Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Moral Dilemma – affair
  • br
    Free Member

If you are married/together, tell your OH. And ask her advice.

Although she may know already, women talk…

uwe-r
    Free Member

Why not send an anonymous email with a link to this thread sent to the Mistress telling her “You are the mistress in this situation, what would you like to happen?” she could then set up an anonymous user id and tell you anonymously. Perfect.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

It’s actually none of your business. But it tells you more about your friends honesty, values and integrity. Is such behaviour the qualities you seek in a friend?

elzorillo
    Free Member

It’s actually none of your business. But it tells you more about your friends honesty, values and integrity. Is such behaviour the qualities you seek in a friend

^^ This ^^

hora
    Free Member

^^ Sounds similar to my situation. I distanced myself from the fella after it put me in a difficult position.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I would say it depends on how close you are. I would want a good friend of mine to tell me that I was acting like a selfish **** and risking turning my life into a soap opera, losing the chance to watch my child grow up.

I don’t think i’d be speaking to the mistress or the blokes wife though.

yunki
    Free Member

whatever you decide to do, a hearty punch in the face is going to be the only surefire way to let him know that he’s being a spoilt little brat by cheating on his wife when they’ve just had a new baby..

what a spineless toad..

so get that out of the way first.. make sure that it’s your very best punch too please..

It’s your duty I’m afraid, if he’s a good friend he’ll understand that you were obliged to do this..

then tell him you’re prepared to give him a chance to sort it all out, otherwise you’ll be putting an end to his silly games

joao3v16
    Free Member

then tell him you’re prepared to give him a chance to sort it all out, otherwise you’ll be putting an end to his silly games

Yep. Ultimatum him – “you tell all, or I will …”

mrblobby
    Free Member

Where did the “unburden” thread go?

Oh and +1000000 for this…

what a spineless toad..

johnellison
    Free Member

Based on personal experience in similar circumstances, I would adopt the DIY approach

D – Don’t
    I – Involve
    Y – Yourself

It’s is immensely difficult to be in this position, but you’ve got to harden your heart and turn your back on it. What your two friends get up to is ABSOLUTELY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Unless it directly affects you, which of course it doesn’t.

Mouth shut, fingers in ears, blindfold on. Head down, arse up. Get on with YOUR life and leave them to it.

midlifecrashes

Do nothing. People have sex with people, deal with it. If you’re not one of the people, it really isn’t your affair(pun not intentional, this time).

project
    Free Member

Why not post the details on a bike forum and let a load of bikers discuss the relative merits of what to do.

Strangely it does help .

joolsburger
    Free Member

Millions of people have affairs that cause absolutely no damage to anyone. What causes damage is people sticking in their oars and squealing on people or guilt ridden people confessing their sins.

I don’t agree with cheating and wouldn’t do it but I wouldn’t ever presume to get involved in other peoples business on the grounds that it’s none of mine.

You should stay well out of it.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

A good test I would put in place would be if “I knew my Friend had a baby or not”.

If I did know I would have a chat with him and try and open his eyes to what a plonker he was being and what he was risking.

If I didn’t know he had a baby I would realise I am merely an aquintance and that I should mind my own bloody business.

pingu66
    Free Member

Along time ago my partners friends OH was playing around and I was the new kid on the block having not been with my partner that long. In the circle of friends everyone knew except his wife. It all came out one night at a party when someone slipped up and ended very messily.

Leave well alone or tell him to sort his shit out.

grum
    Free Member

Millions of people have affairs that cause absolutely no damage to anyone. What causes damage is people sticking in their oars and squealing on people or guilt ridden people confessing their sins.

Hmmm, nowt to do with all the lying then?

Life isn’t black and white though.

Think it’s fairly black and white that this guy is a tosser:

I know some information told to me by a lad who laid two prossies whilst on holiday with his Wife.

Personally I would lean towards the tell him he’s being a **** option.

totalshell

DO NOTHING.. who are you to interfer with others lifes.. do you know for an absolute fact that the partner knows nothing.. one of my friends is married to a lady who is fully aware and accepts his weekend relationship with a lady 20 years younger.. and has done for many years.. its only now becoming messy as he is very ill and each wants time with him.

Jamie
    Free Member

*skip to the end*

Have we starting guessing who it is yet?

Not having read any of the thread, I will go with …[Redacted – Mods]

RustySpanner

If someone I loved was playing away, I’d want to know.

And if I found out that mates knew but hadn’t told me, I’d be very annoyed indeed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh I’ve just finished my biscuits and I guess I should get another cup of tea.

Carry on, as you were.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’d say neither a, b or c.

What you should be doing is having a word with your mate, explaining the devastation this will cause to all 3 parties and the kid when the inevitable happens and they all find out, and that he should be knocking it on the head.

It’s not for you to tell the other parties and be part of the unravelling of their lives, just as it is not your place to tell him to ‘fess up. Maybe just guide him to making the right choice and try to resolve all this without too much destruction.

Just my thoughts on how I would handle it – and yes it could be said it is the less than 100% totally honest way, but does “full disclosure” in this case really have any benefit?

piemonster

This guy sounds like a massive turd

I’d do

What you should be doing is having a word with your mate, explaining the devastation this will cause to all 3 parties and the kid when the inevitable happens and they all find out, and that he should be knocking it on the head.

Not sure I’d ever talk to him again after that, full stop.

Euro
    Free Member

Here’s a little tale. My best friend growing up and his girl (who was also a good friend) split up. He wasn’t exactly faithful throughout their relationship (I was constantly telling him to wise up) but they split after over 10 years together. On a night out, she confessed to me that she’d been seeing one of his ‘mates’ behind his back (she went into a lot of detail). I think she was hoping i’d tell my him, but I didn’t see any point in hurting him as he was struggling to come to grips with his situation, so I said nothing. That is until a few years later, when they decided to go again. I told him what had happen previously and he went mad and confronted her. She denied it all (and called me a liar) and he believed her. They got back together again – for a little while. I lost what I considered to be two good friends, as they haven’t spoke to me since.

Long story short. Unless you want involved in the soap opera that will follow, stay out of it.

slackalice
    Free Member

As if life isn’t complicated enough already, some people just have to find out how much more complicated they can make it for themselves.

My guess is that he is on that learning curve and it will all come out at some point by way of an un-deleted text or email or faceache faux pas.

On the whole I would suggest you stay out of it, apart from subtly suggesting to him as a ‘friend’ that if he hasn’t done so already, he had better get an exit strategy prepared. He will need it.

hora
    Free Member

You should always jump into a raging river to save a child.
    ..but never pry into other peoples private lives.

I’ve heard alot of stuff over the years from friends. It stays counsel/unspoken.

smell_it
    Free Member

He’s still a friend of mine even though he’s kept this from me

Either;
    – they clearly don’t consider you a friend.
    – you are the sort of inadequate that considers the bloke in your corner shop your friend on the basis you see him once a week to buy a pint of milk from and he says hello.
    – you are or are considering playing away.

robbo
    Free Member

Similar situation here with the neighbours. Neighbour had affair with friend of ours who subsequently divorces her own husband but shacks up with another different guy. Neighbour is devastated and weeping all over our kitchen table.

I’ve told him to just go away and I want nothing to do with him again. Haven’t said anything to other parties. He subsequently has decided to move away with his wife. Lost a friend but really good riddance.

Say what you need to say to feel at peace with yourself is my advice.

hora
    Free Member

Robbo the woman sounds like she has spring-loaded legs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its only “not a problem” because they dont know not because its OK.
    Is stealing ok if you dont get caught?

If it was me and my partner was having an affair and everyone knew and no one told me i have been wronged by more than one person.

I would speak to the mate [ person you vaguely know] – possibly following Yunkis advice and give him an ultimatum

Having been there and done it [ the telling] you will lose “friends” but that was no bad thing as they had broken moral compasses if they thought i was the bad guy.

yunki
    Free Member

It stays counsel/unspoken.

and good counsel in this instance almost certainly involves a good solid bop on the nose* (if you are any sort of friend at all)

*a good knee in the goolies will suffice if you’re worried about how his wife will react to him coming home with his eye in a sling..

Moses

Don’t say a word.
    The messenger always gets shot.
    You may not know the whole story (Obviously, as you didn’t know about the pregnancy)

Keep out of it, keep your big mouth shut.

NZCol

I’m in the middle of something like this – as a confidante.
    My mature and adult reaction was to cover my ears and run around in a circle shouting lalalalalalalalalalalala
    WTF do you want me to know for ? A problem shared is a funking burden on someone else who now has a moral dilemma ! I used words like disappointed, disgusted, appalled and then climaxed with “It will end in tears and could be a childs eye. You might as well go whole hog and eat a dolphin with swan sauce.”

yunki
    Free Member

You might as well go whole hog and eat a dolphin with swan sauce

Mmmmmm hog and dolphin in swan sauce

cookeaa

hora – Member
    You should always jump into a raging river to save a child.
    ..but never pry into other peoples private lives.

I’ve heard alot of stuff over the years from friends. It stays counsel/unspoken.

+10000000

You might not approve of your mates conduct, if he asks your opinion tell him, but that’s it…

This is a mess for those involved to deal with (or not) as they see fit.

OP it’s not your problem, you didn’t create the situation, you’re not directly affected by the outcome so just stay well clear…

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Moral Dilemma – affair’ is closed to new replies.