Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • More bikes stolen from Chalet in morzine
  • tall_martin

Hi. The chalet I’m staying in morzine was broken into last night and 15 bikes were nicked from the garage.

Going to morzine and staying somewhere with “secure bike storage”, when asked about locking the bikes up ” we don’t have a problem here, the staff bikes are in there as well”? Bring your lock and lock it to an immovable object. The two that didn’t go missing had bits removed. Difficult to ride Of to the van? One was locked with a thin combination lock and that was cut.

Stay paranoid. My ground anchor lock is heavy and I didn’t bring it due to almost being on the baggage limit. Clearly a mistake.

jamj1974

I took mine when I went both times, I did feel a bit over-cautious – but it was worth it for greater peace of mind. It did help that both places I have been had alarmed storage too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP sorry to hear. Hope it doesn’t spoil the holiday too much. Every “secure storage” place I have been we’ve just keft bikes unlocked inside a simple shed really. Duely warned.

carlphillips
    Free Member

is bike shop ben one of your group by any chance? he had 2 bikes stolen the other night…thieving bastards

tall_martin

Yep, Ben was doubly unfortunate 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘More bikes stolen from Chalet in morzine’ is closed to new replies.