Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 252 total)
  • More G20 disproportionate police actions.
  • trailmonkey

OK, enlighten me. What possible evidence can be presented that will cause that incident to be viewed as being anything other than assault ?

yossarian
    Free Member

bye!

make sure you take your numbers off first!

easygirl

mister gnar,
    why would i kick the shit out of them all, are you dyslexic
    thats not what i said, christ its annoying on this forum, its like the wording gets jumbled to how you want to read it.
    never mind, wont bother myself with this, whatever i say will be wrong, ill leave you to a unfounded, one sided lynching
    good luck

yossarian
    Free Member

bye!

make sure you take your numbers off first!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Please try and justify it…..in some way. Your arguement is that there might be more to it. Something before or after the video which ads context or justification.

I can’t imagine how that can possibly be the case.

I hardly think it’s totally irrational to form an opinion based on that video. Had it been 3 seconds of her simply getting struck, one might imagine some sort of context to justify – it could be anything ie the woman strikes the police officer first but as it stands I cant see what you could possibly waiting to hear.

You’ve also not addressed any questions about training or what constitutes a proportionate response and whether that applies both ways.

All you’ve said is there might be more to it….like what?

easygirl

trail monkey,
    ill try again
    im NOT saying this is what happened, and im not condoning any unlawful action,
    BUT
    a scenario similar to the met one would be
    Officer confronted by small female shouting and swearing
    officer has intelligence re this group that they are intent on disrupting demo, some tactics used by such groups, are getting close to officers, spraying them with cs, stealing cuffs, putting tie wraps on wrists, etc etc
    Female does not move back, moves closer again, officer cant get to baton, and decides that threat meand a pre-emptive strike is warrantied to repel the female, he strikes her in the face.
    After the strike she continues to move forward, this signals that she is intent on either assaulting offiecr, disrupting demo,officer then draws baton and strikes female to legs, which is a recognised low level strike area.
    an arest in this instance would not be appropriate because of the lack of resources and overwhelming numbers opf protesters

OR
    the officer could have lost in totally and cracked an innocent woman acrpss the face in the heat of the moment for no reason

scenario 1- officer should be fully protected from prosecution

Scenario 2- officer should be disciplined/charged with assault

easygirl

reasonable force could be a push in the chest
    or hitting somone over the head with a baton resulting in their death.

it all depends what the situation a police officer is facing
    if he /she was surrounded by 6 drunken thugs alone and they were armed with clubs and knives, a proportinate response might be to hit somone over the head with a baton resulting in death, it might be talk your way out of it. Thats the problem, its subjective, and every officer will be different, some will be confident street fighters, some will be scared shitless, and panic, some officers can talk their way out of most situatiions, some cant.

duntmatter
    Free Member

What is this ‘full protection from prosecution’? Surely the CPS look at the file and consider the public benefit and the likelihood of the charges sticking? Is there some secret procedure I’m not aware of?

trailmonkey

easygirl, I’ve been the victim of police brutality, too many times to believe any of that carp.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

officer has intelligence

LOL!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Well thank you, now we can debate again without it seeming like we are just typing YES-NO-YES. Regardless, we know that the officer will use scenario 1 to justify his actions regardless of the truth.

From the video we can see no cable ties, hand cuffs or cs spray. So the police officers initial slap is unwarranted. The protester has just been assaulted and is understandably more aggravated. The police officer escalates the level of force he uses to deal with a situation he created.

The police are in an unassailable position here. If you disobey them you pose a threat. If you pose a threat you can be beaten with impunity. All it takes is the police officers suspicion to merit a beating. But I suppose they are so highly skilled and highly trained we should take their word.

it all depends what the situation a police officer is facing
    if he /she was surrounded by 6 drunken thugs alone and they were armed with clubs and knives, a proportinate response might be to hit somone over the head with a baton resulting in death, it might be talk your way out of it. Thats the problem, its subjective, and every officer will be different, some will be confident street fighters, some will be scared shitless, and panic, some officers can talk their way out of most situatiions, some cant.

So it could be pot luck, depending on the individual police officer you encounter whether you live or die? Whatever happened to training? Perhaps the woman was lucky to be beaten by that large male officer – had she encountered a less confident officer she might have been bludgeoned to death for the crime of not obeying due to the police officers fear of the possibility of having concealed weapons, due to the fact the officer was less than confident in her ability to deal with a possible attack.

It’s a good thing you lot don’t carry guns – some innocent people might get hurt.

Surely if you can’t deal with a small unarmed woman in a non violent way then you simply shouldn’t be a police officer?

duntmatter
    Free Member
    easygirl

tell you what, i thought you may be reasonable, so ill sign off with a

**** off

easygirl

**** idiots

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s not very nice behaviour, for a police constable… 🙁

I dunno. Standards have slipped. In my day, a copper would give a cheeky young scamp a clip round the ear, and no-one would bat an eyelid.

easygirl

at least you made me laugh, im sat here pissing myself at the sheer stupidity of the argument, you twist everything to suit your view

you should be police officers

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

At least you didnt beat me. I thought I was reasonable by the way – I believe if you dont have the training or personality to cope you shouldnt be in the job. I do believe the officer will justify his actions as described and I believe that you/they are in a win win situation when challenged.

You might think differently when you’ve seen teams of police using brush shafts to clear the barrels of their overheating plastic bullet guns so they can shoot people in the back as they run away or indeed innocent bystanders.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I hope easygirl is not ever in a crowd-control situation. He/she can’t even handle an internet forum discussion, without resorting to foul abusive language. God help anyone who get’s in their way, at a legitimate political protest… 😯

easygirl

if i could find out where you livec i would beat you!

wouldent really, im traffic warden, not a police officer, colour blind couldent get in, ill clamp your bike if i find it 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

😯

Lovely Rita, meter maid…

easygirl

internet forums should be for balanced discussions based on fact, not an area to make unfounded assumptions on mimimal facts
    but who wants the truth to get in the way of a good story eh

easygirl

thats my girlfriend, how did you get that picture?

easygirl

thats a huge watch on her wrist

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

easygirl
    internet forums should be for balanced discussions based on fact, not an area to make unfounded assumptions on mimimal facts
    but who wants the truth to get in the way of a good story eh

Only time, or a court case will tell. Who will remember to bump the thread.

easygirl

if hes assaulted a member of the public or used excessive force he needs dealing with
    if its reasonable he was doing his job

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sorry. Not meant to offend. I’m sure some traffic wardens are quite nice! 😀

DrJ

**** off

She swore – can we all beat her with sticks now?

trailmonkey

No she’s too tall, she might hit us back 😯

brack
    Free Member

Funny how all of the people who are protesting against the police officer’s violent actions,and advocating freedom of speech….appear to be quite vulgar, aggressive, and the ones who are shouting every one else down.

Quite angry boys aren’t you??

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You what? YOU **** WHAAAT??????? 👿

Dunno. Thought it were those defending the police actions, that were using the more inflamatory rhetoric, really.

brack
    Free Member

Just out of interest rudeboy…how old are you?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Old enough to know better….

brack
    Free Member

Im thinking teenager?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Not thinking very hard then, are you?

brack
    Free Member

Errm don’t really think I need to.

Don’t think youve progressed much if you aren’t a teenager.

Ok…20?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

brack
    Funny how all of the people who are protesting against the police officer’s violent actions,and advocating freedom of speech….appear to be quite vulgar, aggressive, and the ones who are shouting every one else down.

Yes it is funny seeing as how easygirl was the first person to swear at any other member when she was dishing out personal abuse. Just because we are persistent doesn’t make us aggressive. Read the thread.

ed80 – Member
    Looks like the mouthy bitch was being a pain in the arse. If anyone but a filth had slapped her it would be job well done but I guess they need to be a bit more careful since they do it for a living.

mick (firestarter) . and ive spent the last almost 20 years in the army and now fire service and have had to deal with some right ****.

brack
    Free Member

OOh and now heres another one….like the group attack don’t you!?

Rich
    Free Member

Ive just been looking at various videos of people getting attacked at the protests, and every one has been the police attacking protestors.

They werent fighting each other, they are all totally one sided. Not very good really is it?! :/

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Tooundred!

winstonsmith

i’d be interested in hearing the mayor of london’s opinion on all of this. what’s that? he won’t comment? oh.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘More G20 disproportionate police actions.’ is closed to new replies.