Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Moors 100
  • charliemort

Anyone heard anything about this? Is it going ahead?

Was deferred from last year

Thanks

johnnystorm

I think it’s all systems go. Have a look on Bearbones, I think the organiser has posted an update there.

johnx2
    Free Member

Good reminder 🙂

https://moorsonehundred.com/

Same weekend as Jennride 🙁

I’d emailed Si a couple of months ago but no reply. Given the basis on which moors100 is organised times we’re in etc I’m not bothered about a refund or anything, but there’s a few of us who had 2020 moors tickets and will be jennriding instead, and these are spaces others might want?

thenorthwind

Yup, going ahead. Si confirmed as much a few days ago on a Bearbones thread. It was postponed to the current date last summer and there’s not been an email since so not surprising that some people have forgotten – I did for a while.

charliemort

I’ll be after one if they will accept transfers

Mugboo

I emailed Si to say that I couldn’t make it this year but would like to defer but I’ve not had a reply.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Asked the question a few weeks ago via email and had no reply ?

charliemort

Yes – I emailed also – no reply. Friend has subscribed to mailing list and nothing. As above I’m not fussed about the money – people put themselves out on a limb for this sort of thing – but would like to know for sure it’s on and whether transfers etc are possible. Otherwise hopefully we can sneak onto jenn ride

I did look on bearbines – where was the update, I couldn’t find it but didn’t really know where to look.

pocpoc
    Free Member

This is definitely going to be on my list for a 2022 entry. Looks amazing.

sijackson
    Free Member

Hi all
    Yes the event is going ahead subject to restrictions being lifted next month. On top of the pandemic we have had major issues with our website provider GoDaddy. They lost all our data back in February, which we thought was sorted, but issues are still emerging, the latest being that the updates I have been sending out sporadically have gone to no one and we haven’t been getting any emails. I didn’t think it unusual as most people have called or texted over the years for help and info. But anyway, I’m not an expert on these things and they are still trying to resolve the issue in their own inefficient way.
    I did get the email backlog this week and spent hours going through them, so that’s back up and running if you need anything. I still have no access to our subscribers list though which is causing a lot of anxiety, despite reassurances that they can sort it.
    Add to that issues with Eventbrite who are a nightmare to contact (does anyone have a telephone number btw), the admin side of things has been a real headache.

But yeah, we are still planning to go ahead. We have obviously had one eye on the easing of restrictions whilst forging ahead with plans over the last month, but it all looks to be going to plan despite new variants and Hancock and Boris’ Clown Club. Route is finished and recce is done (it’s very, very good) and the Saturday night plans are coming together nicely. Most of the musicians we had booked last year are still coming and well up for it, Ginni has got some great food vendors coming along and rather too much booze ordered. Sunday morning might be interesting

We just need to wait a little longer to see if the final restrictions will be lifted and keep everything crossed.

In the absence of being able to update by email, we’ve been posting the usual crap on Instagram and drip feeding on bearbones, so maybe check those out to keep in the loop.

Hope you are keeping well
    Si

charliemort

is this best on MTB or big tyred gravel bike? thanks

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

charliemort
    is this best on MTB or big tyred gravel bike? thanks

Id wait and see the route and make a decision from that , I ride what will be parts of the route and ill be on 3 inch tyres etc , bit much for a gravel bike , hurts less when u get older 🙂

boxelder

He designs the course for MTB, avoiding stuff that would be perfectly suited to gravel bikes – such as the old railway from Lion Inn to Bloworth.
    Deffo MTB for me.

For gravel bike bikepacking #withbenefits in the N Y Moors try http://www.thedistance.cc

stanley

Thanks for this…

Had a look at the link; tickets left; so bought one double quick without thinking 🙂

I’ll be the one with the big rucksack!

stanley

Anyone here doing this?

I’ll be on my Santa Cruz Tallboy with pal on Bird 29er.
    No longer planning on using a huge rucksack, as I’ve been spending on kit 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Booked to ride this , partly packed etc , but felt crap all week and have zero riding mojo, so may give this a miss, looks great as well and local-ish , so may hit the route later in the year 🙂 .. enjoy if you go 🙂

stanley

What a cracking event.
    OK, the first day’s headwind was a bit draining… and the run of gates on the second day a bit testing, but everything else was brilliant.
    The organisers had laid on the best overnight stop ever… great selection of food, music, drinks, etc. Really laid-back atmosphere and a great bunch of people taking part. Huge mix of bikes too: I reckon that riding a full suspension bike probably put me in the minority.

Hopefully Paul and Simon (and others) will run again next year.

charliemort

having deferred entry twice, ridden the ‘unofficial’ short route the original date this year, i was up for this but had to pull out with parental health issues …… bu@@er

Simon

None of my mates that entered could make the re-arranged date but I went anyway.
    Had a great time, rode solo on Saturday which was mentally challenging at times with the long flat moors bits into the wind and the tagged along with some other riders on Sunday.
    I was on my rigid Pinnacle Ramin 29er, which for me was perfect, a supsension fork would have been nice on some of the descents but overall it was good, so pleased that I didn’t take my gravel bike!

happybiker
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that, nice and chilled and the riding was brilliant, especially day 1!

Anyone here doing this?

I’ll be on my Santa Cruz Tallboy with pal on Bird 29er.
    No longer planning on using a huge rucksack, as I’ve been spending on kit 🙂

I think I rode with you through the woods after the first Moor, up to the cliffs, I was on the Ti hardtail, wearing a Marmite top.

Really surprised by the wide range of bikes being used.

ginkster

Agree with everything said above. It was a great event (thanks Si, Paul and Ginny) with fantastic and varied trails. Hard work at times but very rewarding and great to meet so many likeminded people on the trails and over a beer/pizza. @stanley I chatted to you and your mate on the climb up to the railway line on Saturday morning. I was on the green Chameleon. See you next year?? Glad I didn’t take a gravel bike too!!

k1100t
    Free Member

Did it on my gravel bike, which was mostly fine, although I did feel I would’ve benefited from higher volumes tyres in a few places. The bits I didn’t ride, like that mental steep flagstone stepped descent, I wouldn’t have ridden on a MTB anyway…

The canyon

I would never have come to ride my bike in this part of the country if it hadn’t been for this event, and that would have been my loss. What a spectacular place.

Descent to Low Mill

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Moors 100’ is closed to new replies.