Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Moral dillema
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Very poor.

allthepies
    Free Member

Probably a fibreglass fishing rod, doubt if you could tell the difference between that and carbon by simply doing a ride-by crushing 😉

Not that excuses your appalling behaviour of course 😛

snowslave

Not as poor as you'll be when you cough up for a £2500 rod… 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Probably a fibreglass fishing rod

I would doubt that very much – the majority will be carbon these days apart from VERY cheap toy ones.

Perhaps it was the original cane fly rod* as used by JR Hartley. That'll be worth a bob or two…

*Pedants beware – I know you wouldn't be fly fishing on a canal. Unless fishing for the flies hovering around the bodies dumped in there.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Is anybody else confused by the fact barnsleymitch broke the rod/pole then when he went back the boy had gone?
    Of course he had gone what sort of person tries to fish with a broken rod?

BigDummy
    Free Member

What sort of person gives up fishing just because their rod is broken? These guys step up when they call themselves fishermen. I've seen Touching The Void, I know the risks they run when they go out there, I've seen the heroism and the sacrifice.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

It seems as though the more I try to explain, the more guilty I appear. There was a group of them, all with a number of rods each, both in use and strewn across the path. Next time, I'll just stick to bursting their footballs or cutting the strings on their kites – happy now?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Next time, I'll just stick to bursting their footballs or cutting the strings on their kites – happy now?

As long as you subsequently discover guilt and try to atone for your sins before you are cast through the gates of hell.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

No, it'll be purgatory for me, at least to begin with…

Pigface
    Free Member

Could be an urban myth warning.

Back when I lived in Pontywaun and knew the boys in Martin Hatfield well there was the tale of a group of lads riding up the canal from Risca to where it stops in Pontywaun to go up the Scenic Drive, the one at the front ran over a fishermans kit and the one at the back paid fot it by being given a beating by the angry angler. He and his bike ended up in the canal.

If you spent the night on a canal bank only to let go what you had spent hours trying to catch I think you would be a little unglued.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Moral dillema’ is closed to new replies.