Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 252 total)
  • More G20 disproportionate police actions.
  • firestarter
    Free Member

ah it becomes much more clear 😉

Rich
    Free Member

The last video Yossarian posted is sickening.

Not one person can be seen striking back, they are all protesting peacefully and passively, only to be repeatedly struck with batons and the edge of shields.

🙁

trailmonkey

RudeBoy – Member
    Personally, I’duv twatted anyone who came near me, and given them a good kicking.

Ever considered a career in the Police Force. You seem to have the right attitude.

richc
    Free Member

what are people worried about, the Police are only battering potential terrorists 😐

Rich
    Free Member

Pretty sure they use these tactics just to put people off attending protests in the future.

“Be quiet and fall in line, your opinion counts for nothing.”

sd
    Free Member

Rich – Member

The last video Yossarian posted is sickening.

Not one person can be seen striking back, they are all protesting peacefully and passively, only to be repeatedly struck with batons and the edge of shields.

I agree, it looks heavy handed.

Did you see the one woman in red who looks like she is spitting at one of the police (4:23) 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

In light of the G20 event Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson has invited Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Constabulary, Denis O’Connor, to conduct a review of related public order policing tactics.
    Sir Paul said: “G20 was a complex policing operation managing the movement and protection of many heads of state across the capital while balancing the right to lawful protest and maintaining public order for many thousands of people.
    “It is also the case that a number of complaints have been raised in relation to the tactic of containment and as to whether this achieves that balance. I want to be reassured that the use of this tactic remains appropriate and proportionate.
    “Separately, I have already expressed my concern that the video footage of some police actions are clearly disturbing and should be thoroughly investigated. As well as the post-event investigation into those responsible for violence and disorder, I have also ensured that footage in police possession is reviewed to identify any other matters of individual police conduct that may warrant investigation.
    “One matter that I also want to make clear is that uniformed police officers should be identifiable at all times by their shoulder identification numbers. The public has a right to be able to identify any uniformed officer whilst performing their duty. We must ensure this is always the case.”

Looks like this kettling thing is going to be reviewed, among other issues.

I don’t know much about it, other than what’s been in the press, but I do have reservations about it.

Rich
    Free Member

@ sd: Now you were looking hard to find something you have to admit?!

Bet they wanted to do more than that after being treated how they were.

What starts as a simple peaceful protest could then instill hatred for the Police and their policies for life.

Not great customer relations is it?

bikerbaboon
    Free Member

He then uses reasonable force to move the lady back as shes not obeying a command from a police officer who’s looking out for fellow officers.

Did he bollocks! As she was not breaking any Law, she don’t have to ‘obey’ the copper at all. The police are public servants, not the other way around.

ahhh what the hell your right why pay any attention to a police officer.
    I remember when a bomb threat was called in at my sisters school and the police cordend off the area and told us to stay out, Should have just wandered back in while shouting abuse at them. Or that time when there are a multi car pile up on the M1 and the police slowed the trafic to a stop to let rescue workers work I should have just driven passed blairing my horn and throuwing more abuse. I broke no laws why pay any attention to them.

Thanks rudeboy you have opened my eyes to the world wow……..

sd
    Free Member

@ sd: Now you were looking hard to find something you have to admit?!

You are not getting me to admit to anything officer!

Saying that this clip shows a completely different view, I think they must have cycled off before it kicked off 😉

Indymedia video clip G20

Rich
    Free Member

Nice vid, that shows how things can go when people aren’t ‘kettled’ and baton charged. 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

bikerbaboon one obeys the police when their commands / sugestions are lawful or sensible as in the examples you give .One should challenge them when thier actions are clearly wrong or questionable .
    Unfortuanatly too many people commenting on this protest belive they and we are slaves who owe the police unquestioning obedience and trust even when the tide of deliberate lies surrounding Ian Tomlinson are exposed one after the other. The lies(so far) 1, Tomlinson had no contact with police prior to his heart attack ,2 protestors rained bottles on police preventing them helping him, the video shows one plastic bottle thown at totaly unconcerned police 3 protestors stopped the ambulance getting through , video shows protestors part for the ambulance a wall of police block it and refuse to move.

easygirl

yossarian
    great video that proves the point,
    most of these legitimate protests are hijacked by rent a mob muppetts whose only intention is to bait, assault and wind up the police, look at the meat heads in the background when the m.p is speaking, i bet their dad and brother are the same person

yossarian
    Free Member

you’re a copper aren’t you easygirl? Your complete ignorance of the wider picture is both amusing and disappointing.

easygirl

no, just cant believe that people only see one side of a story, open your eyes people.
    there are people out there who make a full time occupation of police baiting, when the police strike back its not pretty, and some officers will probably get sacked, but please dont be so naive to think these are members of the public exercising their right to free speech and democracy.
    They are violent career anarchists

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

easygirl

What’s the pension plan like? I was going to join the police to beat people up but now it seems I have another option.

trailmonkey

As there are violent thug policemen. What’s your point caller ?

easygirl

the point is , a lot of relevant, non violent events are hijacked and overshadowed by the said nob heads

easygirl

pension not that good for anarchists
    but you do get more than your fair share of beatings to compensate

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

easygirl
    the point is , a lot of relevant, non violent events are hijacked and overshadowed by the said nob heads

Where they the same nob heads the police were shoving shields into the faces of? Didn’t look like it. You’re basing your opinion on one 5 second cutaway of two people with masks over their faces, not dissimilar to the masks the police at the g20 were wearing.

bikerbaboon
    Free Member

crankboy

Im not advocating blind obidiance, the Ian Tomlinson issues over the lies is a different matter.
    The officer in this clip request for people to back away was not unresonable considering what was happening behind him and the need for space.

richc
    Free Member

I’ve lost track, you talking about the Police? as from the various videos they seem to fit that description.

easygirl

yossarian,
    you are beyond belief mate
    accusing me of ignorance of the wider picture, when you are trying, convicting and sentencing a police officer of assault , your evidence being a 1 minute video taken by the press. That is a balanced view?.
    as i said before , he may or may not be guilty, but think about the wider picture before showing your ignorance on an open forum. There are people in this country who follow protests on a full time basis to cause problems, they are not law abiding members of the public

grumm
    Free Member

but please dont be so naive to think these are members of the public exercising their right to free speech and democracy.

Watch the video of the climate camp in London being broken up – looks exactly like they are exercising their right to free speech and democracy to me, and being beaten for it.

Generally because the media only focus on the few people who do cause trouble, who are often stirred up by unnecessarily aggressive policing.

easygirl

ermmmm, cant remember if it was the police or protesters i was on about, only on here cos my knees hurting and ive nowt better to do

yossarian
    Free Member

most of these legitimate protests are hijacked by rent a mob muppetts whose only intention is to bait, assault and wind up the police

dont be so naive to think these are members of the public exercising their right to free speech and democracy.

Are you quoting your boss verbatim there?

I suggest its YOU that needs to open your eyes. The suppression of legitimate demonstrations does not uphold our freedoms, it undermines them. Nob heads shouting stuff is NO excuse for unacceptable and disporportionate police violence against the general public.

May I remind you that you are a public servant? May i remind you that you are duty bound to protect my right to protest against anything i see fit to protest about without shoving your riot shield into my face because someone else is shouting rude words at your colleague?

I am ashamed of the police for the role they have played in recent times and I suspect that many are uncomfortable with what is now playing out in the public eye – are you?

mt
    Free Member

everytime one of those work shy so called protesters gets a smack on the head it’s better that tax money has not been wasted on just them, at least the copper is payed from the same pot as the scroungers. Perhaps we should start showing all protests and riots on live tv, then we could have betting. that would raise a bit more cash, tax and put it into the issue that is being protested about. Bigger the protest, more fights more cash for what ever. Then we could perhaps have professional protesters who would become superstar in the their chosen area. Like most footy fans we could all sit at home pontificating about it but knowing nothing and do nothing.

easygirl

ive got it now…….
    the police are thick stupid violent thugs, who dont care about anyone only them selves, and are hell bent on beating the living daylights out of anyone they come across, and dont forget thats not 1 police man, thats every single last scum bag pig in the country

and the protesters, all of them, every last one, are innocent grannys and mothers who are exercising their right to protest about the closure of their local post office.
    Or trying to get home through the protest , only to be assaulted by above scumbags.

Think thats the general consensus

RudeBoy
    Free Member

bikerbabbon; don’t try turning that into something it’s not. How can you equate the situations you mention, with one where police are quite clearly simply being aggressive and violent? They wanted people to move back, so they they could contain the crowd the way they had been ordered to. Orders which the police themselves are now questioning.

The police acted in a manner that impeded a legitimate public demonstration. They acted unlawfully on several occasions. We’ve seen the video proof.

Sorry, you can ‘obey’ some Neanderthal thug if you want; I’ll exercise my right to freedom. Those demonstrators had a right to be there. The police had no right to try to move them on, or impede their progress.

ski
    Free Member

Wonder what the pros and cons career wise for both sides of “rent a mob”?

Pay, uniform, nice pension, get to play with some interesting toys, being able to say your nicked for real

or

No pay, no pension, free time, loads of travelling

😉

easygirl

yossarian,
    read your previous post about not going out on the street helping a fellow human being who was in trouble because there were 3 beating up on him….
    i would be there mate , helping him out while you quivered behind your lace curtains

trailmonkey

ive got it now…….
    the police are thick stupid violent thugs, who dont care about anyone only them selves, and are hell bent on beating the living daylights out of anyone they come across, and dont forget thats not 1 police man, thats every single last scum bag pig in the country

and the protesters, all of them, every last one, are innocent grannys and mothers who are exercising their right to protest about the closure of their local post office.
    Or trying to get home through the protest , only to be assaulted by above scumbags.

Think thats the general consensus

No, we’re talking about one violent thug, who is filmed back handing a small lady across the face then stooping down to club her across the back of the legs.
    By condoning his actions, it is you who are drawing a parallel between him and other officers.
    I’d just give up on this one if I were you.

easygirl

mister gnar, im basing my opinions on attending dozens of events over the years, and seeing normal law abiding citizens, who the police protect have their protest hijacked by yobs, sorry mate thats the real world, not some furry, tree hugging, world where everything is black and white.

yossarian
    Free Member

easygirl – i didn’t know he was getting a kicking, only realised afterwards when a passerby raised the alarm – hence my pondering. Nice to see you have done your homework – shows I’ve touched a nerve. 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What, all of them? Every single demonstrator there was a ‘violent career anarchist’?

Is your knee really giving you gip? You seem somewhat angry about something…

…are you a copper?

easygirl

trail monkey,
    please read back, i am not condoning or defending this action,
    please read my posts fully.
    WE DONT KNOW THE FULL STORY,
    or do you take the word of the press as gospel, is all you read in the news true.
    All im saying is wait and see. it looks awful on video, it always does when this happens, but in reality, it can sometimes be a different story when he full facts are known, and we dont know the full facts, we dont evenm know a quarter of the facts, thats all i am saying , try to be balanced in your views

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

easygirl – Member
    mister gnar, im basing my opinions on attending dozens of events over the years, and seeing normal law abiding citizens, who the police protect have their protest hijacked by yobs, sorry mate thats the real world, not some furry, tree hugging, world where everything is black and white.

Ah that’s alright then, kick the shit out of all of them. Enjoy it while your at it.

easygirl
    WE DONT KNOW THE FULL STORY,
    or do you take the word of the press as gospel, is all you read in the news true.
    All im saying is wait and see. it looks awful on video, it always does when this happens, but in reality, it can sometimes be a different story when he full facts are known, and we dont know the full facts, we dont evenm know a quarter of the facts, thats all i am saying , try to be balanced in your views

Feel free to speculate…..try and justify it. Imagine you’re the cop trying to justify it to his superiors (which he’ll probably never have to do)

“There was a small woman shouting at me BLAN BLANK BLANK…..and so I beat her around the legs”

Care to try and fill in the blanks in an even remotely plausible justifiable way.

easygirl

ohhh, got to go theres a 12 year old at the front of our house, hes dropped a crisp packet, going to give him a thrashing, little shit

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘More G20 disproportionate police actions.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM