mistake it for a wind-turbine

🙂

I looked into it a bit more. The guy who put it up also does a roadside bike repair service on wed evenings between 5 and 7 (not there but round the corner I think), but the idea seems to be not to use anything that is new – you have to keep it going with stuff that is old or has been thrown out.

There are some great people around but you would have to be driven to do it

RoterStern
    Free Member

Judging by the OP’s name I would suggest that it is in Belgium, perhaps? My LBS do the same outside their shop. Till now no one has nicked anything. They also have a Schwalbe inner-tube dispensing machine outside too which is a great idea.

leffeboy

They also have a Schwalbe inner-tube dispensing machine outside too which is a great idea.

Top idea

and yes Brussels. The bar in the background is called ‘Moeder Lambic’ and is somewhere you must go to if you visit Brussels. It has a huge selection of beers from all over the country and an awesome beer menu

scruff
    Free Member

SO, why in Belguim dont folk get drunk in the bar then go over to the bike maintenance thing and kick it until its broke ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

leffeboy – Member
    The bar in the background is called ‘Moeder Lambic’ and is somewhere you must go to if you visit Brussels. It has a huge selection of beers from all over the country and an awesome beer menu

I must hassle my friend there who’s not taken me to it 😉

leffeboy

😳

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘More nice things’ is closed to new replies.