Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • More excellent service from HOPE
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

I am publicly praising Hope here – I sent my 5 year old pro 2 rear wheel back because the hub shell split, they returned a brand new pro 2 evo hub in the same specs, all new apart from the steel freehub. New bearings, seals, pawls etc. Yes, I have to build the wheel, but they didn’t charge a penny, not even for return postage. The front hub is still on the original bearings…

Thanks Hope!

mjsmke

This is one of the reasons i just bought some hope hoops with Pro 2 Evos.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you’d not dismantled it they’d re-build it too (well they did mine anyway)

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Just sent my 3 month old pro 2 rear back with what seemed like seized bearings… Seems very strange with all the good i hear about them, my LBS checked a new wheel he had just finished building with a hub he bought in the same batch and that bearing was notched so he sent both of em back… Havent heard yet but OP gives me hope (heh) for a quick and painless turnaround from them 🙂

Anyone else had bearing issues?

2orangey4crows

I’m a big fan of Hope customer service.

Sent my 2 year old Tech X2 lever back after what looked like a crack appeared on the lever body next to the hose join. 2 days later a new brake arrived. Hope every time for me (well, wallet permitting).

tracknicko
    Free Member

just took a VERY old rear hub apart. such a shame the 20mm hubs cant rock the bearings they used to.

still on the same main bearings as far as i can tell, just switched the freehub ones and that’s it.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Well just got a call from the LBS, my wheel is already back!

4 (working) days turnaround door to door.

Color me impressed!

🙂

mauja
    Free Member

Also had a good experience with them, sent my Pro 3 off on Monday had a call today to say it’s fixed and should be back with me tomorrow.

thered

And yet I sent my mates back cos the bearings had collapsed and it took over 2 weeks to come back and they had to be repeatedly phoned cos they promised it’d be done twice before they actually did it. Then failed to post it out.

They also wouldn’t sell me straight pull spokes for a set of hope hoops, had to go thru shop who of course have to place a minimum order and have to pay 8 quid shipping (for spokes) or something mental.

Maybe it’s just me

Swalsey
    Free Member

the red – perhaps it depends which member of staff you get. Last year they sorted my 4 year old hope lights out with new power leads again for free (2 batteries and 1 lamp). At least you got sorted in the end!

cynic-al
    Free Member

None of my shimano hubs, including 22 year old xt hubs and 9 year old xtrs, have suffered from this problem.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

None of my shimano hubs, including 22 year old xt hubs and 9 year old xtrs, have suffered from this problem.

Lucky you. I have had my Shimano hubs apart for servicing more times than I care to mention and I have seen a Cannock chase winter reduce my Shimano XT rear hub to gritty mess.

breadcrumb

This, hubs that don’t split in the first place.

mooman
    Free Member

I too in the Hope Appreciation Group.
    A phone call away from fixing any problem.
    Worth spending a little more for their great after sales warranty.

badbob
    Free Member

had some merlin built, XT hubbed wheels, just starting out in biking 3 years ago, ace wheels, well built, BUT

the XT hubs had a issue with the lock nuts coming undone, i knew nothing about this, just enjoyed riding, but the rear wheel/hub was eating it self, sadly cup and cones were scored, very ruff

now i use HOPE hubs, and rather not use shimano hubs, but if i did, would rebuild them and make sure, everything is tight and well adjusted, you only get one chance with shimano hubs

Swalsey
    Free Member

I do like the shimano hubs and I’ve seen less of their shells fail, but Hope are a) local, b) supportive, c) coloured and d) easily adapted to difference standards. Even if they do fail you are not stuck for long!

If money were no object I’d still go Chris King – hope like serviceability but without the bearing changes. Not sure the shell is any less prone to failure though, you hear of them failing less often but I imagine there are far more Hope hubs in the world!

juan
    Free Member

Well this thread reminded me I needed an info about one of their product.
    Called hope. Bloke on the phone very nice, very helpfull, answered my question nicely and quickly.
    I’d like to see you trying that with shimano.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What info did you need juan, an lbs could probably provide it re shimano hubs, rather than you having to bother contacting the mfr.

juan
    Free Member

well I did contact the mfr to avoid more work to my LBS 😀

cuberider
    Free Member

Was disappointed when my Pro 3 hubs failed in less than 8 months. Hope replaced the hubs and rebuilt the wheels (Hoops) no questions asked.

Yes, great service.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘More excellent service from HOPE’ is closed to new replies.