Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Moral dilemma (we all love one of these threads 😀)
  • funkmasterp

It irks me a bit that people do take less consideration around your car because they perceive it to be an old banger, when you’ve actually put countless hours of labour into it and have a really close connection.

A close connection? What exactly are you doing to this car? Are the seats a bit sticky?

angeldust
    Free Member

Often repeated but not true

Well that’s the title of Drac’s autobiography that nobody will ever read sorted

spooky_b329

The parked car may be in a private carpark, so MOT not really relevant anyway.

It may be private land but its accessible to the public, so makes no difference in terms of MOT/Insurance.  And you still need to SORN your car if its out of use and sitting on your private drive.

angeldust
    Free Member

try owning a van – old or new. Fresh from the dealer I’ve had B&Q customers stack paving slabs against the side of it while the load their car

It takes a special kind of idiot to behave like that.  Problem is, there seems to be so many about (idiots that don’t care about other peoples stuff, not vans)…

Drac

<em class=”bbcode-em”>The parked car may be in a private carpark, so MOT not really relevant anyway.

Well that’s not accurate at all.

Go on you may as well have a pop while you’re here I suppose, feel better now?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d read it.

I’d imagine it would be simultaneously both amusing and absorbing. 😉

Drac

I’d imagine it would be simultaneously both amusing and absorbing.

Hahahaha!

kerley
    Free Member

And repairs cost the same, regardless of what it is.

Does than mean that a bumper for a ford fiesta is the same price as a bumper for a Ferrari 488?

sbob
    Free Member

Does than mean that a bumper for a ford fiesta is the same price as a bumper for a Ferrari 488?

Not far off at Kwik Fit.

butcher

A close connection? What exactly are you doing to this car? Are the seats a bit sticky?

They are lovingly cleaned afterwards.

That’s a bit of an extreme comparison, but if we’re to use the original scenario as an example, then I’d expect a respray in a local paint shop to be roughly the same. Patching dents and scratches would be roughly the same. Replacing parts is clearly different, but even then, using examples of every day vehicles, the cost of component parts for a 2018 VW Golf, are going to be roughly the same as that of a 2005 Golf.

kerley
    Free Member

That’s a bit of an extreme comparison

I think it was you who said

And repairs cost the same, regardless of what it is.

jamesoz

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>spooky_b329
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

<em class=”bbcode-em”>The parked car may be in a private carpark, so MOT not really relevant anyway.

It may be private land but its accessible to the public, so makes no difference in terms of MOT/Insurance.  And you still need to SORN your car if its out of use and sitting on your private drive

</div>
    Yes, I was probably pushing it a bit there. A Pub car park with no access to the public is a bit pointless. I’m aware of the SORN rules and continuous insurance.

revs1972
    Free Member

try owning a van – old or new. Fresh from the dealer I’ve had B&Q customers stack paving slabs against the side of it while the load their car

Tell me me about it, was walking back to my van tother day , and witnessed some jumped up Doris try to squeeze her fat twin set arse through the passenger door of a turquoise Evoke, whilst pushing said door into the side of my T5 ( leaving a nice blue mark on it ).

when I asked her why the driver couldn’t reverse before she got in the vehicle I was abruptly told “it’s only a van” to which I may have momentarily lost my shit and told her she was a effing see you next Tuesday *

My mood lightened a little when she asked the driver (assumed it was her husband) if he was going to let me talk to her like that, and he just glared at her, turned to me and said “I’m sorry”.

On checking, the paint came off with a rub and there was no other damage.

Bet she gave him a right bollocking after that though

* this being the same day that someone had scraped the side of my other van and driven off , so I was not in the best of moods.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Moral dilemma (we all love one of these threads 😀)’ is closed to new replies.