Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • More comedy, but in a different vein
  • One of our local night clubby type places does a monthly comedy night

They use the Manfords comedy club franchise (Jason’s brother Colin often comperes)

It’s three comedians plus the compere – usually get at least two really good ones and the compere is usually good

Octobers was hilarious from start to finish – didn’t stop belly laughing for 2hrs

Highly recommend it if you have one near you

Premier Icon redthunder
    Free Member

Comedy franchise….. did not know there was such a thing.

Interesting.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

As you are not that far from me OP, which club? Can’t usually be arsed travelling into the comedy club in Nottingham so smaller venues appeal.

Premier Icon the-muffin-man

I guess it’s The Loft in Matlock. We keep meaning to go but never quite get round to it!

https://manfordscomedyclub.com/venues/the-loft-matlock/

As you are not that far from me OP, which club? Can’t usually be arsed travelling into the comedy club in Nottingham so smaller venues appeal.

As Tim says ^^ yes, it’s the Loft

Quite small capacity, so quite intimate – is always full

Been to loads of them pre-covid, this was the first one we’ve been to since – will definitely be going to Novembers

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Will bear it in mind, thanks

Premier Icon scaredypants

There’s one is Southampton too – it’s him supporting newer comics according to the posters

The 2 I’ve been to were pretty good but I suppose it’s luck of the draw

Premier Icon Cougar

(Jason’s brother Colin often comperes)

Small world, he works in a pub in Oswaldtwistle (or at least, did pre-lockdown). I’ve done many a pub quiz there with him as quizmaster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.