Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Moral dilemma – fixed clickbait quizzes on FB
  • aracer
    Free Member

Have seen a couple of these now, with the same format. A short series of questions, it doesn’t tell you if you’ve got each question right, but gives you a mark at the end. That mark being 100% even if you get a few wrong (I had my suspicions after the first one I saw where I guessed at least half, so seeing the same format again I deliberately gave some wrong answers – though it’s clever in that if you get too many wrong it doesn’t give you 100%).

So the question is, should I point out to my friends on FB that it’s a fix and burst their bubble? I presume the fix is in order to encourage people to share with their 100% result, so it feels like I should discourage this, but is that just being mean?

Yeah, I know, clickbait on FB, but I’m not sharing and not seeing any ads with my browser setup 😉

GrahamS

If it’s not doing any harm I generally just ignore it.

If I’m feeling cheeky then I’ll post something like “Hmm.. that’s funny I got 100% too. And so did my cat.”

I do call out some of the completely bogus “news” stuff with suitable Snopes links though, as I think some of that stuff is far more dangerous.

njee20
    Free Member

Unfriend everyone who shares such inane shit?

I agree with Graham, particularly on the last point, all the “this new crime wave is sweeping the US, if you ever see a $10 bill on your windscreen never stop to remove it, you’ll be carjacked” and stuff like that really annoys me. Pointless scaremongering perpetuated by the hard of thinking.

deadkenny
    Free Member

But 90% of people won’t get it right… 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, I tend to reply with a snopes link to hoaxes. This doesn’t seem quite so important – I presume it’s generating extra shares hence extra clicks and extra ad serves.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody annoying that’s what they are.

A mate of mine is into the whole “psychological profiling” bucket of dreams stuff, damn if I don’t get all his “xxxxxx liked and commented on this” in my feeds.

So far I’ve found out I’m a human with some flaws.

😆

AlexSimon

People usually start realising how boring these things are once a few appear on their timeline.
    My Facebook seems to have calmed down a lot recently.

The ones that really annoy me are the people who share my political views but then go and share some absolute nonsense. Proper facepalm material.

I see everything through a very cynical eye to be honest. To the point that I even don’t trust things that turn out to be true. For example, today’s firefighters holding back Spanish police thing. I just assume that there’s more to the story than first appears.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Moral dilemma – fixed clickbait quizzes on FB’ is closed to new replies.