Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • More comedy, but in a different vein
  • One of our local night clubby type places does a monthly comedy night

They use the Manfords comedy club franchise (Jason’s brother Colin often comperes)

It’s three comedians plus the compere – usually get at least two really good ones and the compere is usually good

Octobers was hilarious from start to finish – didn’t stop belly laughing for 2hrs

Highly recommend it if you have one near you

redthunder
    Free Member

Comedy franchise….. did not know there was such a thing.

Interesting.

MoreCashThanDash

As you are not that far from me OP, which club? Can’t usually be arsed travelling into the comedy club in Nottingham so smaller venues appeal.

the-muffin-man

I guess it’s The Loft in Matlock. We keep meaning to go but never quite get round to it!

https://manfordscomedyclub.com/venues/the-loft-matlock/

As you are not that far from me OP, which club? Can’t usually be arsed travelling into the comedy club in Nottingham so smaller venues appeal.

As Tim says ^^ yes, it’s the Loft

Quite small capacity, so quite intimate – is always full

Been to loads of them pre-covid, this was the first one we’ve been to since – will definitely be going to Novembers

MoreCashThanDash

Will bear it in mind, thanks

scaredypants

There’s one is Southampton too – it’s him supporting newer comics according to the posters

The 2 I’ve been to were pretty good but I suppose it’s luck of the draw

Cougar

(Jason’s brother Colin often comperes)

Small world, he works in a pub in Oswaldtwistle (or at least, did pre-lockdown). I’ve done many a pub quiz there with him as quizmaster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘More comedy, but in a different vein’ is closed to new replies.