Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Moral dilemma re sold frame..
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Rorschach. Yes you do.

I’ve replied to him with no result thus far.

hora
    Free Member

Is this the Comm6 new at 350?

I think the wording is clear. Buyer mistake.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

An idiot would see the advert as saying the” frame for sale looks like the picture apart from the shock” wonder what the actual shock looks like

Or a fool would see the advert as “£375 for a brand new Commencal Supreme” but it buy it aggghhhh, I can’t be parted within my money quick enough..

a person of normal intelligence sees it as a badly written advert with a stock photo posted by someone too lazy to do a proper advert but reads that no shock included, which is confirmed by the price really.

Tell the buyer to suck it up but be more mindful next time.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Could you not have add ‘Excluding shock’ in the title of the ad? I’d also have made it clearer to idiots that a shock was not included, so ‘PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO SHOCK INCLUDED WITH THIS FRAME’

johnj2000
    Free Member

Is all the abuse regarding grammar really necessary? The op just wanted a few opinions on whether the add was misleading not whether he failed GCSE English.

When it comes to situations like this, if I have a feeling a might have cocked up and duped, intentionally or otherwise, someone into spending more than the item is worth, then I offer a refund or part refund. If on the other hand you believe what you sold was worth the price they paid you then they should be able to sell it on again if they are really unhappy. Looking at the description, you do state it doesn’t come with a shock so if you can hand on heart say you were not out to deceive then stand your ground.

I sold a road bike I had bought just for one event. I paid 200 for it and sold it for 350, I felt bad to have made a profit on something that imo was not worth 350 but that’s how auctions go. In the end the guy complained that the frame was more marked than he expected, I had tried to show everything in pics but because I felt bad I offered a 50 pound part refund. He was happy, I was more comfortable and all was good with the world, until I got the eBay seller fees that is 🙂

Drac

It could have been made a lot clearer the shock wasn’t included either in the title as mentioned or bold in capitals at the start of the description. It is there however but stuck right at the end of the advert.

theotherjonv

Pretty much what jj2k just said.

You dont owe him a foc shock, but tryoing to sort it out nicely would bethe right thing to do. Apologise if there was a misunderstanding created but the ad said no shock and £350 is a fair price for an as new without shock frame of this type. Offer him the shock at a fair price too, or offer a return if he’d prefer, life’s too short to get in dumb arguments and we all f’up occasionally. Resell it and move on.

Out of interest – if you are selling the shock too, why did you split them in the first place?

chiefgrooveguru

I think it’s obvious that the shock was not included.

chip
    Free Member

I think the ad is piss poor, but I would see it as a frame only, no shock sale.
    That said I have learnt never to underestimate how stupid some people actually are so would have been more specific to save any potential confusion.

P20

Did they buy from the pinkbike ad or your STW ad? The STW says EXC shock. Have they thought EXC is a brand or type of shock?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My daughter, 10 said that there’s obviously no shock included as it says so

The buyer has made a mistake.

convert

Is all the abuse regarding grammar really necessary? The op just wanted a few opinions on whether the add was misleading not whether he failed GCSE English.

The ad created confusion for the (admittedly low IQ or naive) buyer. IMO the poor english would have contributed to this so yes, commenting on the quality of the grammar is absolutely relevant.

rone

This is no different to SC showing their frames with Kashima and then asking you to pay for upgrade.

Point is buyer must have known as price would’ve been quite a bit more with shock?

WYSIWYG, this is why I don’t deal in price sensitive element of the world. They expect more for less. (Not that I’m in the habit of bike part sales.)

johnj2000
    Free Member

but your grammatical ineptitude does not make it as clear as it could have been.

What I really meant was the tone of the grammatical criticism. It could have been worded in a much less antagonistic way maybe? I am sure you wrote it with a smile on your face and would have used the same terminology should you have met the OP face 2 face, even if he was built like a brick outhouse 🙂

amplebrew

Exactly like picture excluding shock (you need a 200×57) could possibly mean that it comes with a different make / model of shock; but I personally think it’s obvious that the shock is not included.

I would have thought that an advert for a full suspension frame that didn’t specify the shock details; an obvious question would be to ask what it did come with.

If the buyer was unhappy, I would personally refund on the basis that they paid for the postage back and also that the refund would only go through once the frame had returned in the same condition it went out.

I wouldn’t be refunding on the basis that the advert was wrong though, just that I would think it was the right thing to do.

convert

I am sure you wrote it with a smile on your face and would have used the same terminology should you have met the OP face 2 face, even if he was built like a brick outhouse

I would have said it exactly the same way I typed it. It does help that I am built like the size of two brick outhouses 🙂 (and I’ve a lovely personality that allows me to be cheeky to all and sundry 😉 )

*you don’t have to look through too much of my posting history to find huge grammatical gaffs; but I do try to be slightly more accurate and professional when money is changing hands.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Fair play convert, I on the other hand am built like a short podgy thing but being northern I do tend to speak rather openly as well.

Do we have an outcome then?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Personally think it’s obvious.

I’d not accept a return, but if I was feeling generous I’d offer an 80% refund or something along those lines based on my inconvenience.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

No reply from buyer so I assume he’s realised he can’t read and I can’t write.

Re my grammar, it’s pinkbike, I’m not writing a dissertation.

Drac

Maybe he couldn’t understand your reply.

granny_ring

I’m not writing a dissertation.

LOL, very good 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Moral dilemma re sold frame..’ is closed to new replies.