• This topic has 229 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 30 posts - 201 through 230 (of 230 total)
  • More Colin Furze lunacy
  • sirromj

Just watched that. Yes definitely qualifies as lunacy 😂

theotherjonv

Is it actually a job, what do the risk assessments say for that sort of activity (without getting too pedantic, spraying the barn stealth black without masks and moulding concrete with bare hands probably doesn’t meet a method statement either….)

DickBarton

Unsure it is a job but it is great way to earn a living (and going by numbers of views, I don’t think it is just making a living)…if he got all health and safety and sensible then he’d lose his lunacy mad creator in the shed look…although I think that has long gone now he has his new place.

Klunk
    Free Member

the tie launcher is gemius LOL

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

there was a tips video but that was far too sensible for this thread 😀 so back to the lunacy!

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

squirrelking
    Free Member

Was just thinking about this either last night or this morning, just the bunker would be brilliant.

That garage is going to be frickin awesome.

RustyNissanPrairie

I’d love to know what his neighbours think and if they know what he’s actually up to!

Klunk
    Free Member

not quite so secret tunnel 🙂

kayak23

How does he actually get allowed to do all this in a suburb?
    I’m amazed he’s able to. 😳

His neighbours must be VERY understanding, or maybe they’ve all been bought? 😂

Klunk
    Free Member

Write to him and ask, I’m sure Colin Furze, Stamford should find him 😉

riddoch

One of his earlier tunnel videos had one of his neighbours in It and didn’t seem to be the least bit bothered. Pretty sure he had to get planning permission so should be easy to see if there was any objections.

riddoch

Seems to be a case of build it then seek forgiveness, actually do you need planning if nothing is visible?

https://prod.publicaccess.southkesteven.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=RA0MHOONHE600&activeTab=summary

martinhutch

Interested to know what interactions he’s having with Planning and Building Control over his latest massive driveway sinkhole! I know the vibe of the channel is all about spontaneity and not wandering around in hi-viz and a helmet, but he must have had to get some pretty thorough calcs before embarking on this.

But then again, the latest vid has him musing about whether the structure will cope with the weight of a concrete slab on top…

woodster

It’s a great project and I do like his attitude of just getting on with it, but I would definitely be a little wary if I was his neighbour

I’m surprised he hasn’t decided to move somewhere with a bit more land, but I suppose once you’ve built an underground bunker then you’re probably committed to staying put.

reluctantjumper

He hasn’t actually lived there for ages, it’s more a sort of office and film set for him now. He lives there when doing multiple days in a row but the family house is elsewhere. I chatted to him a year or so ago at the Late Brake Show Live in Manchester as part of a small group and he explained that he does indeed get his ideas for the tunnel checked over before doing anything and that the local Building Regs people are fully aware of what he’s doing. The neighbours are also surprisingly cool with it too! He definitely wouldn’t have got so far as he has if anything was amiss.

Oh and his DeLorean is absolutely stunning in the flesh, he drove it to the show through a rain shower and looked brilliant with the fresh rain beaded up all over the Stainless Steel body.

woodster

Ah, that makes sense. I suppose i makes for a more compelling narrative to do all this stuff to a suburban semi than some ex-farm or similar.

I do love a DeLorean, if it wasn’t for that (great) film-series , it’d definitely be a car I’d own.

Klunk
    Free Member

Furze gets paranoid !! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

stumpy01

He started the Stamford Santa Fun Run a couple of weekends ago.
    He wandered past us as we were walking to the start – I said to my Wife, “that’s Colin Furze” and she looked at me, like who the hell is he?

He hung upside down at the start with magnetic boots on and had a Makita powered air-horn with about 5 horns on it.

Klunk
    Free Member

colin goes caving….

gecko76

He started the Stamford Santa Fun Run a couple of weekends ago.

DNF? 

Klunk
    Free Member

Viewing 30 posts - 201 through 230 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.