Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 366 total)
  • Moon Landing Hoax? Channel 5 now!
  • D0NK

They could have sent the mirror up in an unmanned rocket though?

Hey, here’s an idea. If they’re doing that anyway, why not see about chucking a couple of blokes in there with it? During the sixties there seemed to be an almost limitless supply of blokes volunteering to strap themselves to very fast bloody dangerous machines just for the craic, bet the waiting list for gemini/appollo places was enormous. Reckon if NASA offered a few one way ticket flights there’d be plenty of takers too.

aye-aye
    Free Member

There is no moon

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So anyway, we’ve disproved the radiation and the camera cross hairs theories*, what else is there?

*As fully as we can on an Internet forum, i.e. to the same degree that said theories were presented in the first pace.

stewartc
    Free Member

Moon landing conspiracy theorists are ametuers, I dont even believe the Moon exists 😉

toys19
    Free Member

Kryton, come on send us the rest. Perhaps we can persuade you that you’ve been duped by the sensationalists..

miketually
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

I really haven’t asked any existential questions, and won’t

but I think I’m a bit out of my depth here..
    To quote an old tutor at college

don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out

😳

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM1hv9ileaA[/video]

toys19
    Free Member

don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out

😀

nealglover
    Free Member

Again, I haven’t done any research – I should stop now until I have as its a bit pointless otherwise.

This is funny 🙂

Everyone else realised this a while ago.

How come it took you so long ?

jota180
    Free Member

When exactly did they come up with the plan to fake it?
    From the outset of the program or maybe right after the Apollo 10 ‘dry run’?

fasthaggis

” Cracking place Grommit”

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Apollo 10 just flew round the moon taking pictures for the fake landing, I thought that much was obvious..?

igm

Do we need a “what would TJ say” knocking up?

jota180
    Free Member

Apollo 10 just flew round the moon taking pictures for the fake landing, I thought that much was obvious..?

Of course! – slaps forehead

It must have been a bit of a bummer to have drawn Apollo 1 in the great moon hoax.
    Out of pure respect for those guys, the flat Earthers should stop being silly.

Cougar

It must have been a bit of a bummer to have drawn Apollo 1 in the great moon hoax.

“Hey Gus, we’ve picked you to take part in an elaborate hoax!”

“That’s great, what do I have to do?”

“Well… actually, you might not like this much but…”

nickc

Amazing how many of the leading ” we never went” theorists have books/DVDs etc etc to promote. I mean it can’t be a co-incidence, right?

Or is it…..

yunki
    Free Member

Is it possible that the whole conspiracy theory thing was a conspiracy by NASA to try and rustle up a bit of public interest in the dying space programme..?

Kryton57

Is it possible that the whole conspiracy thing was a conspiracy by NASA to try and rustle up a bit of public interest in the dying space programme..?

Damn you Yunki! 😉

nickc

a conspiracy about a conspriracy theory? Yep, I could see how that would work 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

To be positioned properly for the subsequent experiment, how?
    How would our astronaughts be able to measure the same positioning…?

I think they could probably spot the earth from the moon and point the reflector at it. Perhaps then use some instrument to get the angles spot on but its really not that hard. As for sending machines – as mentioned- then just chuck in some actual people

What DOES interest me though is other folks seemingly unshakable and often almost quite aggressive faith in stuff..

Not sure what you mean by Faith here tbh

So you guys that are certain, have you ever doubted or questioned your belief..?

What belief? I only have evidence that points in one direction

Some of you talk about research and evidence.. what ‘one thing’ erased all doubt.. was there a moment where you thought ‘yes well that’s settled it for me..’?

Well the moon landing was before my time so I grew up knowing we had done this. I then got into a debate with a friend who denied it and they brought up many of the arguments presented here- I have won him over but not on 9/11, Elvis or JFK.

I read around and was able to refute them

Occam’s razor is generally useful for this sort if stuff.

As they built a great big rocket there was little to be saved from faking it and if the plan was that elaborate and at that cost we could safely assume they would not mess up the photos as this would be the “proof”- they may have thought of that
    Mythbusters did some interesting stuff on the fluttering flag for example to show it would flutter in a vacuum [ when trying to be place dint he ground]as there is no resistance to it moving

I have two issues with conspiracist
    1. Whilst it is true the govt could lie to us that does not mean that every time they speak they are doing
    2. They tend to believe in a wide catalogue of conspiracy stuff rather than just one

The evidence for an actual moon landing is pretty overwhelming and takes a large does of stupidity or conspiracy magic to not see this.

Kryton57

[paranoid mode]

The evidence for an actual moon landing is pretty overwhelming and takes a large does of stupidity or conspiracy magic to not see this. Unless you haven’t researched it properly

FTFY, as I’ve mentioned several times I haven’t looked into it properly

[/paranoid mode]

jota180
    Free Member

as I’ve mentioned several times I haven’t looked into it properly

That seems a bizarre position to take
    If most people told me the A1 road had London at one end and Edinburgh at the other, I’d take it as a safe bet that it was in fact the case.
    I don’t think I’d look to take a contrary position without research.

You seem to have the normality arse about tit, surely without research you would take the generally accepted position?

nealglover
    Free Member

I haven’t looked into it properly

Do you mean you haven’t looked into the “it didn’t happen” arguments well enough to figure out if its worth continuing to argue that it didn’t happen ?

Or do you mean you haven’t seen the Videos and all the photos of those men walking on the moon ?

Kryton57

nealglover – Member

I haven’t looked into it properly

Do you mean you haven’t looked into the “it didn’t happen” arguments well enough to figure out if its worth continuing to argue that it didn’t happen ?

That ^^ and the counter evidence.

nealglover
    Free Member

I thought that you had done all that “years ago” from what you said earlier.

Kryton57

FFS. I did, not properly, then I posted on here 10 years later and realised I didn’t know as much as I thought I did (again), and quite frankly admitted that.

Can we stop the individual persecution now please? I don’t know how much more self flaggelation and admission you want out of me before some other random STWer pops up and makes sure I’m being implied an idiot. >:|

[/RANT}

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve never thoroughly researched the claim that the Earth is round. There is evidence to the contrary.

nealglover
    Free Member

I do think that anyone who really believes that the moon landing was faked is an idiot.

I’m just glad that after your research is done, you probably won’t be one of them (any more 😉 )

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve never thoroughly researched the claim that the Earth is round.

Have you not seen the photos that Armstrong and Aldrin took from the moon?

…. oh, hang on

davidjones15
    Free Member

If most people told me the A1 road had London at one end and Edinburgh at the other, I’d take it as a safe bet that it was in fact the case.

This is the basic idea of marketing and advertising, isn’t it? 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Can we stop the individual persecution now please?

Yes please, it’s not nice reading. The guy’s being pretty decent, so let’s all just move on and have a nice discussion.

piemonster

Can we stop the individual persecution now please?

Awwwww, but i wanna get some persecution in.

Been busy getting Christmas trees and renovating a floor standing counterbalance Loom. Feel like I might have missed my chance.

Where are we at anyway? Who believes the Earth is flat, and who believes the moon landing never happened?

GrahamS

The moon landing conspiracy I’ve always found more intriguing is that they did go but the photos didn’t come out so they had to fake them 😀

Can’t be easy to work a Hasselblad with a spacesuit on.

Imagine getting back and finding out Buzz had his thumb over the lens or Neil left the cap on 😀

Or even that you miscalculated the effect of radiation on the film and it is all ruined.

molgrips
    Free Member

Piemonster, what’s this about looms? What do you plan to do with this thing?

Cougar

piemonster

It’s the girlfriends new purchase, it’s all square and the joints are good. It’s going to need a few pieces making up but fortunately the frame is fully intact so any new wood won’t stand out. Big old beast though. We no longer have a dining room.

This is similar sort of thing

It’s absorbed about £45’s worth of Bees Wax so far as well.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife would be dead jealous. How much weaving has she been doing?

yunki
    Free Member

Never mind luna landings.. I sense a loomer stand-off on the event horizon.. I was looking at some delightful scarves that piemonster’s other half has been trying to punt..

If everything’s ready here on the Dark Side of the Loom…

ampthill

I’ve never heard of an academic geologist refer to a moon rock as a bit too like an earth rock…

http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/lunar/sampreq/index.cfm

piemonster

Nothing on this sort of scale, plenty on Rigid Heddle and Ashford table looms. She spins as well.

I very much suspect I’ll end up washing ovine faeces out of sheep skins soon enough. Just as well grow an unkempt beard and have twigs in my hair and be done with it.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 366 total)

The topic ‘Moon Landing Hoax? Channel 5 now!’ is closed to new replies.