• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • More HTC Desire Questions (sorry!)
  • Kit
    Free Member

1) Does it charge from USB?
    2) Can you use it as a modem (WiFi/3G/GSM/etc)?
    3) Any decent games for it e.g. Plants vs Zombies?

Thinking of picking one up today 🙂

muggomagic

1) Yes
    2) Yes – and if it is running the 2.2 OS you can set it up as a WiFi hotspot
    3) There aren't that many, but then I don't really play games on the phone so haven't looked too hard. The only game I play on it is Carrom 3D pro which is a snooker and pool game.

MrGreedy

3) Air Control, Alchemy and Abduction are enjoyable recent downloads for me (games beginning with other letters also available). Obviously you need Sudoku, Chess and Solitaire on there too…

ButtonMoon

Are you sure about the WiFi?

I cannot do that with my desire? Id be interested to learn how to do it.
    Even if it is possible most tarrifs are limited to 1gb.

househusband

Kit – WTF? You're gonna be a s-t-o-o-d-e-n-t…

muggomagic

yes buttonmoon i'm absolutely sure. if your desire is running android 2.2 it's there. it's most likely that this and tethering are the reason that unlimited data tariffs are a thing of the past

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Wordfeud is pretty good.

Rickos
    Free Member

Another question if you don't mind the hijack.

I use mine for work e-mail using a Microsoft Exchange web based server and Outlook. When I forward a message it sends it as an attachment that then can't be read by someone also picking up mail on their Desire. What digs, brudder?

IA

You can tether on a pre 2.2 android phone, if you root it, with barnacle wifi.

verses

1) What the others said – Plus I charge it using my XBox360's USB ports as well as the PC and the bundled plug-to-USB adaptor.
    2) What the others said – Plus I think if you "root" it you can do it on versions before 2.2 too.
    3) I like Shoot U, Space Physics, Blow Up, Robo Defense, Abduction, Trap, among others…

stuartm555
    Free Member

You can tether on 2.1 with a cable via HTC Sync

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I became addicted to "teeter" That is one the phone! I got so engrossed on the train last night the bloke next to me had to tell me I kept tutting when the ball went down a hole!! Get one they are great only had mine since tuesday and can't get music on mine ..grrrrrrrrr

Kit
    Free Member

Cheers guys, and O2 are still offering unlimited data until September.

househusband – I've got some pocket money set aside to buy one and going for a cheap online SIM only tariff 🙂

IA

If you want a cheap sim only, I can heartily recommend http://www.giffgaff.com. If you want to go with them and want a free sim with £5 credit on let me know, I'll do the recommend a friend thing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

may not be as cheap as it looks…

Free Mobile Internet:
    You lucky giffgaff pioneers can even enjoy free UK mobile Internet up to the 1st of October 2010. After that date, mobile Internet will be charged at 50p a day (if you use less than 2.5MB/day you'll pay less than 50p and if you go over 30MB you'll be charged extra at 20p/MB).

IA

Well, that's exactly what it looks like? Don't see what you're getting at. Yes, it's been amazingly cheap up till the end of october, at which point it's still cheaper than anyone else, and on O2s network which is decent (And I still get £5 a month off my o2 broadband)

£10 for 100texts/minutes and unlimited data for a month is pretty good to me…
    (and £5 for that till the end of the month).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lack of clarity on data pricing is my point.

IA

As opposed to pretty much any other PAYG tariff? Where it's also buried deep. It says it's only free till the 1st October right on the page where it tells you all their prices:

http://giffgaff.com/index/offer

Seems clear to me.

Just looked:
    O2, similar, but to get the costs out of "bundle" you need to head 3 clicks into T&Cs
    Given up on finding them on vodafone, all i could find was a reference in the T&Cs to "pricing plan" but the price plan page didn't list data.
    Orange are probably the best, one click through again, but they have a nice table.

So I'd argue lack of clarity is an issue across the industry. So, to be fair, I do concede your point having just argued it for you 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘More HTC Desire Questions (sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.