Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Moral Racing Results Dilemma – would you bother saying anything?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Is there another chapter to come?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Has he been rumbled yet?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No he’s racing a Ironman UK this weekend and cheating his way around ….

matt_bl
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member

No he’s racing a Ironman UK this weekend and cheating his way around ….

I’m embarrassed to say I fell for this and checked to see whether our man was taking part……..and whether he had a short-cut over Rivi!

Matt

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

PMSL that’s brilliant!!! I have no idea but I wondered what the update was …

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

So was the lying, cheating scumbucket publicly outed, hung by his earlobes, and subsequently appeared on Oprah/Lorraine to admit he cheated but blamed it on his competitive nature?

Or did he explain how it was a genuine mistake? Or that some protester had protestingly turned a direction sign to point the other way, that a few competitors had got misdirected before the problem was noticed, and they were all officially allowed the shortcut?

Edukator
    Free Member

I set one of the fastest run times in Embrun one year. Or at least that’s what people started telling me when I finished. I told them my real run time and they seemed “intrigued”. I’d also officially done a lousy bike time. I don’t know who they’d been timing for my split times but it wasn’t me.

Madame won a Winter triathlon after her main rival was disqualified for cheating. Fortunately there were enough men between them to say they hadn’t been overtaken by her rival and there were ski tracks cutting off a part of the course where she did the overtaking.

Madame had herself disqualified from another Winter triathlon having been sent the wrong way at a junction. Lots of people were waved straight on rather than being sent around a loop but she was the only one to go to the organisers and tell them.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Sooo….. did anything come of this in the end? Am intrigued!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I keep thinking about this too especially as it’s Ironman WAles this weekend so he has every opportunity to redeem himself and stop being a cheat!

Come on OP enlighten us!

nedrapier

I was pressganged into a county swimming meet by my school because they were short of people and I seemed to be a relatively strong swimmer.

Them: Can you do the Individual medley?

Me: Probably, not really done much butterfly, but ‘ll give it a go if you want me too.

Speaking to the guys I was up against, they were asking my what my PB was. Erm… Didn’t quite feel like asking what order the strokes were. I figured I’d get a bad start (I clearly wasn’t going to win!) and have a look at what the guy next to me was doing when I came up.

I saw his left arm, assumed he was doing front crawl, so set off doing front crawl. I had plenty of notice to work out what strokes followed, as I was quickly left behind. Last stroke – front crawl! Pfff…

I finished a length behind to more cheers and applause than the winner. And best of all, because I was a late replacement, someone else’s name was read out as being disqualified for messing the lengths up!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

M-c, there was a brief update from convert on my triathlon thread. He’s only gone and got himself the tattoo. 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

LOL. It’s good that they are easy to alter/remove these days.. or maybe he’d just wear long sleeves for a few years til it all blows over before flaunting it again.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Moral Racing Results Dilemma – would you bother saying anything?’ is closed to new replies.